Series with Nebraska?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series with Nebraska?

Nebraska is trying to make their non-conference schedule more regional. The Shockers are mentioned as a possible target.
    In the fast lane

Nebraska takes on powerhouse Cal State Bakersfield on the road tonight. I'll be there hoping for an upset. We had Oregon State in here last Saturday. I find it interesting that Bakersfield is able to put together a reasonably attractive home schedule even though this is only their first full year of Division I basketball. Their only win to date this year was against Fresno State.

Comment

If we add Nebraska I sure hope Doc gets things together up there.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

They already play Creighton, why take two poundings from Valley teams?

But if they want a 1&1 that would be fine with me.
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

Cal, wouldn't a Nebraska win be the upset?

Comment

Interesting. Doc coached here under Eddie Sutton, and our new coach John Pelphrey played for Eddie at Kentucky.

I wonder if we'll start playing them at some point.

Comment

This would be a great addition to our schedule. Bring on the BCS schools! :posterwsu: 8)
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

There would be plenty of tickets in Lincoln for the away game. Lincoln isn't a tough drive.

If there's any football gear left, we could probably suit up some intramural players and give Nebraska a FB game in return for a home-and-home BB series. It would probably be a FB game UNL could win.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

When I first saw this, I thought this was off-topic and should've been in the baseball forum..

Oops.

I'm neutral on this one either way. I'd just be happy to get a Big 12 team on the schedule for a 1 and 1 for the first time in 5 years, considering our in-state brethren are pusspackers.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

nebraska has a basketball team? are they div 1?

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
                      ]
                      If there's any football gear left, we could probably suit up some intramural players and give Nebraska a FB game in return for a home-and-home BB series. It would probably be a FB game UNL could win.
                      If it would bring Nebraska to CKA to lose, I'd suit up and play football in that game....

Now if only we could get the rest of the Big 12 to try the same idea...
                      Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
                      Students > Alumni
                      If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
                      The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Who cares..........this is just another pointless what if discussion that skips like a broken record i.e. regarding K-Who and K-Suck.

I find it funny that his lack of success with Big 10 and Big East scheduling is driving him crazy but he continues to expose himself to this frustration over and over. Knock - knock Doc, you got a guarantee 200 miles south of you, take off your panties and send us a contract girly.

Comment

ISASO wrote:
                          "Cal, wouldn't a Nebraska win be the upset?"

I made a mistake, It was the Cal State Bakersfield women's team hosting Nebraska. The mens team, I believe does have a win over Nebraska dating back to the 80's.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
                            Knock - knock Doc, you got a guarantee 200 miles south of you, take off your panties and send us a contract girly.
                            Might need a sledge hammer to get it into his head.

Comment

Up here, we refer to Doc as Coach Slingblade. Their grammar and diction are the exact same.

After losing Spinelli to you guys, it would be pretty funny if you get them on the schedule.

UNL's attendence blows. They supposedly have 9500 season ticket holders (this apparently includes the freebies they give to big FB donors), yet their average attendence is around 6000-6500. Creighton offered to play them home and home in the same season, but Slingblade won't do it (he obviously doesn't want to get beat 2x/yr).

Comment

Working...
                              X