• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oof .. UCF @ WSU is 9 PM on a Wednesday lol

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
      C0|dB|00ded commented
      Editing a comment

Packed house at Midnight against W. Kentucky on ESPN2.

You people are getting soft...

T

...:cool:

• Stickboy46
      Stickboy46 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, I'm gonna be there. But you know we will hear that excuse ...

• ArtVandalay
      ArtVandalay commented
      Editing a comment
      I love these games. Tickets tend to be easier to come by. Had multiple offers for that midnight game.

• RH: Three Thoughts on Wichita State's Men's Basketball Schedule

https://goshockers.com/news/2018/9/1...-schedule.aspx

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
      oof .. UCF @ WSU is 9 PM on a Wednesday lol
      If I can get my youngster put to bed by, say 8:00, I wonder if Mrs. WuShock16 would let me sneak away to go to the game.

Cue WuDrWu bringing me down to Earth with a hard-and-fast NO.
      78-65

Comment

• DneuYdaWwAA7-7i.jpg

Comment

• Neat to see that last year wasn't a dream. This is a Big Boy league! And only getting better! Love The American! Go Shocks!!!
          Last edited by AZ Shocker; September 19, 2018, 06:21 PM.
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• https://goshockers.com/news/2018/9/1...e-tv-info.aspx

SCHEDULE NOTABLES:

*This season 87 percent of the 108 American Athletic Conference games are on national linear television (CBS, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNEWS, CBSSN). Remaining games can all be seen on ESPN3.

*This is WSU's second go-around in The American, but there will still be plenty of unfamiliarity. Five of the nine conference road venues will be first-time visits for Shocker teams since joining the league. Cincinnati and Houston debut newly-renovated buildings in 2018-19 (Fifth Third Arena and the Fertitta Center). WSU did not play at USF or Tulane in 2017-18 due to the unbalanced league schedule. On Jan. 26, the Shockers trek to UConn's Gampel Pavilion in Storrs, Conn. Last year the teams played in Hartford at the XL Center.

* Fans who can't get enough of basketball season will get a few extra days to enjoy this one. The Nov. 6 opener vs. Louisiana Tech is the earliest season tipoff in program history (by three full days). The March 9 finale will, likewise, be the latest for a Shocker team since the 1973 season.

*Recent NCAA legislation, aimed at decompressing the regular season schedule, accomplished its mission. At 123 days, this will be the longest regular season ever for a WSU team – nine days longer than the runner-up, the 2017-18 season, which stretched 114 days. The Shockers will average a game every 4.1 days.

*WSU will enjoy two extended breaks, including an eight-day gap during the heart of the conference schedule. After a Feb. 9 home game against Tulane, the Shockers won't see action again until their Feb. 17 trip to Cincinnati.

*The schedule also features a 12-day break between the Dec. 22 non-conference finale at VCU and the Jan. 3 American opener at Memphis. Excluding gaps between conference tournament and postseason play, it's the longest in-season layoff for a WSU team since the 1989-90 Shockers, who competed in the preseason NIT on Nov. 16, then didn't see action again until Nov. 29.

*Saturday nights are all right. A year ago, WSU played just two home Saturday dates. This year's schedule includes six.

Comment

• For those that went to road conference games last year - any idea when tickets typically become available and suggestions on the best route to secure said tickets?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Pickle View Post
                For those that went to road conference games last year - any idea when tickets typically become available and suggestions on the best route to secure said tickets?
                At UCF, I went through their school, which tripped me to Vividseats.
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• atlwsu
                  atlwsu commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I went to UCF, Memphis and ECU. Called the schools athletic ticket office directly.

• DCShockerFan05
                  DCShockerFan05 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I went to UConn (stubhub I think) and bought my parents Memphis tix (through the school's ticket site). Neither seemed too hard--lots of seats available. UConn might be tougher this year because it's in Storrs instead of at the XL Center in Hartford. Whatever you do, be prepared to unsubscribe from a zillion emails--no, I am not interested in Memphis season tickets, thank you.

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                RH: Three Thoughts on Wichita State's Men's Basketball Schedule

https://goshockers.com/news/2018/9/1...-schedule.aspx
                Good to see Paul Suellentrop is still alive.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post
                  Senior Night against ECU? At least we will win this time.

Also, god that is a lot of CBSSN games, might have to get some online streaming service now.
                  Beats being in the Valley on ESPN Plus.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I should also add, while CBS SN gets less viewers, I think the presentation is a million times better. They have a studio who actually gets together before and after the games, and during halftime where they analyze the game in hand. I think it's also obvious CBS has a thing for WSU. They've been a good brand for both parties. They constantly blast WuShock in the background of all of their college basketball shows and studio segments. Plus, it's all CBS graphics, which it makes it look like a tournament game.

From what I've seen from ESPN, we usually get crappy time slots and the studio analysts typically discuss the Duke and UNC games a thousand times during halftime, while leaving the current game behind.

Regardless, it's a nice problem to be discussing, when all of our conference games are on national tv. Man, it's nice to be on the right side of things.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Does CBS SN have podcast replays?
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                        Does CBS SN have podcast replays?
                        I don't believe so. That's where they're deeply behind at. CBS is extremely pro-TV/cable, and anti-streaming it seems.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by washedup View Post

Good to see Paul Suellentrop is still alive.
                          Looks to me like Paul has been plenty busy since the start of the semester on August 20th.

The official The RoundHouse news stories archives for the Wichita State Shockers

Comment

• "College basketball schedule: The 21 top non-conference games in November and December" - CBS Sports

By Kyle Boone
                            Posted: 10/02/18, 11:00am cst

Mark your calendars for these early-season games that will get you ready for March Madness

"College basketball will get underway in earnest on Nov. 6. Though the day on the calendar is one of relative insignificance (save for 2018, which happens to be Election Day), some may confuse it with Independence Day because of the explosion of popularity the sport will see that Tuesday.

And what a way to start the season. By my count, there are three can't-miss college hoops non-conference games to watch that day when the season begins -- most notably Duke vs. Kentucky and Kansas vs. Michigan State, a blueblood bonanza that will steal center stage as part of the Champions Classic.

Let's take a look at some of the other notable games to watch in the early portion of the non-conference slate not only on opening day, but for the entire months of November and December....

Dec. 8: Oklahoma vs. Wichita State, Location: Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City
                            Trae Young's official breakout last season came against Wichita State on the road when he dropped 29 points and hit four of his 11 3-point attempts. Though Young is now with the Hawks and OU figures to be less reliant on one individual, this regional matchup should be a fantastic one in an NBA venue in Oklahoma City. Both teams are undergoing an identity makeover this season, but both could realistically be sleepers come March.

Dec. 8: Xavier vs. Cincinnati, Location: Fifth Third Arena in Cincinnati
                            Duke-UNC and Kentucky-Louisville are rivalries that resonate with any sports fan, and rightfully so. Xavier-Cincinnati is No. 1 on the list of heated rivalries that should -- but don't -- resonate in the same way. Each time these two teams square off, you can, at minimum, expect some very passive aggressive postgame comments from one of the two coaches. And at most, you can expect a full-blown brawl....

Dec. 15: Cincinnati vs. Mississippi State,Location: Humphrey Coliseum in Starkville, Mississippi
                            Gone are Gary Clark, Kyle Washington and Jacob Evans, but legendary coach Mick Cronin has plenty of pieces to work with to be a factor again next season. The Bearcats may not win 31 games again as they did last season, but they'll be a ... bear(cat) ... for Mississippi State to handle. Even in Starkville, this game figures to be a dogfight...."

Comment

Working...
                            X