No announcement yet.

#11 WSU vs. #10 Cincinnati Official Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m unsure as to what our strategy is on inbounds plays. The team has been running that 4-flat look almost exclusively, and then basically just getting into our offense once we throw the ball in. I know they’ve got some creative plays that get people open looks around the rim. I’m reminded of that thunder dunk from Tekele a few years back.

I don’t worry about the timeout strategy, but they should have used one in that moment to draw a scoring inbounds play up.

Comment

• Proud of our seniors.

We still have everything to play for. Let's get it done in Orlando and lock in a 3/4 seed in Dallas.

This is going to be a fun, bitter rivalry going forward.

Comment

• Congrats to Cincy. I don't think you got the best of what the Shocks can bring although the Shocker crowd did their job.

Tough loss. Thank you seniors. You've been and are terrific Shockers.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 4, 2018, 01:52 PM.

Comment

• The bench didn't do that great today with only 13 points. Reaves with zero points. I'm not saying it made a difference, but I wonder if the result would have been the same if Reaves would have started liked he had the last few games?

Comment

• Too many mistakes. Too many missed shots by shooters. Too many second chance shots for Cinci.

That said, Shox only lost by one and had the ball in their hand to win it.

Learn from this. Let the pain motivate you. Come back stronger.

This team can do a lot of damage, if they play to their full ability.
            The Assman

Comment

• THIS 1 pt loss was not determined by 1 / play / timeout / foul / noncall / slip / turnover / own goal / meltdown / forgot to wear my lucky shorts / etc
              any outsiders and insiders who watched with any BBIQ saw 2 teams taking turns beating the crap out of each other and 2 teams who they do not want to play anytime this upcoming month
              Orlando and beyond should be fun !!!
              For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
              - said no one ever...

Comment

• Hopefully in 3 or 4 weeks, we won't care so much about this game.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                  The bench didn't do that great today with only 13 points. Reaves with zero points. I'm not saying it made a difference, but I wonder if the result would have been the same if Reaves would have started liked he had the last few games?
                  Idk, he wasn't good at UCF either and Conner was. He's in a funk.

Comment

• Well it could be worse. We could be playing ISUr right now.

Comment

• Ha! Indeed. No more sweating having to win the MVC tourney.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockers5150 View Post
                        Ha! Indeed. No more sweating having to win the MVC tourney.
                        Yup. Decent showing in the tourney and still a 4 seed

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                          I replayed that last inbounds "play" about a dozen times. I still don't have a clue what they were trying to do. 3 guys pretty much standing on the east side of the court, so Shaq was the only inbounds option. Then Shaq only had Frankamp to give it back to. Then Shaq kind of wandered toward the free throw line while Frankamp was picking up 2 defenders. It looked like a 2-man play with Morris and frankamp and wasn't actually a play.

That was an incredibly weak last possession on an under-the-basket inbounds pass.
                          we should have called another timeout and set up an actual inbounds play.

Comment

• Gregg getting blown up on Twitter for the quick handshakes. I WISH he didn't do crap like that, even if it's not as bad as it looks.

Comment

• Shock Top
                              Shock Top commented
                              Editing a comment
                              They were all jumping up and down celebrating.

Isnt that like when the coaches fight though the crowd after the Super Bowl to shake hands?

• Today ended Phase 1 of 3 Seasons for the Shocks. Phase 2 is the AAC Tourney which will be interesting as we hope to still be playing on Selection Sunday. Today's game came down to the last possession which was no surprise. The first half the Shocks overcame about a 16-1 run quite well considering. Then another 4 minute or so quite late in the game that hurt. All in all, the Shocks played their hearts out but could not hit enough 3-point shots as needed and the Bearcats did make most of our turnovers hurt. What an exciting game and what a great group of Shocker Seniors of whom we have Not heard the last of by no means. Phase 2 is before them this week and we don't have to chew our nails to the bone wondering if we Dance at Phase 3.
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Gregg is who he is. Some love it, Some hate it.

He’s almost universally loved here, but from an outsiders perspective, I can see how people would care for all that comes with Gregg Marshall; especially when they only see snippets of him
                              The Assman

Comment

Working...
                              X