No announcement yet.

2018-19 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you telling me we're in a league with Cincinnati, UConn, Memphis, SMU, Houston, Temple, Tulsa, Tulane, ECU, UCF & USF? I still can't believe it!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Singeril View Post
      The Shockers beat them bad in the first half....not in the 2nd. The guys let their foot off the gas and looked bad in the last 20 minutes. Coach was not pleased. Houston outplayed the Shocks in the last 20.
      Not surprised when a team lets off the gas up 70. That game was a borderline human rights violation.

P.S. Coach is never pleased. That's his M.O.

T

...:cool:

Comment

The AAC will NOT be involved in any G5 basketball scheduling LMFAO. This idea was born out of P5 angst or ankle-biter bitterness. The MVC has a challenge with the MWC for Pete's sake. The AAC's peer in basketball would be the Pac12 or SEC.

T

Comment

• Steeleshocker
          Steeleshocker commented
          Editing a comment
          And based on last year's numbers, the Big 10...

2018 Veterans Classic Schedule

Friday, Nov. 9

Providence vs. Wichita State, 6 p.m. ET (CBS Sports Network)

T

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
          C0|dB|00ded commented
          Editing a comment
          Can't lose to the Dunces.

I want TURGE!

T

• WstateU
          WstateU commented
          Editing a comment
          Isn't it just two games that evening? Don't think we get the chance to play "TURGE". I thought you used to call him "TURDGE"?

• C0|dB|00ded
          C0|dB|00ded commented
          Editing a comment
          I eased up on old Turge after an insider told me a story about how he contacted Wichita State from Texas A&M asking if he could return to the Shockers. That touched old CB's heart...

T

Per Rothstein we will host Rice next year (RPI 300+ ... ouch)

Comment

• WuShock16
          WuShock16 commented
          Editing a comment
          I suppose that a bad RPI is a bad RPI, but a game against Rice doesn't bother me as much as a SWAC or MEAC team would. It's at least a quasi-recognizable name against a school from a respectable conference.

In baseball right? LoL

Comment

Our first game in the Charleston classic is vs Davidson .. that's a decent draw for us.

Comment

• WuShock16
            WuShock16 commented
            Editing a comment
            2010 Maui Invitational. WSU had a chance to beat UConn and move on to play two great opponents. Instead, the Shockers lost and were stuck playing Chaminade and a mediocre Virginia team in Tony Bennett's first year. That missed opportunity played a factor in sending the Shockers to the NIT instead of the NCAA Tournament

If the Shockers want to extend the NCAA streak in 2019, they really need to beat Davidson in Charleston. Even two losses against Purdue and Bama/VaTech will look better than two wins against App St and BallSt/Northeastern...and getting a win or two from Purdue/Bama/VaTech would be even better.

Pretty much the bracket I expecting, and Im happy about it. Night games make it easier for me to watch as well. Only downside is our first game is on eSPN3.

Comment

Comment

I just want to know what the IBA game will be. I would have been fine with just a single game with KSU there next year.

Comment

78-65

Comment

Game against Oral Roberts is scheduled for:

WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 19TH

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Comment

I'm really surprised some of the Pac-12 teams don't look to bolster their schedule for game at Intrust. That league kinda is getting a bad rep and only putting a couple few teams in the tourney. You would think a Oregon, Arizona St, heck even UCLA would welcome a game against the Shockers for an additional resume builder.
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• BOBB
                      BOBB commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Similar games easily had closer to home against WCC and Mountain West squads.

• WuShock16
                      WuShock16 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You think Dana’s Ducks would welcome a game in Wichita against 3G? That’ll happen right after WuDrWu cheers for the Beakers.

• WstateU
                      WstateU commented
                      Editing a comment
                      and monkeys fly out my arse...

Originally posted by ccrunner101 View Post
                    I just want to know what the IBA game will be. I would have been fine with just a single game with KSU there next year.
                    It seemed rather interesting that while pretty much all off last years team was graduating or transferring 3G didn't seem to be panicking that badly, then came the news that we told KSU "NO" and all the sudden it was like ok now we are officially in panic mode.

Comment

• Aargh
                      Aargh commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Say what? Panic? You seem to be ignoring that KSU had told WSU NO for the last decade. Does that mean KSU was panicking?

After a decade of KSU refusing to play WSU, suddenly they want to play WSU the year after WSU graduates 6 Sr's and has an early departure who's a first-round NBA pick. I'm solidly of the opinion that KSU doesn't get to pick and choose when to play WSU, and they don't get to exercise that option only when it appears they will have an up year and WSU may have a down year. That's not panic. That's calling horseshit when that's obviously what you're seeing.

was asked today and i have no clue.. anyone know who the IBA game will be against this year?

Comment

• Stickboy46
                      Stickboy46 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It has not been announced yet.
                  Working...
                  X