WSU Versus Winner Of Temple vs Tulane Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus Winner Of Temple vs Tulane Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. As noted, Friday night on ESPNU at 6-p.m WSU plays the winner of this game between Temple and Tulane. They split against each other in AAC play this Season with a Temple win 83-76 in one game and Tulane beating Temple 85-75 in the other game. Temple's record was 8-10 and 16-14 and Tulane 5-13 and 14-16. WSU split with Temple by losing there 81-79 and winning here in Wichita 93-86. WSU only played Tulane here once and that was a win with the final score of 93-86.

So who will we play? Who would we prefer to play? I think Temple will defeat Tulane in a close one at around 82-79. WSU has had some issues winning versus Temple but did not run away with Tulane either, so it matters not to me which team wins. WSU should come in focused and ready to win knowing they could very well draw Houston next and the Bearcats in the Finals. While we had trouble in times past winning the Valley tourney, let's hope the Shocks get a AAC Tourney Ship win right off the bat to get this all started out right.

Playing on Selection Sunday was not something Coach Marshall was real hip on but this is how our new Conference does it so the Shocks will come out swinging. We have to win two tough games just to even play on Selection Sunday. This move to our new Conference has already been a joy to behold with all of our games on such widely watched TV enjoyment which is what SN has always longed for. Stay tuned for lots of Shocker basketball to follow as we spring forward into new Dancing opportunities, better seeds, and we field maybe the most experienced team of all this very Season.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

I honestly don’t think Temple has a third game in them that’s at the level they played the first two against us this year. If they get by Tulane, I think we win going away.

Comment

Ill be rooting for the Temple Owls against the Tulane Waves.
      Last edited by WuShock Reaper; March 9, 2018, 09:13 AM.

Comment

These are 18 to 22 year old, well conditioned young men. They'll have plenty in the tank, physically, it's not like they've never played 3 games in a row before. It's the mental aspect of the game that will make or break them. They've played us very tough and I anticipate another close claim tomorrow.

Comment

Hopefully since Temple will be minus the Koch Effect, they won't go lights out tomorrow.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• shock-it-to-me
            shock-it-to-me commented
            Editing a comment
            This is exactly what I was thinking. Even at home against WSU I’m sure they had 4000 more fans than an average Temple home game. Let’s see them go super bowl in a big and relatively quiet arena.

Here's the deal Phase 2. Could not get the heading changed so will simply add on here. Temple defeats Tulane 82-77 so our hunch of playing the Owls was correct. The Shocks will win this game by 11 as Shaq and LS prove why they were both worthy of 1st Team All Conference. LS will double his jersey number with 22 points and 7 assist. Shaq will double our viewing please with a double double. A Temple player was just quoted as saying they beat us once this Season and can do it again.. Nope!!! Not going to happen IMO. Shocks will win and advance to the next round in this here AAC Tourney.

Shocks--- 88

Owls------77
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

From the AAC board (UCF Fan)

"Nice to see so many fellow AAC fans here tonight.

Temple
            Tulane
            Cincinnati (a lot of them here)
            Wichita State (a crapload of them here. Almost half the crowd is Shocker fans)
            Houston
            ECU

And I have already gotten several compliments on my national champion's t shirt too.''
            Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Temple is pretty much the only team that gave us a good scare both games except for Cincinnati of course. So looks like we get a tough one in the first round. I just hope they aren't at full mast all game long again and actually miss some shots. They still worry me, but we SHOULD win this one. I'll be worried about our composure in the dance if we let this one slip away.

Shockers - 86
              Temple - 78

Comment

IT'S GAMEDAY, BITCHES !

Comment

84 to 76 Shockers!
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Shockers roll with a double digit win. Reaves is back and knocks down 4 threes.
                    I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

Shox by 1

Comment

Vegas currently have the Shockers as 10 5 favorites.

Comment

Reaves and Franny bounce back from the tough game vs Cinci. Defense shows more of the toughness we’re accustomed to. SHOX win by enough that the first 8 aren’t in at the end of the game.
                          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                            Vegas currently have the Shockers as 10 5 favorites.
                            Went up to 11.5 which is way too much imo

Comment

Working...
                            X