WSU Versus Houston Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus Houston Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. The Cougars won their game easy peasy tonight and looked sharp in doing so. Final score 84-56 over UCF. Yikes!!! Here in Wichita, Coach Marshall called off our key players or we might have defeated them 30 plus. Then our beloved Shocks went to their barn and our execution was way off and got beat. So who's betta? The Shocks or the Cougars? Tomorrow afternoon we will find that out. Pin will remind us about our game day britches and the Shocks will win and prevail in this game by 7 led by who else, Shaq and LS. What a fun game this should turn out to be. Sure glad the Shocks moved to the AAC and winning this tourney would be very kewl. The Shocks from here need to play their best basketball all the rest of the way to to the end to meet the goals they are hoping to achieve. Stay tuned.

Shockers 86

Cougars 79
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Looking forward to this one. Them and OU were the only ones to bend us over this season. As long as it’s a close game I’ll feel better than I did 2 months ago. W/L doesn’t really matter to me.

Comment

Number of players WSU has who can stop Rob Gray..............................................

That might be a bit obvious, how about this

Number of players who can slow down Rob Gray.............................................. ........

The answers to these (and other) questions will be answered tomorrow.

It's become pretty clear why quick perimeter players who can drive and shoot from distance have big games against the Shox.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Here's the deal; in all of Houston's 6 losses this year, their opponent scored 80 or more points. Simply stated, in order to beat Houston, the Shox are going to have to score more than 80.

In Houston's last 9 games, they've held their opponent to an average of 58.5 PPG. Dismissing a head scratching loss at Memphis two weeks ago, their D has been shutting folks down.

So we're asking the Shox to score 22 more points than what Houston has been allowing their opponents to average the past 9 games in order to give them the best chance of winning. That is asking a lot but not out of the realm of possibility as we did score more than 80 on the Coogs before. Yet they held us close to this 58.5 PPG average the last time we lost to them.

We whooped them at our place, they whooped us at their place. Will a neutral court game mean this will be a close game? I don't think so. I'm predicting a 76 - 65 loss as the two offenses are fairly equal but the defensive advantage clearly goes to Houston and that will be the difference. Not to mention our best shooters, Conor and Austin have gone a combined 16/51 from the field and 1/19 from 3-point line the past three games combined.
        Last edited by Shox The Revenant; March 9, 2018, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Shocks by 3 in a knock down, tough battle all the way.

Comment

66 to 65 Shockers!
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I'd imagine Vegas will call it just about even

Comment

• AndShock
                AndShock commented
                Editing a comment
                Put me down for Wichita State -4. Vegas loves the Shocks.

Tough game, can't afford any more of this only a few people show up for it stuff.

Comment

I’m predicting 100/1 yellow to red in the stands today. Pretty comfortable with that prognostication.

Comment

They opened at -4

Comment

Shockers are a -4? Who is they?

Comment

• Play Angry
                      Play Angry commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yep, we are a 4 point favorite.

Orlando pep rally info?

Comment

SHOX by 5
                      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

I dunno guys, this game has me worried. I don't think our defense is capable of stopping them and our offense isn't near good enough right now. Landry and Shaq can't do it all. Austin, Conner, and McDuffie need a wake up call, cause we need them to score to win this game. As of now, I'm predicting:

Shockers - 81
                        Houston - 89

Comment

I love our boys. I might take the points though. Dang.

Comment

Working...
                          X