Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Cle projected 1st round too.
    We'll see. For selfish reasons, I hope Landry comes back. Keep in mind, the longer you stay in college, usually the lower your draft stock. One big reason Fred and Ron weren't drafted is that they were 22-23 year old Seniors. The NBA drafts potential and loves younger players. One game isn't going to hurt or help him that much if they already like him.
    Another thing to consider.He's already had two foot surgeries. Single parent. If he's got a chance to go in the 1st round, I can't see him passing it up. Your talking millions on your rookie contract. And first round money is guaranteed.

Comment

• Rlh04d
      Rlh04d commented
      Editing a comment
      If Fred or Ron were going to be drafted in the first round, they would have left school early. Neither was ever a sure first round pick, at any point. Saying they weren't drafted in the first was because they were too old ignores that they weren't going to be drafted when they were younger.

If Shamet is a surefire first round pick, I would absolutely encourage him to leave early. If he's not, stay and see what else you can develop. Both Fred and Ron proved the value of that.

Originally posted by Zubcut View Post
    We'll see. For selfish reasons, I hope Landry comes back. Keep in mind, the longer you stay in college, usually the lower your draft stock. One big reason Fred and Ron weren't drafted is that they were 22-23 year old Seniors. The NBA drafts potential and loves younger players. One game isn't going to hurt or help him that much if they already like him.
    Another thing to consider.He's already had two foot surgeries. Single parent. If he's got a chance to go in the 1st round, I can't see him passing it up. Your talking millions on your rookie contract. And first round money is guaranteed.
    Ron may have been a first rounder had he come out. Fred would not have. He was slow and small. Lol. There really is no advantage to being a second round choice. No guaranteed money. Landry decision is to gamble on whether he will be a bottom first rounder. I will admit that I don't know whether Landry can get stronger and improve things scouts look for because he isn't a perfect player by any means.

Comment

I could not believe this stat ,,, 60% of all NBA players file for bankruptcy within 5 years of retirement. Football it's a staggering 78%. Get your degree.

78% of NFL players, 60% of NBA players and a large % of MLB players go bankrupt within 5 years of retirement. Let's take a look at 5 possible reasons why.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
        WSUwatcher commented
        Editing a comment
        Perhaps a statistic that could influence Landry Shamet if he's thinking about gambling on a jump before graduating...

• Rlh04d
        Rlh04d commented
        Editing a comment
        That's an amazing stat.

I also wonder what % of professional players last in the league longer than an initial contract.

• Steeleshocker
        Steeleshocker commented
        Editing a comment
        Landry would graduate next year potentially as a redshirt junior.

Originally posted by Root Angry View Post

We need to make you a mod for like a week.

Can we ban Shox the Revenant? All these jabs about losing ALo, etc is maddening. He ain't right, and what's with all these projections of pure bs?
      Slow down, Root: Fever a mod? Would that mean he'd have to come off my Ignore list?

One of the nice things for me about SN is knowing that I've missed untold thousands -- what is he up to by now, six figures? -- of Fever's shrill, angry, vulgar posts. As for Revenant / KC / whoever he is these days, I agree that his uninformed yet confident gloom about Lomax is tiresome and annoying (and definitely has a KC Shox tone to it). But I don't know that he's any worse than numerous other posters dithering about what Lomax is going to do and how WSU is doomed to return to the dreariness of the 90s without him. We have a lot of Nervous Nellies on here who have no actual knowledge of what's going on in Lomax's head but are nevertheless ready to speculate themselves into a tizzy about him. So why pick on Revenant?

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post

Slow down, Root: Fever a mod? Would that mean he'd have to come off my Ignore list?

