X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using last Seasons RPI.
    5 Quad 1 and 2 games
    5 Quad 3 and 4 games

2 more potential quad 1 games in Charleston if the games fall right.

That seems about right to me. Conference should provide a good 6-8 Quad 1 and 2 games

Comment

• Originally posted by WalterSobchak View Post
      Having to settle for USM over Baylor (or ANY OTHER PROGRAM with some friggin' cache) at IBA is just atrocious. I would have rather lost to KSU by 15 (which wouldn't have happened) than try to get psyched up for this one. This type of BS is why we are not taken seriously in the college basketball world. Whatever the reasons are for us not getting marquee opponents need to be addressed. We haven't been able get anyone worth a $h!t on our schedule, EVER, unless they are within a 500 mile radius.
      I may be wrong but I don't think there is a below 200 RPI team on this schedule. No stinkers make a good schedule for a young team and can lead to a nice seed if we grow as a team and win some big neutral court games and games in the AAC.

The IBA tickets better go down significantly to get a crowd. That game may not even make it on television and this may be my first year to miss. The season tickets are expensive enough. I almost would rather go to the OU game in Oklahoma City or Tulsa (i'm not sure if we play them at Tulsa this year).

Comment

• Stickboy46
        Stickboy46 commented
        Editing a comment
        Rice was below 300 last year. There were i think 2 others right at the 200 rpi level also.

• de32274cc8c832e473aa447dad1a5faa.jpg
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I have to admit, when I saw Southern Miss for the IBA game I heard the sad trombone going "wah wah waahhhhhh." Nevertheless, I look forward to it and will be there having a blast.

I think it's a good non-con overall. I'm so glad we're getting Baylor in Koch. Oh yeah, we're still in a pretty bitchin conference with UCONN, Cincy, Memphis, etc. too.

Comment

• So. Miss=Yawn

Comment

• Nobody should be complaining about the schedule. It’s solid, especially given the experience, or lack thereof, returning. However, the IBA game is a worthy complaint. There’s absolutely no reason to be hosting buy games at that venue. That was an extreme disappointment. I’m with Cold on that point that they should’ve just took the year off from there if Southern Miss was the best opponent available.

But other than that, the schedule is just fine.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• In addition to our recent scheduling of Big 12 schools, perhaps in the very near future, we will be able to schedule an annual Home and Home series with one or more schools from the PAC 12, Big 10, SEC, and ACC, etc.

Comment

• One exhibition game. Wonder who the closed practice will be with. Will there be some kind of an extra charity fund-raiser type game this year?
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                  One exhibition game. Wonder who the closed practice will be with. Will there be some kind of an extra charity fund-raiser type game this year?
                  I hope not. That would mean there was another catastrophic natural disaster somewhere.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• I look it this way. It’s a trade off to get Baylor to The Chuck. Most teams like Baylor (Big 12-2 team, Power 5/6 etc) would not agree to a HnH, the return would have been at IBA. So the Shox have to face Southern Miss in IBA to get a true home game with Baylor! As a season ticket holder that’s how I look at it and has just a fan, that’s how I look at it. Moving the “biggest/baddest” OOC opponent to IBA kind of is cool but give me Baylor at Koch & Sourthern Miss at IBA any day over the revers just to “Showcase” our best OOC.
                    If you're not going to go all the way, why go?

Comment

• ShockTalk
                      ShockTalk commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Don't expect Baylor or any other team of quality to come to the Chuck in the future now that they have seen what we'll take at IBA. Let's hope our young squad will go 2-0 or 1-1 against Baylor and S. Miss. If we go 0-2, we'll be kicking ourselves for not having S. Miss on campus. And I don't want to hear any "well if the WSU fans had come out strong, we would have won that game" or "disappointed at the turnout". That is the chance they are apparently willing to take, so they should own it.

• C0|dB|00ded
                      C0|dB|00ded commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That's not how it works with the Shockers any more. We are not a "buy team" for BCS programs. We don't have a staredown with the likes of a Baylor and wait to see who blinks. We scheduled Southern Miss at IBA because our "normal" schedule was already filled with some very tough programs. Adding another monster at IBA would have been illogical and possibly hurtful for our NCAA chances. This is not an ideal situation but there are FAR worse things we could be crying about.

Shocker fans have been blessed with amazing luck and leadership over the last decade. We (the oldtimers) shouldn't ***** about anything for at least 20 years. The newbie bandwagoners will ***** constantly of course because it was our recent success that brought them into the fold. They have no idea what pain we've been through in the past.

Be grateful, and enjoy the ride...

T

...:cool:

• WstateU
                      WstateU commented
                      Editing a comment
                      https://memegenerator.net/img/instan...f-the-park.jpg

• Maybe the IBA tickets for decent locations won't go so fast that those of us without season tickets can actually get a decent seat. I've been in the upper level at IBA once. I believe I can remain with "once" for the rest of my life.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I think it is a good schedule especially with a team chock full of newcomers although that is not to say the schedule is without its challenges vs Providence, vs Purdue, at OU, Baylor and at VCU. The rest of the games hopefully will provide this young team with the opportunity to build depth, gain experience and perhaps gain some confidence.

It certainly doesn't bother me that we don't have any MEAC or SWAC teams on the schedule.

No doubt the IBA game was a fail though. But it is still a chance for many non-season tikcet holding fans a chance to see the Shockers in person.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 2, 2018, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• The IBA game needs to be kept as a "special" event, not just another game or scrap it for the year.

Over the last 4 years, S. Miss is 42-82 overall and 22-50 in conference. Last year, they were 16-18, but 7-11 in the 15th ranked conference and had an RPI of 207 so I'm not at all impressed with the 9-7 non-con either.

This is a "buy" game (or should be). If it is, I guess WSU has figured out how to help pay for it . Charge your season ticket holders extra to have to see it at IBA along with non-season ticket holders.

Settling to have games like this at IBA sets a bad precedence IMHO.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                          The IBA game needs to be kept as a "special" event, not just another game or scrap it for the year.

Over the last 4 years, S. Miss is 42-82 overall and 22-50 in conference. Last year, they were 16-18, but 7-11 in the 15th ranked conference and had an RPI of 207 so I'm not at all impressed with the 9-7 non-con either.

This is a "buy" game (or should be). If it is, I guess WSU has figured out how to help pay for it . Charge your season ticket holders extra to have to see it at IBA along with non-season ticket holders.

Settling to have games like this at IBA sets a bad precedence IMHO.
                          We have to host a game there every year, in order to be a let or host an NCAA tournament game.

Something about having to prove we are able to draw enough ticket sales to support hosting a pod.

Don’t ask me why previous sellouts or a successfully hosted regional in the past isn’t enough evidence, but those are the rules (as I have been told them).
                          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

We have to host a game there every year, in order to be a let or host an NCAA tournament game.

Something about having to prove we are able to draw enough ticket sales to support hosting a pod.

Don’t ask me why previous sellouts or a successfully hosted regional in the past isn’t enough evidence, but those are the rules (as I have been told them).
                            Another reason, not to have a game like this at IBA. Now, I'm more than willing to have egg on my face if this game draws very well.

Comment

Working...
                            X