X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by I_Vector_Wu View Post
    Rashard Kelly, what a dunk!
    FT's or one stinkin' bucket.
    Shaq was being smothered but still scored.
    Senior day is depressing, but we're not done yet!
    Yellow looked great.
    That was 11 on my Marantz amplifier, crowd really brought it.
    That Dunk deserved a win. I don't know why they didn't go for that path more often. Too often we let cinci get setup and clog.

That dunk is an ESPN Top 3 level worthy slam.

Comment

• Imagine if we shot FT's just slightly better as a team!

Comment

• Another classic game. I said it after the first one, but these games have all the makings of an awesome conference rivalry. That was an elite level atmosphere there today. Your fans really brought it today.

Good game, shockers. Hope to see you guys next week for round 3. I’ll be down in Orlando to hopefully watch it in person. I can’t wait til we get to the tourney so we can watch each other’s games and root for each other to show the country that this league has some damn good basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatnation View Post
          Another classic game. I said it after the first one, but these games have all the makings of an awesome conference rivalry. That was an elite level atmosphere there today. Your fans really brought it today.

Good game, shockers. Hope to see you guys next week for round 3. I’ll be down in Orlando to hopefully watch it in person. I can’t wait til we get to the tourney so we can watch each other’s games and root for each other to show the country that this league has some damn good basketball.
          appreciate that, but one thing.. wichita state fans have been bringing that for 50 years now. wichita state-cincinnati in 1962 probably sounded just the same.

Comment

• I was there in 62 and I was there today. Both great but today is just louder. Two great programs over
            the years. Looking forward to many more great games.

Comment

• The way I see it we beat them by 4, they beat us by 1. We are still 3 points better than they are. Sure they are the conference champs, I’d rather be co-champs but it just didn’t happen. New conference, new challenges. Coaches will get the boys ready and if the shots go in next weekend will be fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                Should we have called a T/O? Maybe to change out a player or two.

Was there a play called? Hell yes. Was it executed right? No. Did Cincy have something to do with that? Yes
                Who knows? As you said, though, we'll probably find out more Monday.

My own guess is that the reason Marshall didn't call a TO after getting the ball back once Shamet's kamikaze drive was stuffed is that he didn't want Cincinnati to be able set up their defense against an inbounds play -- which would be understandable; they're tough enough as it is, just in regular game action. Of course, the downside is that what actually happened could scarcely be called a "play;" not much going on there. And yet, as between Evans's last three that he hobbled into over Shaq and Frankamp's final shot, there's little doubt in my mind that Frankamp's was the better percentage look. Unfortunately, their guy made his and our guy missed, and then even when Willis got the offensive rebound he wasn't in position to do something quickly with it.

Decisions always look worse when you miss shots, and the Shocks did a lot of that, including missing plenty of them that were open for the taking. Let's just hope they regain their touch enough to get through a couple of potentially tough games before they can even hope for a rubber match. At least the defense was more effective today for the most part, so that's a positive step. I also have a hunch that Reaves is mentally tough enough that a day like Sunday will only speed his maturation and make it that much less likely for something similar to happen again.

Comment

• Shamet sold out to his taking it to the rim between 3 defenders. Conner was open in the corner for a good shot.

Comment

• Our KenPom D has officially fallen outside the top 100.

Comment

• Guys, I was at CKA yesterday. FANTASTIC atmosphere and, for the most part, a fantastic game. The ending was not optimal, but whatever. Strangely I was not as upset as I thought I might be. The guys fought their tails off...just pissed away too many opportunities in the final 6 minutes. I bet there were four consecutive trips, with the game tied, where WSU missed a shot or turned it over. That final shot was expected as I just don't think WSU is very good on set plays out of a timeout (is this why 3G doesn't like to call them?). Cincy was the better team yesterday. WSU must find a couple of guys who are capable of getting to the rim and creating their own shot. I can't believe the final possession did not go through Shaq. I think my ears are still ringing from the 113 decibels.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                        Connor and Reeves took 9 threes. If you had told me if just one had been made we win, I certainly would have taken that bet.
                        Too bad they called the foul on the floor late in the first half. Conner drained that one immediately after the whistle down low.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreatWhiteBuffalo View Post
                          Guys, I was at CKA yesterday. FANTASTIC atmosphere and, for the most part, a fantastic game. The ending was not optimal, but whatever. Strangely I was not as upset as I thought I might be. The guys fought their tails off...just pissed away too many opportunities in the final 6 minutes. I bet there were four consecutive trips, with the game tied, where WSU missed a shot or turned it over. That final shot was expected as I just don't think WSU is very good on set plays out of a timeout (is this why 3G doesn't like to call them?). Cincy was the better team yesterday. WSU must find a couple of guys who are capable of getting to the rim and creating their own shot. I can't believe the final possession did not go through Shaq. I think my ears are still ringing from the 113 decibels.
                          I think that Cincy is very good at defending out of bounds situations with their physicality. Sometimes just getting the ball in is a chore against them.

Comment

• Kudos to the crowd.

Double kudos to the production crew for doing everything possible to keep the energy during the eternally long CBS timeouts. The transition after the dancing Chick-Fil-A cow (2:00 to go first half) into a high energy raucous crowd by the time play resumed was possibly the best job by an in house media team I've ever witnessed. They've been listening to the fans. No doubt about it.

Kudos to Cincy for responding time after time when needed. Shox still could have put them away with some jump shots that didn't fall, but Cincy stayed composed under pressure and never let the Shox really turn the crowd's energy into an extended run.

A loss, but still a fun time. I think we have our replacement rival. Tulsa. Creighton. Now, Cincy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                              Kudos to the crowd.

Double kudos to the production crew for doing everything possible to keep the energy during the eternally long CBS timeouts. The transition after the dancing Chick-Fil-A cow (2:00 to go first half) into a high energy raucous crowd by the time play resumed was possibly the best job by an in house media team I've ever witnessed. They've been listening to the fans. No doubt about it.

Kudos to Cincy for responding time after time when needed. Shox still could have put them away with some jump shots that didn't fall, but Cincy stayed composed under pressure and never let the Shox really turn the crowd's energy into an extended run.

A loss, but still a fun time. I think we have our replacement rival. Tulsa. Creighton. Now, Cincy.
                              I agree with the production although I could’ve done without Don Hall artificially pumping up the crowd and encouraging the waving of rally towels that were only given to about 40% of those in attendance. Sorry Don, we don’t need help in the noise department. Save the WWE antics for somewhere else.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Jamar Howard 4 President
                                Jamar Howard 4 President commented
                                Editing a comment
                                That may have been the weakest part, but golly gee willikers, those timeouts were long and put the production team in a difficult spot.

• I wasn't really upset with our performance, but this game hurt more than other losses this year. Cincinnati celebrating on our floor, senior day activities having to be stalled because CBS was interviewing Cronin and a CU player after the game, the players waving to the student section as they were walking off the court are all things that I hope our team remembers when we play them in the tournament.

I will say, though, that I am more worried about a game against Houston than I am against Cinci. Houston whooped us on both ends of the floor last time. Cinci has a good defense, but they can barely shoot the ball. I thought our defense was pretty good for the most part. Eventually teams will stop hitting insanely difficult shots against us.

Comment

Working...
                              X