KWCH BIAS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KWCH BIAS

They were talking about SM's brilliant defensive career tonight and showed highlights of Shaq only in the SMU@ Wichita, OU Intrust game and the last game against Cinncy. What do all those games have in common? Hmm. Who hired the KU fans to run KWCH? Sheesh

Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
    They were talking about SM's brilliant defensive career tonight and showed highlights of Shaq only in the SMU@ Wichita, OU Intrust game and the last game against Cinncy. What do all those games have in common? Hmm. Who hired the KU fans to run KWCH? Sheesh
    Always looking for a slight.

Comment

Why do you keep giving them ratings if you hate them and Kunkle so much?

Comment

Hey guys, I've been watching this board for years, since the Final Four run, and I'm just now posting. :) No matter how much you dislike a local journalist, there is rarely a bias on their part. The clips used were probably what they had available quick and easy. I worked at KWCH for years and when it comes to video, the clips picked were what they could get on the air fast. I didn't see what you're talking about specifically, bleed yellow, but it they were talking about Shaq, they showed clips of Shaq.
        Last edited by ShockerGrad; March 6, 2018, 09:18 AM.

Comment

I prefer their news and weather anchors, so I watch. But yeah, Kunkel seems biased to me.

Comment

He started out bias against WSU and was pro-KU, which is fine from a personal perspective. But as an on-air journalist you shouldn't show favorites or let your opinion influence your reporting. Unless it's an editorial piece. Sports Sunday is more opinionated and a free flowing conversation. Kunkel has gotten better since he's been here, but I get how he can rub people the wrong way. KWCH's sports isn't what it used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post

Why do you keep giving them ratings if you hate them and Kunkle so much?
              Bingo.

The simple solution is to stop watching. I haven’t in years.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerGrad View Post
                KWCH's sports isn't what it used to be.
                Understatement of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Bingo.

The simple solution is to stop watching. I haven’t in years.
                  Who is the Knucklehead guy anyway?
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

You have a brittle-ass spirit
                    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

I didn’t know that people still watch the news... why spend 30 minutes staring at the tv when you can get it online in less than 3 mins. And you don’t have to deal with the local slant.

Comment

• Cdizzle
                        Cdizzle commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Agreed. It's way better to get it with the Northwestern slant.

I stopped watching when Jenn Bates stopped doing sports.

Comment

• ShockerPhi
                        ShockerPhi commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Same

All you need to do is follow Taylor Eldridge on twitter. That should more than suffice your need of Shocker related coverage.
                      "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                      Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

My complaint against Kunkle is not necessarily that he's biased (although he is) but that he's just plain bad. He takes this new "casual delivery" thing to the nth degree - mumbling, stumbling over his words, incorrect facts, etc. Half the time you don't even know what he's talking about (which could be a good thing I suppose). Plus, Jeffrey Parsons is a twit. Arielle is kinda cute though.
                        "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

Originally posted by Husker4Shockers View Post
                          My complaint against Kunkle is not necessarily that he's biased (although he is) but that he's just plain bad. He takes this new "casual delivery" thing to the nth degree - mumbling, stumbling over his words, incorrect facts, etc. Half the time you don't even know what he's talking about (which could be a good thing I suppose). Plus, Jeffrey Parsons is a twit. Arielle is kinda cute though.
                          This is on the money. I'm like you, I never understand what point he's trying to make.

Comment

Working...
                          X