One of the nice things for me about SN is knowing that I've missed untold thousands -- what is he up to by now, six figures? -- of Fever's shrill, angry, vulgar posts. As for Revenant / KC / whoever he is these days, I agree that his uninformed yet confident gloom about Lomax is tiresome and annoying (and definitely has a KC Shox tone to it). But I don't know that he's any worse than numerous other posters dithering about what Lomax is going to do and how WSU is doomed to return to the dreariness of the 90s without him. We have a lot of Nervous Nellies on here who have no actual knowledge of what's going on in Lomax's head but are nevertheless ready to speculate themselves into a tizzy about him. So why pick on Revenant?
        Still living rent free inside your head I see, even when you have me on “ignore”.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I'm done hating basketball and being sore over the humble pie we've been served the past couple of days. Happy and thankful for everything our seniors gave and all the great moments they provided.

It's going to be an interesting offseason. I'm so excited to see what this next class will bring to the table along with Rod Brown. It seems like Lomax is a natural born winner like Mr. Van Vleet. We're going to have a great set of guards with Shamet, Reaves, Lomax and Stevenson.

It's going to be nice for McDuffie to hit the reset button and have a chance for a great senior season. It's a bit scary with all the big man experience we're losing but I've got hope that the great Dane and incoming freshman will learn and be great with time.

Great coaches have seasons like this. 3G is such an awesome competitor, you just know he's chomping at the bits to analyze this past season and get back to work. We may take a step back because of all the seniors we're losing, but you just know our defense will not go back to being the way it was this season.

Still a great day to be a Shocker.

Comment

Did anyone see Haarms today for Purdue? He was pretty inconsequential for Sunrise Christian Academy last year. Today in his first start after 7'2 Haas broke his elbow, he scored 7 points and 6 rebounds in the NCAA tourney against Butler. That leaves hope for our big men to be able to compete next year.

Comment

• FadedCrown
              FadedCrown commented
              Editing a comment
              I saw him flipping his hair after every play

• WheatShock
              WheatShock commented
              Editing a comment
              Must be a fan of Drew Butera.

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post

Jesus I hope not

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Jesus I hope not
              You definitely would be one of the first sent packing.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

One would think that Lomax to Memphis is a done deal according to the boards over there. Geez. Also quite a bit of heated discussion on the AAC forums.

MemphisTigers.org: The #1 Board for Memphis Tigers sports on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Man Wu View Post
                  One would think that Lomax to Memphis is a done deal according to the boards over there. Geez. Also quite a bit of heated discussion on the AAC forums.

MemphisTigers.org: The #1 Board for Memphis Tigers sports on the internet.

If you recall, it was only two years ago these same lunatics had confirmed Marshall to Memphis and it was all but a done deal. I wish they would've stayed with Tubby. These losers are insufferable. Forgot how annoying that fanbase is when they think they got "it".

We'll see how great this coach Penny is. Great things are happening at St. John's and Georgetown with similar situations. rofl
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

If you recall, it was only two years ago these same lunatics had confirmed Marshall to Memphis and it was all but a done deal. I wish they would've stayed with Tubby. These losers are insufferable. Forgot how annoying that fanbase is when they think they got "it".

We'll see how great this coach Penny is. Great things are happening at St. John's and Georgetown with similar situations. rofl
                    I refer to the Memphis fanbase as "Kentucky Light". Lot of similarities between the two.

They are convinced that Lomax will decommit and play for memphis and they are busy trying to rub that "fact" in the face of every Shocker fan they can find. Naturally they are full of **** and we shouldn't believe a word of it unless some sort of actual evidence comes out.

For the record I believe Lomax will be here in June with the rest of the freshmen to start summer school and workouts.
                    Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Removing experience, where are we not upgrading with our new recruits? The 5? Probably.

This team was starting to get stale, looking forward to seeing some new blood and as always, I'm optimistic.

I would like to see coach happy. I dont recall seeing much of that this year. A lot of stress and anger or resentment.
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Probably not as many "migraines" to deal with next year.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Marshall having a "significant other" or two on the coaching staff might be beneficial, not just for X's and O's but for his and the team's mental health. Having lost two long time assistants, get the feeling that he either needs to find one, or one of the current staff needs to fill that role going forward. Just guessing that he was more isolated in terms of coaching this year than in previous years and that it was problematic..

Comment

Working...
                          X