No announcement yet.

2018 General NCAA Tournament Games Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, has the Valley sent 2 teams to the final 4 since the last Big 12 team?
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• kellykemnitz
      kellykemnitz commented
      Editing a comment
      No. Oklahoma was in the Final Four in 2016.

• ShockerPrez
      ShockerPrez commented
      Editing a comment
      Thats right.

• Cannot be stated enough that if Wichita State were still in the MVC, Loyola doesn't make the NCAA tournament.

Comment

• JJClamdip
      JJClamdip commented
      Editing a comment
      That's easy to say but their guards would have eaten the Shockers up.

• Aargh
      Aargh commented
      Editing a comment
      I think if WSU was still in the Valley, we'd be cheering for our home games in the NIT. We have nothing to stop Loyola's guards shooting layups.

• Congratulations to Loyola.
    Congratulations to the guy Illinois State and Sheahan Zenger fired.
    Goodbye to any cred Bruce Webber might have been getting.
    How bad must Creighton and Kentucky feel.
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Loyola had more Kansans than KState?
      For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
      - said no one ever...

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
        Cannot be stated enough that if Wichita State were still in the MVC, Loyola doesn't make the NCAA tournament.
        (Not trying to respond to everything you post, BTW.)

Considering WSU’s historical (under)performance in STL, it’s absolutely possible that this could have happened even if the AAC move never materialized. Seven NCAA appearances for WSU this century; only two of those did we take the Arch Madness auto-bid.

Comment

• Congrats to Loyola
          2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams)
          2012 NFFC Online National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams)
          2014 DFWC National Champion $9,250 (288 teams)
          2015 RTS Fantasy Championship 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)

2015 NCAA Bracketology (351 pts more than all 136 at the bracket matrix)

Kentucky Wildcats National Champions 2012 1998 1996 1978 1958 1951 1949 1948
          The Ohio State Buckeyes National Champions 2014 2002 1970 1968 1961 1957 1954 1942

Comment

• Anyone that talks crap about Loyola making the Final 4 is no better than the people that said the same thing about WSU. Its a huge accomplishment and should not be slighted. I’m thrilled for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by HenryMuto View Post
              Congrats to Loyola
              K-State’s not one of your teams, Henry?

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

(Not trying to respond to everything you post, BTW.)

Considering WSU’s historical (under)performance in STL, it’s absolutely possible that this could have happened even if the AAC move never materialized. Seven NCAA appearances for WSU this century; only two of those did we take the Arch Madness auto-bid.
                Don't disagree, the statement is just more powerful than if I said "one of WSU or Loyola doesn't make the tournament." I just decided to use KenPom as the most likely outcome. Porter's record vs Gregg could be used as well.

Comment

• Year of the DOG !!!!
                  For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                  - said no one ever...

Comment

• Congrats to Loyola. Great game and happy for them. They have the resources and ability with their location to remain a force for years to come. I would love to see a home/home starting next year at Intrust and then the following year at the United Center. They have earned it and I hope Coach reaches out and offers them the opportunity to step into the arena together and play with the last 2 MVC teams to make the Final 4

Comment

• I could care less about he said, she said about any MVC team saying shat about our Shockers, this is a great story regarding Loyola...I'm on board...Go Ramblrrs.

Comment

• A fun fact for KSU fans to ponder. How big of a contract (how long and how much) will Weber receive next year? Also, how many KSU fans will support them?

Comment

• Why is the Rambler's mascot a wolf?

Comment

• Originally posted by COS Shocker View Post
                            Congrats to Loyola. Great game and happy for them. They have the resources and ability with their location to remain a force for years to come. I would love to see a home/home starting next year at Intrust and then the following year at the United Center. They have earned it and I hope Coach reaches out and offers them the opportunity to step into the arena together and play with the last 2 MVC teams to make the Final 4
                            they don’t event get the best players in Chicago. They play in a middle school gym, and they don’t even have a radio team. Anyone that thinks they are the next Gonzaga is crazy. They are George Mason 2.0

Why walk somebody in baseball when you can hit them?

Comment

Working...
                            X