2018 General NCAA Tournament Games Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
    I have no reason, with the schools still in the hunt, not to pull for a MVC school which I do not recall having any gripes with.

Seem to recall the Shockers being Underdogs for decades, so I always pull for a deserving UnderDog.

Go, Loyola!
    You obviously haven’t been paying attention to buttsore Dan Muller’s tweets.

Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• ShockdaWorld
      ShockdaWorld commented
      Editing a comment
      Muller doesn’t make me hate Loyola as bad as KU makes me hate K State.

• ShockingButTrue
      ShockingButTrue commented
      Editing a comment
      AMEN Brother! And it ain't even close... It's the "b12" fans who've been doing the most belittling (excluding some -ahem- locals of course) over the last 10-15 years towards the Valley.

But for some reason they always forget to mention the all-important metric of head-to-head, best in the Valley vs. best in the b12, in the tournament. Ramblers all the way.

Also remember that the rest of the Valley dislikes Muller as much, if not more, than us.
      Last edited by ShockingButTrue; March 24, 2018, 04:30 PM.

• 60Shock
      60Shock commented
      Editing a comment
      SF, perhaps you can explain a little more as to what actually is your gripe with my comment?

Is Dan Muller Loyola's coach?  Last time I looked, which was one minute ago, he was not.   

Has Loyola's present coach recently badmouthed WSU, our coach, or any of our Asst. Coaches?   

Fully realizing that some on this board apparently lie in wait to misconstrue or twist comments way out of context, I purposefully added "I always pull for a "deserving UnderDog."

I, like you, and most likely a very high percent of shockerneters, would never consider any team coached by Dan Muller as "deserving" of anything positive.

And you are absolutely right, life is way too short, so I purposefully make it a practice to go one hell of a long way, out of my way in order not to pay any attention to moronic idiots like Dan Muller.

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

You obviously haven’t been paying attention to buttsore Dan Muller’s tweets.
    This is about the only reason for me to root against Loyola. I don’t have a problem with Moser though. As far as Muller is concerned... if his happy ass wants some he can come and get it. I’m sure HCGM would be happy to kick Muller and his oversized suit all the way back to Normal.
    Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

• Muller might want to think about this for a moment. Porter Moser, fired by Muller's current employer, is in the hunt for a F4 with a program that was deeper in the crapper than IlSU when Muller got there. The coach at IlSU between Porter and Muller was Jankovich, who ic putting guys in the NBA and has a much better gig at SMU.

Muller hasn't accomplished what the guy who got fired for lack of production is accomplishing and is not among the top 2 of the last 3 coaches ILSU has had.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Come on Wildcats......
        The Assman

Comment

• It never ceases to amaze me that the only person in the general vicinity who gives the Valley any love is the high honorable Self. And he probably means it (by now). Yet his fans have a blind spot to that for some odd reason, however one wants to define it.

Comment

• The way this is going Loyola is going to the final four (overcoming the MVC status);-)

Comment

• Bob LutzVerified account@boblutz 8h8 hours ago

On March 14, 1964, I was at the Roundhouse when Kansas State beat Wichita State, 94-86, to advance to the Final Four -- the last time KSU was in the Final Four.
              Dave Stallworth, my idol as a kid, had 37 points and 16 rebounds in that game against the Wildcats. He was, as usual, incredible. Kelly Pete added 17 points for the Shockers and Nate Bowman had 12 points and eight rebounds

Willie Murrell, who I don't think gets enough love for being one of the two or three greatest Kansas State players ever, scored 28 points that night against Wichita State.

Even though WSU went to the Final Four the following season, the Shockers did so without Stallworth and Bowman and didn't really stand a chance. That 1963-64 team stood a chance, I believe.

Comment

• I'm impressed with freshman Krutwig from Loyola. Hope our freshman bigs next year can catch and make moves inside like that.
                I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• wusphlash
                  wusphlash commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Not to be mean but he looks like a big doofus. That's deceptive because he knows how to use that body very effectively.

• Did Dean Wade cut his foot off?!?!?!?!
                The Assman

Comment

• Hogwarts magic in play.

Lot to be said for guys who can finish at the rim.
                  Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Minus KSU's Wade, Loyola the better team.

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
                      Minus KSU's Wade, Loyola the better team.
                      Maybe even with. Unless Wade would've make 'em that much quicker.

k-state could only muster 24 in the first half against a Valley team? I wonder if there is any correlation between WSU's exodus from the Valley to their suddenly new-found offensive efficiency. Nah, couldn't be...

Comment

• Ballgame.

Hope Wade’s new foot is better than his old one.
                        The Assman

Comment

• Porter Moser looks more and more like Wushock with each passing year.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Go Loyola, I will throw up if KSU makes the F4 having beat an, 8, 16, 5 and 11 seed. Plus, I don't particularly care for their decision to not agree to schedule us.

Comment

Working...
                            X