Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What letter grade do you give the 2017-18 team this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What letter grade do you give the 2017-18 team this year?

What letter grade would you give the 2017-18 team this year?
    A
    1.09%
    B
    26.09%
    C
    52.17%
    D
    18.48%
    F
    2.17%

The poll is expired.

I gave them a B

Comment

B overall. Gut reaction was a C.

Comment

C

This was the first time since 2007 where I feel disappointed by the body of work. We should have been better, in many ways significantly. Certainly first world problems when you still land a 4 seed and make the Dance, but still.

Next year is going to be an adventure but I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

D simply because the things that killed us all year was poor BB IQ and turnovers. Knew we might live by the three coming into the year, so wouldn't be shocked if we were knocked out due to a cold game.

But, player rotations, constant over helping on D, lazier than lazy turnovers, incredibly soft turnovers, refusing to put Shaq on the block every gawd damn trip down the court. It was frustrating and we got away with it some, but it killed us in the end.

D.
          Last edited by ArtVandalay; March 16, 2018, 03:19 PM. Reason: Forgot my point: too many seniors and returning players to make the stupid mistakes we made.

Comment

Probably not the best time to ask this question. Let’s revisit in a week once emotions have cooled.

Comment

Made the tournament so that gets you at least a B-, winning after that increases your grade.

Comment

If you take the year in a vaccuum, probably a B, maybe B+.

Relative to expectations, C at best. Maybe a D. We regressed across the board and met no goal except the one that should be automatic at this point (made the tourney).
                Originally posted by BleacherReport
                Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

C.

Don't get your ass whooped when the report card comes home, but Dad is not taking you out for ice cream either.
                  Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

C. I think this should be considered what we hope to be just an average year. Could have been better, but can always be worse

And this is given we had so many seniors.

If we have this exact result next year (don't think we will) but that season would then be an A
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I am willing to be the sole F. This team achieved little to none of its goals. They didn't win in Maui. They didn't win the AAC. They didn't win the conference tournament. They didn't win a game in the NCAA.

On the whole, the RPI and general accomplishments were fine but I grade on a curve based on expectations. A similar season next year, getting a good RPI, competing for an AAC title, and going to the NCAA tournament would get a B.

This team started the year with national title expectations. They ended, well, losing to Marshall. Because of that difference, I will not hold back on my criticism. It could be worse of course, but both a 59 and a 19 are failing grades. I'd we had one even one game in the tournament I'd consider giving a C- to D+.

Comment

You can sum up this year very succinctly: We played down to our opponent. Every. Damn. Game.

I mean we somehow smacked UH on their visit, and some non-con trash, but otherwise the other 25-ish games were a replay of what we just watched. Lots of chewing nails, no matter the quality of opponent. Some wins with lots of relief, some loses that you just can’t understand on this squad from their 2016-2017 level of performance.

Comment

C.

Dan Muller received a Q.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Bland season.
                            Not a lot in which to get excited, but I did expect more considering the amount of returning players. Expectations too high?

Asst Coaching changes hurt. I recall a tweet last summer from one of the players indicating something along the lines of , “ if you only knew what was going on.”
                            The players seemed close but had little fight—- almost lethargic at times.

25 wins, 2nd place in conference and a disappointing post-season. Expected more I guess which is a good thing.

Comment

We won against a bunch of average teams and had one good win at Cincy. Other than that we were over rated by the media and did just enough to stay relevant. When the seedings came out, we should have been a 6 in all honesty. Fizzled at them end which was fitting for this group.

Comment

Working...
                              X