MVC officiating has ruined me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVC officiating has ruined me

For years and years I've watched games where any kind of incidental contact would get called a foul. Hand checking the guards? Foul. Getting a body on a guard? Foul.

Foul foul foul foul foul. Foul.

This year in the American? It isn't called like that. There is obviously a different emphasis in the American.

I like it. It hasn't been to helpful to us this year in the Houston game and today vs Cinci but I like it. It definitely feels more like how the game SHOULD be called.

But it is going to take some time for me to get my Doug Elgin brain washing un-done.

I feel like we played much better D today once we realized the officials weren’t gonna call a foul down low.

Comment

I prefer the officials calling a foul when they see one

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        I prefer the officials calling a foul when they see one
        Especially against teams like Cincy & Houston.
        Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

I still cannot believe that McDuffie didn't get the "and 1" late in the game when he was knocked to the floor on that drive for the layup.

Comment

I'm fine with there being physical defense being played in the post, but there were plenty of plays where we had someone drive to the basket and get mauled and not get a call. Mcduffie's transition layup, Rashard had one in the first half, I believe there were a couple on Landry. Let guys be physical where there is supposed to be physical play, but when someone is running full speed down court and gets demolished by someone not going straight up, call the foul.

Comment

Shamet had a few drives to the rim where I was positive there would be a foul called, but no luck. There were several occasions where I thought shaq got hacked on the way up with the ball and there could’ve been a foul called. Not sure who was sitting behind me, but he kept me in line a little lol. He said “a lot of ball” over and over, to which I replied “a lot of body too.” In reality there probably was more ball than body contact, but kudos to that guy for being able to watch with a little more levelheadedness than I. All in all, I enjoy the physicality of the games in the AAC. It’s a man’s league and our shockers belong (even if at times I’ve felt this is about the softest team we’ve had in a decade). Even though I’ve been skeptical at times, there’s still some anger and MTXE in this squad.

Back to officiating... I’m more upset that there isn’t more consistency among officiating crews. I understand that every game has a different tone, and officials have to regulate based on the flow and mood of the game. It’s tough going from game to game not knowing what constitutes a foul with the officials. Hell, I’m pretty sure Shaq lost a tooth yesterday and there was no foul. I didn’t see the contact, but I saw the reaction and what looked to be a gap in his teeth.
              Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

Originally posted by DJShocker10 View Post
                Shamet had a few drives to the rim where I was positive there would be a foul called, but no luck. There were several occasions where I thought shaq got hacked on the way up with the ball and there could’ve been a foul called. Not sure who was sitting behind me, but he kept me in line a little lol. He said “a lot of ball” over and over, to which I replied “a lot of body too.” In reality there probably was more ball than body contact, but kudos to that guy for being able to watch with a little more levelheadedness than I. All in all, I enjoy the physicality of the games in the AAC. It’s a man’s league and our shockers belong (even if at times I’ve felt this is about the softest team we’ve had in a decade). Even though I’ve been skeptical at times, there’s still some anger and MTXE in this squad.

Back to officiating... I’m more upset that there isn’t more consistency among officiating crews. I understand that every game has a different tone, and officials have to regulate based on the flow and mood of the game. It’s tough going from game to game not knowing what constitutes a foul with the officials. Hell, I’m pretty sure Shaq lost a tooth yesterday and there was no foul. I didn’t see the contact, but I saw the reaction and what looked to be a gap in his teeth.
                The biggest thing I hated was that Cincy consistently had 3 guys reaching in for the ball. I'm sorry, but it's physically impossible for all 3 of them to get all ball ... EVERY time.

Comment

• DJShocker10
                  DJShocker10 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Also, it wasn’t just a reach, it was a swat. Hell, I learned back in biddy ball that you don’t swat like that unless the ball is clearly in the air. That’s how you rack up unnecessary fouls.

It’s the same thing that “Press Virginia” does, or the SIU teams in the mid 2000’s. If you hack and grab enough, the officials become desensitized to it or start thinking, “wow, they’ve got 7 fouls and the other team only has 2, we better slow down.” Unless of course you’re KU, then they call all of them and 2 on you.
                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Working...
                X