No announcement yet.

2018-19 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"College Basketball Journal: PC’s Bullock, URI’s Terrell showcasing their talents" - Providence Journal

By Kevin McNamara, Journal Sports Writer
    Posted: 04/17/18 at 7:32 PM est

While freshman stars like DeAndre Ayton and Marvin Bagley maneuver for the top spots in June's NBA Draft, other collegians are hoping their professional dreams come into focus as well.   Last w…

"Schedule update:
    Here are a few developing schedule tidbits for the 2018-19 season: Comic Con has been moved back a week so the Friars will be able to open this season at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center. Cooley said the Friars will face Wichita State in the Veterans Classic, which is held in Annapolis, Maryland."

Comment

Providence, chance we get FOX or FS1?

Edit: Nevermind, it looks like CBSSN is the place.

Comment

So we’ve traveled to New York to play Seton Hall and now Maryland to play Providence. Would be nice if there were a Big East team a few hours away that we could play.

Comment

• FadedCrown
          FadedCrown commented
          Editing a comment
          DePaul?

• Cdizzle
          Cdizzle commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL

• WSUwatcher
          WSUwatcher commented
          Editing a comment
          DePaul would work pretty well for a Valley team in the new Illinois-centric MVC.

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
        So we’ve traveled to New York to play Seton Hall and now Maryland to play Providence. Would be nice if there were a Big East team a few hours away that we could play.
        Or a big 10 team
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Well. The schedule will be real solid again next year. I'm guessing we'll go after some cupcakes for the new team to learn against to flesh out the remainder.

Comment

We need a bakers dozen of cupcakes... Then bring in the meat n potatoes by the Conference schedule

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

Or a big 10 team
              I think Nebraska would be okay.

But, I guess, given our history, they would soon return to the bottom.... After playing us.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                "College Basketball Journal: PC’s Bullock, URI’s Terrell showcasing their talents" - Providence Journal

By Kevin McNamara, Journal Sports Writer
                Posted: 04/17/18 at 7:32 PM est

http://www.providencejournal.com/spo...-their-talents

"Schedule update:
                Here are a few developing schedule tidbits for the 2018-19 season: Comic Con has been moved back a week so the Friars will be able to open this season at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center. Cooley said the Friars will face Wichita State in the Veterans Classic, which is held in Annapolis, Maryland."
                "Navy and Maryland will play in the nightcap of the 2018 Veterans Classic doubleheader. The other two participating teams for next year’s event will be announced at a later date."

http://www.umterps.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=211674550
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

You're welcome.

Comment

• FadedCrown
                    FadedCrown commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What am I thanking you for?

NM
                  Last edited by WuShock16; April 24, 2018, 10:10 AM.
                  78-65

Comment

• FadedCrown
                    FadedCrown commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hmm, maybe we have the team together by then and we can win both of these games.

Any word on the IBA game (or games)?
                  [I]The ceiling is the roof[/I] - MJ

Comment

This article appears to have been edited. It appears that the Intrust game will be December 15 against a to-be-determined opponent and that Baylor will be another time. I thought I had seen last year that the Baylor game at Koch was going to be December 1.

I guess we will find out in due time.
                    78-65

Comment

I think it is settled now...

December 1: Baylor at CKA
                      December 8: Oklahoma at OKC
                      December 15: TBD at Intrust

By the way, how does one make embedded Twitter pictures as opposed to making links like I do?
                      Last edited by WuShock16; April 24, 2018, 10:16 AM.
                      78-65

Comment

• Walker
                        Walker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I believe if you use
                        [ TWEET ] [ /TWEET ]

Just put the link in between the brackets and that should do the trick.

Just don’t put spaces inside the brackets like I did, I only did that so it would be visible.

If we have a date, we have an opponent. They're just not saying who it is. Interesting.
                      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                        If we have a date, we have an opponent. They're just not saying who it is. Interesting.
                        While entirely possible, that's not necessarily true. Lots of teams say "we have a home date available on such-and-such" while searching for teams to fill out their schedule.

Comment

• WuShock16
                          WuShock16 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Very true...especially since Intrust is not WSU's building. It might have been negotiated with Intrust to have that date...and now the people at WSU are looking to fill the spot.

FWIW, this would be the third straight season that WSU will play at Intrust on the third Saturday of December, so maybe that's an agreement that has been established with the Intrust people. That said, we have lost the previous two, so if WSU loses this one, Darron and Gregg might want to look for a different date.

• Rocky Mountain Shock
                          Rocky Mountain Shock commented
                          Editing a comment
                          You're probably right, but I would think it would be infinitely more difficult to find an IBA quality opponent without the ability to negotiate a date. But perhaps our ability to schedule such programs has improved drastically, and I'm still stuck in the we're-in-the-MVC mindset where we had to beg and plead to get anyone to play us.
                      Working...
                      X