No announcement yet.

2017-18 Games of Interest "NIT Tournament"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember getting into the NIT against Iowa St, and was as excited as ****.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Shocktoberfest
      Shocktoberfest commented
      Editing a comment
      Went to that game. Burns was the man. Was so much fun. It’s all perspective.

What a choke job by Temple. That was ridiculous. That was one pathetic display of crunch time basketball by the Owls.
    Last edited by Zubcut; March 14, 2018, 09:27 PM.

Comment

TEMPLE

“Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Done
        Temple - #5-seed flamed out against #4 Penn State
        FGCU - #7-seed lost in the first game to #2 Oklahoma State
        Notre Dame - #1-seed lost in the second round to Penn State. Bonzie Colson seeemed to be hobbled with foot issues and Matt Farrell did not play well.
        Baylor - #1-seed lost in the 2nd round on buzzer beater to #4 Mississippi State

Still Alive
        Marquette - #2-seed on to the third round against #4 Penn State
        Oklahoma State - #2-seed in 2nd round against #3 Stanford (playing tonight)

Comment

The PAC-12's painful 2018 post-season continues in the NIT.

1 seed USC had to go 2 overtimes at home to edge UNC-Asheville in Round 1 and then lost at home to 4 seed Western Kentucky in Round 2.

3 seed Oregon after beating 6 seed Rider 99-86 at home lost at 2 seed Marquette 101-92 in Round 2.

3 seed Stanford edged 6 seed BYU by 86-83 at home then lost at 2 seed Oklahoma State 71-65 in Round 2.

5 seed Washingtron edged 4 seed Boise State 77-74 at home then lost at 1 seed St. Mary's 85-81 in Round 2.

I think the only PAC 12 team still playing is 2 seed Utah who beat UC Davis and LSU at home to reach the 3rd round where they will play at 1 seed St. Mary's on Wednesday.

Comment

• RoyalShock
            RoyalShock commented
            Editing a comment
            PAthetiC-12

• ShockTalk
            ShockTalk commented
            Editing a comment
            So how well has the American done and how many made the NCAA/NIT? The Pac-12 lacked "top teams". After the AAC top 3, the American pretty much lack everything else. Both conferences had their problems.

Looks like being a 4 seed was he sweet spot for the NIT this year. 3 of the teams heading to New York are 4 seeds. Penn State, Mississippi State and Western Kentucky will join 2 seed Utah at Madison Square Garden.

Penn State will take on Mississippi State while Western Kentucky and Utah square off in the other semi-final.

Doesn't make a big difference to me who wins this but I guess I'm pulling for the Non-P5 guy to win this.

Comment

• AndShock
            AndShock commented
            Editing a comment
            WKU coach was fired from Mississippi State 6 years ago for a fun story line.

This poor kid ...

Notre Dame's Bonzie Colson breaks left foot for second time this season - CBS Sports https://apple.news/AhfBV0CjgRSeQ9s02CaYxug

Comment

Working...
          X