No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Marshall Game Thread - First Round NCAA 2018 Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3G seemed more interested in seeing his assistant coaches in San Diego than he did preparing for the slop and flop style of Marshall.

Comment

• Kind of caps off a frustrating season. Too many games like this one. Still a "good" season. But definitely a frustrating one
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
        Hot shooting guards gave been our Kryptonite this year. Absolutely no answers.
        That didn't lose this game. It was the unbelievably bad turnovers and the lack of anyone hitting a shot outside of CF. That's where the game was lost. Marshall wasn't impressive in the least, except for the simple fact that they knew how to put a game away.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
          I don't know what happened to this team between last year and this one, but it has to be fixed immediately. We completely abandoned our identity.

Good bye to the seniors who let it happen. Hopefully the coaches can reestablish our identity.
          Changes in assistants. It's the only thing that makes sense.

Comment

• SHOCKvalue
            SHOCKvalue commented
            Editing a comment
            Wish I could like this more than once.

• 1979Shocker
            1979Shocker commented
            Editing a comment
            Also, tougher competition. MVC teams can make your defense look great.

• I learned a new offense today. Just barrel into the lane and wait for a whistle. Wish out guys could do that

Comment

• Everyone expect Conner and Kelly can hang their heads today. Sad a team full of Seniors can play so poorly.

Great careers for all of them, but they sure didn’t end it the way they wanted.
            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
              Nobody go to Huntington, West Virginia anytime soon because there are going to be A LOT of t-shirts with this score on it.
              Another KU tie in? What a POS. GFY ****tard.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Fire Donnie Jones and Kyle Lindsted ASAP. I don’t care how good the recruits are if we’re gonna have to watch this crap for another season.

Comment

• GOOD GAME Marshall. We did a lot to beat ourselves, but their style of offense and we simply had no answer on Elmore was the deciding factor. They made life difficult for us and we CHOKED, you could literally see their body language giving up toward the last 7 minutes of the game.

Comment

I don't know what happened to this team between last year and this one, but it has to be fixed immediately. We completely abandoned our identity.

Good bye to the seniors who let it happen. Hopefully the coaches can reestablish our identity.
                    Hopefully we say goodbye to some dead wood sitting in their suits on the bench. Weakest assistant corp Marshall has EVER had in his HC career.

Comment

The great mystery of the year. Maybe Chris Jan's took our #PLAYANGRY to New Mexico State.
                      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                        Fire Donnie Jones and Kyle Lindsted ASAP. I don’t care how good the recruits are if we’re gonna have to watch this crap for another season.
                        That's exactly where our differences start from last year. EXACT same players. Two missing assistants.

This display was the most embarrassing effort I've ever seen.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• 42% & 28% from 3. We just can't beat anyone shooting like that, the way we play D. Hats of to Marshall for making all the plays we didn't.

Comment

• Rlh04d
                            Rlh04d commented
                            Editing a comment
                            The way we play D is exactly it. We shot 38% and 10% against Pitt in 2013 -- and won by 18.

This coaching staff ruined our defensive identity and caused us to become an offensive team that can't win against a decent team if the shots don't fall. Those teams don't go far in March.

• Elmore another in a long list of opposing guards better than Landry Shamet

Comment

• Congratulations Marshall. Best of luck the rest of the way.

Comment

Working...
                            X