No announcement yet.

Penny Hardaway to Memphis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly would Penny even be a good coach? You can get all the kids you want, there has to be a smart coach there to teach them.

Comment

I think Tubby did a pretty good job this year. His team never quit and got better as they year went on. Considering where the year started, I thought his team made good strides. If they fire him I sure hope Penny can coach. Memphis will be a total dumpster fire if this goes south. They will have no chance to hire a quality coach for a long time if Penny doesnt succeed. It seems like a very big gamble for an improving team.
      Go Shocks!

Comment

Memphis may not have a choice. The Internet rumor mill says that the donors who keep the basketball players - I mean program, not players, wink, wink - financed want Hardaway and were going to hold their breath (and their money) until they got their way.

I think when Smith didn't like the arrangement he inherited with the Lawsons that the city turned on him. I suspect Tubby wanted a clean program where he told the players how things would go and that was incompatible with the Lawsons on the squad.

Just my opinion, but I think Kansas can do things without fear of problems with the NCAA that Memphis can't do. I think Tubby knows that and the Memphis fans ($$ donors) do not.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Considering the lemonade Tubby made out of the lemons this year, I hope the Memphis AD knows what he's doing. This is a risky move, IMO. Tubby was just starting to turn things around.
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Tubby should take the job at ECU and start beating Memphis. That would be poetic.

Of course, I am not sure ANYONE can win at ECU. But still. That would be hilarious
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Who cares about Penny and Memphis. I don't care what happens with the firing and hiring, I only care if Alex changes his mind. All is fair in love and war but if Penny plays any role in Alex wanting a release from his LOI, he will have made an enemy out of HCGM and every Shocker fan. Hopefully he'll be the consummate professional and won't pull a bush league move.

Comment

Comment

• BOBB
                  BOBB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Maybe the offering plate being passed around for the buyout came back a little short.

Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
                Who cares about Penny and Memphis. I don't care what happens with the firing and hiring, I only care if Alex changes his mind. All is fair in love and war but if Penny plays any role in Alex wanting a release from his LOI, he will have made an enemy out of HCGM and every Shocker fan. Hopefully he'll be the consummate professional and won't pull a bush league move.
                I would put your faith in A Lo and HCGM. Not Penny. Bush league is poisoning the well against the current Memphis coach to make his exit more imminent so you can take his job.
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                  If you're going to do something dumb, you might as well make a mess of it in the process. There appear to be some serious problems in the Memphis chain of command.

Comment

Working...
                  X