No announcement yet.

#11 WSU vs. #10 Cincinnati Official Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well , very entertaining with the wrong result!
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
      Wow ... Hopefully this gets reported ...

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

5. I didn't think the Cincy players were bad post-game.

Most teams return to their bench area after the handshake line. The Bearcat players chose to stay in front of our bench to celebrate. I think that was deliberate and lacking in class. Then again, considering their history of behavior with Xavier and other rivals" it's not unexpected.

6. Need Reaves out of his funk by Friday.

Agreed. Both Landry and Conner had their funks earlier this year. Two games is about all we can afford from Austin. I like it better when he's willing to drive in for short jumpers. Seems he's gotten away from that the last two games.

9. We had 3 or 4 awful turnovers, just awful.

Unforced turnovers make me puke.
        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
          Cincinnati fans are now calling her out asking for proof and calling her a liar. Then pointing to the fact that Marshall had to push through the Cincy players who were blocking him in.

Cincy is a good team .. but not impressed with them off the court so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Cincinnati fans are now calling her out asking for proof and calling her a liar. Then pointing to the fact that Marshall had to push through the Cincy players who were blocking him in.

Cincy is a good team .. but not impressed with them off the court so far.

Just came by to defend UC a little bit. WSU is acting holier than thou and yet, Like I reported in the AAC forum, Marshall's wife and daughter were not what you'd call classy ladies AT ALL at BB&T arena. His daughter was cussing at UC and called a UC player an Fing B*tch.

I mean, his wife then confronted Pat Forde and very agressively said "Keep it up buddy".

Reported that UC has kicked out his daughter from future games as well. She is not welcome back at the new Fifth Third Arena as far as I know.

This is all documented on Episode 22 of the Skinny Podcast. Starting at the 17:36 mark. Its coming from a reputable source as Chad Brendel is a media member and runs 247's Cincinnati page and sits courtside for every home game.

Just thought I'd point this out, and that if the players showed some emotion, it may have started from the first matchup at BB&T.

Mick keeps his team under control and some people wish that we'd play with a little more swagger and aggression, and that we sometimes play too nice. Lets face it; under Bob Huggins, UC recruited thugs who could play basketball. Now Cronin Recruits high character kids who can play basketball.

Comment

• jdshock
              jdshock commented
              Editing a comment
              Cdizzle - the part where he said UC doesn't recruit thugs anymore, so if they insulted a WSU dance team member, it was only because Lynn and Maggie insulted some folks when we beat them at their house first.

Oh also, we should believe his story because it was reported by someone who has a podcast, as opposed to the fabricated story offered by the first-hand witness on our dance team.

• Topshock
              Topshock commented
              Editing a comment
              Story I heard was that a UC player called her a B*tch during the game and after the game was decided, that player was simply asked "Who is the B*tch now" Also heard a UC fan came out of the stands during the game, down to where she was sitting for the sole purpose of insulting her.

• OregonShocker
              OregonShocker commented
              Editing a comment
              Topshock Yeah, but is that documented in your podcast???;-)

• Originally posted by Justinhub2003 View Post

Just came by to defend UC a little bit. WSU is acting holier than thou and yet, Like I reported in the AAC forum, Marshall's wife and daughter were not what you'd call classy ladies AT ALL at BB&T arena. His daughter was cussing at UC and called a UC player an Fing B*tch.

I mean, his wife then confronted Pat Forde and very agressively said "Keep it up buddy".

Reported that UC has kicked out his daughter from future games as well. She is not welcome back at the new Fifth Third Arena as far as I know.

This is all documented on Episode 22 of the Skinny Podcast. Starting at the 17:36 mark. Its coming from a reputable source as Chad Brendel is a media member and runs 247's Cincinnati page and sits courtside for every home game.

Just thought I'd point this out, and that if the players showed some emotion, it may have started from the first matchup at BB&T.

Mick keeps his team under control and some people wish that we'd play with a little more swagger and aggression, and that we sometimes play too nice. Lets face it; under Bob Huggins, UC recruited thugs who could play basketball. Now Cronin Recruits high character kids who can play basketball.
            That appears up for debate apparently ...

Comment

• proshox
              proshox commented
              Editing a comment
              All i know is that during the heat of battle - everything is possible with Gregg’s family. They are as passionate as i am when watching a game in my basement by myself.

I say a lot of crazy stuff. They say a lot of crazy stuff. Keeps it fun!

• 1972Shocker
              1972Shocker commented
              Editing a comment
              proshox may have the solution but I will leave it up to him to suggest to Lynn and Maggie that they need to stay home and watch the game in their basement.

“High character” “under control”

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post

“High character” “under control”

https://youtu.be/f5BMseYWyZQ
              That very incident changed the way Cronin was recruiting.

Gates was a local kid, who got wrapped up in the emotion of the game.

And add in that, UC vs Xavier is unlike any game UC plays all year. The entire city is literally at its throats.

Mick pretty much hates playing these games on Campus and wants them held at a neutral site location because of the bad vibes that occur at the Cintas center.

This crop of UC players are really good kids. Gary Clark is one the best all around people UC's ever had. Just google some of the stuff he's done around the community completely unprovoked.

Comment

This guy is a flamer on the CBBS board. GTFO.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Sorry dude, but your so called "defense of UC" is actually the logical fallacy of Tu Quoque.
                  Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• So the original tweet everyone is referencing has been taken down. Can anyone provide a quick recap of the drama here?
                    "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                    Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

• What?

Im not trolling. Look up the podcast I gave the time stamp

it’s basketball. I talk **** after a big win. Who doesn’t ?

But greg Marshall’s wife and his daughter were acting insane at UC. i didn’t make that up

Comment

• Go check his daughter Maggie’s instagram.

She completely embraced the fact that security had to be involved.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post
                          So the original tweet everyone is referencing has been taken down. Can anyone provide a quick recap of the drama here?
                          It's from a WSU cheer/dance member. Basically said that she comes into contact with just about every team that entered Koch Arena and all have been nice except Cincinnati. They voiced inappropriate things to her as she was making her way to the locker room

Comment

Not good.....IF true. But you are basically saying it is then ok for them to do what they reportedly did? Just because of what happened IN Cincy.... allegedly
                            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                            X