No announcement yet.

#ShockersAztecsAlliance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's best for our program is our program winning the natty. Everybody else, and I mean everybody, can suck it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Why is this concept so hard to understand?

Rob wants us to shhhhh so we’re going to oblige. Sounds like I’m helping the ol’ conference kid out.
      Some of you Shocker fans need to shhhhhh! You are being punked by an Aztec fan.

We are now in a decent conference conference with good teams to root for in the tournament. Good teams have a little attitude, get over it.
      At least Rob Gray didn't back down the court holding imaginary balls at his knees and you don't think we have some players that have talked to and stared down opposing fans this year?

The prestige of our conference and the money our athletic department will receive trump any hurt feeling some of you tender hearted fans might have.

Go Houston!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Topshock View Post

Some of you Shocker fans need to shhhhhh! You are being punked by an Aztec fan.

We are now in a decent conference conference with good teams to root for in the tournament. Good teams have a little attitude, get over it.
        At least Rob Gray didn't back down the court holding imaginary balls at his knees and you don't think we have some players that have talked to and stared down opposing fans this year?

The prestige of our conference and the money our athletic department will receive trump any hurt feeling some of you tender hearted fans might have.

Go Houston!!!
        1. Illinois State deserves all the ball dropping it can get.
        2. Please cite specific examples any WSU player “stared down” opposing fans this year.

Rob wants us to shhh. Why can’t we do what he wants? Who the hell cares?
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• 12eagle
          12eagle commented
          Editing a comment
          The big balls was against Tulsa

• ShockerFever
          ShockerFever commented
          Editing a comment
          Tulsa? Even better!

I don’t remember seeing CF do this. But if he does, does he go out of the way at the ends of games, covering as much arena floor as possible, taking at least 15 seconds to get it all out when doing it?

Maybe a simple shh wouldn’t have been so bothersome. But the energy used when doing it here with Robby was quite strong.

• Heinro
          Heinro commented
          Editing a comment
          I actually wish our guys had more of that attitude. It helped make Fred and Mal special.

Btw, this thing is getting played out on Sports Daily right now. Simulcasting with the San Diego sports station, talking about this.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

How do you think rivalries are made shocker nation. Do you really think some Houston fans will be cheering for us. That would be a no. We have to have a team to hate on. Just like the red birds. Its a sport my peeps. For this season it will be Houston for me. Maybe next season will be another. So i will not be cheering for Houston or Cincy. I will be cheering for the Shockers baby all the way. I could careless about the other teams. Even if they are in our conference. Heck i didn't watch any games other than the Shockers.

Comment

Each game one of our conference foes plays will net somewhere around 136,000 dollars for Wichita state. A sweet 16 run by Houston would bring in over 400,000 dollars. Thats alot of money to root against especially after leaving all our units behind in the MVC. This doesn't even factor in conference perception and prestige which can help with better TV contracts, better seeds in future tournaments, and more NCAA tourney bids. For years we complained about how no one else in the valley was bringing in any NCAA revenue then first year our new league you all want conference teams to lose immediately.

Comment

• Heinro
              Heinro commented
              Editing a comment
              +1

Originally posted by 12eagle View Post
            Each game one of our conference foes plays will net somewhere around 136,000 dollars for Wichita state. A sweet 16 run by Houston would bring in over 400,000 dollars. Thats alot of money to root against especially after leaving all our units behind in the MVC. This doesn't even factor in conference perception and prestige which can help with better TV contracts, better seeds in future tournaments, and more NCAA tourney bids. For years we complained about how no one else in the valley was bringing in any NCAA revenue then first year our new league you all want conference teams to lose immediately.
            I don’t. Rob does.

Act like a real winner and not a dick and this is all moot.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Topshock
              Topshock commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree with you. He was a dick. Big picture, he is just one player and it is good for us if Houston does well in post season.

Big picture, WSU wins us more money by WSU winning. If SDSU fans are gonna throw our boys some extra bones on Friday and hopefully Sunday, then you don’t have to twist my arm very far to complete the offer and root for them. Rob Gray telling us to be quiet only cements the deal.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

If the American divides tournament revenue evenly and i think they do. Wichita State pays at least 168,000 in staff bonuses for a sweet 16 birth which leaves around 232,000 dollars of profit for the athletic department. So we are actually making more money from other teams making runs because we don't have to pay bonuses. Having said that this does not factor in benefits such as national recognition, increase enrollment, recruiting bump So of course i want WSU to go far but Houston winning is nothing but positive for Wichita State and our conference.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                Big picture, WSU wins us more money by WSU winning. If SDSU fans are gonna throw our boys some extra bones on Friday and hopefully Sunday, then you don’t have to twist my arm very far to complete the offer and root for them. Rob Gray telling us to be quiet only cements the deal.
                Agreed. The more folks in seats cheering for you, the more energy you get. Us winning tops Houston winning, regardless of how one feels about Houston players.

Comment

• 12eagle
                  12eagle commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's not an either/or thing. We can root for both.

• ShockerFever
                  ShockerFever commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Actually you can’t in this scenario.

And I won’t.

Can we ask Gregg his opinion on this?

• 12eagle
                  12eagle commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I would be willing to bet that Gregg would take the money from Houston winning vs a few extra fans at our game.

I don't ever recall rooting for creighton even though they were in our conference...

Comment

Like it because SDSU is part of my teams to pull for squad.

Comment

Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                    I don't ever recall rooting for creighton even though they were in our conference...
                    A truer thing was never stated. Excellent.

Do people think Duke fans root for UNC? Or KU fans root for KState?

Yah, didn’t think so.

And don’t say that they don’t need the money.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• FadedCrown
                      FadedCrown commented
                      Editing a comment
                      They don't need the... oh nvm

Houston losing = Less money = The new Freddy's Frozen Custard and Steakburgers timeout challenge where we watch people down a frozen custard as fast as they can, get over the brain freeze, and then go make a layup. Woot!

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                      WSUwatcher commented
                      Editing a comment
                      By the way, bunck recently took a job as Rob Gray's "advisor" (can't have an agent yet, just like he can't commit a foul). Plus, he loves Freddy's frozen custard (as do I).

Hi pesik

Comment

Working...
                    X