Official 2018 Coaching Changes Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    Niko Medved is rumored to be leaving Drake to coach Colorado State after just 1 year.
    Guess that says something about the pecking order, whether the Valley likes it or not.

Comment

• Dont see it listed here... Missouri State hired Dana Ford.

Comment

• Jeff *******Verified account@GoodmanESPN 11h11 hours ago More
        • Copy link to Tweet
        • Embed Tweet

Whoever takes the Pittsburgh job will have another hurdle to climb. Source told ESPN Pittsburgh has just two officials visits left until Aug. 1. Kevin Stallings and his staff used 19 their first year to sign 11 guys, 3 last year to sign 2 guys. Rules are you get 24 over 2 years.

Comment

• Gary ParrishVerified account@GaryParrishCBS 12h12 hours ago More
          • Copy link to Tweet
          • Embed Tweet

Walter McCarty has reached an agreement to become Evansville’s next head coach, a source told @CBSSports. A press conference is expected Friday.

Comment

• Jeff *******Verified account@GoodmanESPN 2h2 hours ago More
            • Copy link to Tweet
            • Embed Tweet

College of Charleston coach Earl Grant has agreed to an extension through 2022-23, school announces.

Comment

• AndShock
              AndShock commented
              Editing a comment
              Interesting that both Forbes and Grant are still with their respective schools when they've both surely had opportunities to move on. I'm guessing Gregg's given some advice that they've taken to heart.

• Cdizzle
              Cdizzle commented
              Editing a comment
              They are playing it smart. Found places they can win and get paid. Wait it out for a really good job.

And then there's Dana Ford.

• WuDrWu
              WuDrWu commented
              Editing a comment
              Also, Coach Grant is HOME. That adds to the love.

• Jeff *******Verified account@GoodmanESPN 44m44 minutes ago

Middle Tennessee State will hire UNC Asheville’s Nick McDevitt to replace Kermit Davis, sources told ESPN. Deal is for 6 years. Was also a candidate at ECU.

Comment

• SHOCKvalue
              SHOCKvalue commented
              Editing a comment
              Kind of a sad narrative on the state of the ECU basketball program.

• Sources: Alum Tubby nears deal at High Point https://es.pn/2unqFiy

The last paragraph about their leading scorer being denied a transfer really chaps me after what GGG did.

Comment

• Jeff *******Verified account@GoodmanESPN 27m27 minutes ago Follow Follow @GoodmanESPNFollowing Following @GoodmanESPNUnfollow Unfollow @GoodmanESPNBlocked Blocked @GoodmanESPNUnblock Unblock @GoodmanESPNPending Pending follow request from @GoodmanESPNCancel Cancel your follow request to @GoodmanESPN

More
              • Copy link to Tweet
              • Embed Tweet

South Dakota’s Craig Smith is done to Utah State, sources told ESPN.

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                Sources: Alum Tubby nears deal at High Point https://es.pn/2unqFiy

The last paragraph about their leading scorer being denied a transfer really chaps me after what GGG did.
                I can't even remember the last time I heard of a player being denied a release when a coach left or was fired.
                Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                  1972Shocker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think that is true for incoming recruits. Maybe not so mucn for a player you have invested 3 years in. Sometimes they will withhold a release unitl the new coach has a chance to meet with the returning players. So this situation could still change.

• shock757
                  shock757 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This may not matter, the rumor is that the NCAA is looking at approving not having to sit out a year for transfers.

• Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                  Sources: Alum Tubby nears deal at High Point https://es.pn/2unqFiy

Good for Tubby. He is set financially for the rest of his life. Getting to finish his career at his alma mater in what I assume will be a relatively low pressure, more laid back environment is kind of neat for him.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 3, 2018, 03:06 PM.

Comment

• So what are the odds that Moser is still Loyola's coach come the end of April?

Comment

• shocks02
                      shocks02 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I think anyone who hires him is taking on a big risk. He's had one good season in 15 years as a head coach. Never finished higher than fifth in his conference until this season.

• Dan
                      Dan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm not sure he has to leave. He's from the area and can dominate the Valley if he can keep things moving along. Alumni may come out of the woodwork to make sure he gets paid.

• Stickboy46
                      Stickboy46 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      He currently makes 400k. Not bad for a mid-major .. but could they compete with a 1.5 to 2 million offer? I dunno.

• Any rumblings on how the Louisville meeting with Chris Mack went? I had read somewhere they wanted their search wrapped up before the Final 4 tipped off.
                    "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                    Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

• I guess this is something. Verified news guy from the Louisville area.

https://twitter.com/KentTaylorWAVE/s...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

"The family of a recruit says that a Xavier coach or assistant coach has called and informed them that they are now actually recruiting for UofL"
                      "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                      Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

• Stickboy46
                        Stickboy46 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        beat me by a minute .. mine was the cooler embedded one though ... :)

• wsushockerdude
                        wsushockerdude commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That it was....I embarrassed myself just trying to embed it lol

• hmmmm.... no idea if true .. but doesn't look like a fake account...

Comment

Working...
                      X