Series with Nebraska?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum
    Up here, we refer to Doc as Coach Slingblade. Their grammar and diction are the exact same.

After losing Spinelli to you guys, it would be pretty funny if you get them on the schedule.

UNL's attendence blows. They supposedly have 9500 season ticket holders (this apparently includes the freebies they give to big FB donors), yet their average attendence is around 6000-6500. Creighton offered to play them home and home in the same season, but Slingblade won't do it (he obviously doesn't want to get beat 2x/yr).
    Prolly pretty smart, I reckon. Mmhmm.
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Someone voluntarily scheduling the corn. Ha. Enjoy those barnburners.

Save yourselves the trip and put Pitt State on there.

Seriously, Sadler's doing some nice things with that program (7-2 with wins over Rutgers and Arizona State), so by the time a WSU/Corn series would happen, it could be a good match-up.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

I'd take ANY BCS team home and home.

even northwestern, south florida, auburn, penn state, rutgers, st. johns, oregon state,...

any.
        veni, vidi, vici

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum
          Creighton offered to play them home and home in the same season, but Slingblade won't do it (he obviously doesn't want to get beat 2x/yr).
          WSU did that with KSU in the mid 80s and early 1970s. I thought fans from both schools liked it.

In the 1970s I believe WSU and KSU played home and home on back to back nights.

That would be vedy intaresting.

Comment

I remember that WSU-KSU home and home with the quick turn arounds.

I was at that stage in life where I was starting to get interested in basketball in general......learning that there was a KU, KSU and WSU.

I wasn't old enough to go to games on my own, and my parents wouldn't or couldn't take me out to Levitt Arena very often.

I contented myself with listening to most of both games on a radio, thoroughly enjoyed it. And I agree, I think it captured the interest of many fans.

Since that time, I've grown older and more knowledgeable of how things really work. Or don't work.

The way WSU is treated by those two other educational institutions is reprehensible.

Comment

Nebraska defeats #16 Oregon in OT. 88-79....
              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Working...
              X