WSU Versus Cincinnati Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus Cincinnati Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. What an exhilarating script for all the marbles. We could label this heavy weight AAC matchup "Shootout at the CKA Corral." Cin. is playing Tulane on the road as I write. I'll put a score when I finalize this post and later we will have updates. Sunday at 11-a.m. is game time and it will be Senior Night/Day for 6 awesome Shocker Seniors. Zooming in on the box score from the Shocker win at their barn was 76-72 with close stats in most every category. LS scored 19-pts., Shaq 13 and Austin chipped in 12. For Cin., Jarron Cumberland had 18 pts., Jacob Evans had 16, and Cane Broome had 16 off the bench. Speaking of brooms, a little sweeping, whisking action at 21st and Hillside Sunday would be dandy.

So what happens when famished Bearcats are looking for retaliation after our beloved Shocks rained on their home record winning streak cavalcade? Well, I'm thinking our 6 Seniors would like to leave it all on the floor in their quest to win this huge game to tie for first place. Early in the 2nd half the Bearcats, are winning handily 49-26 at Tulane. Who will have the "eye of the tiger"? Both teams will but the Shocks will win this slugfest by 7 as Conner hits 5 trays, Shaq gets a Double/Double, Brown plays some serious D-Fence and hits 2 trays, Willis gets a double double, while Kelly gets 10 offensive rebounds and Rauno hits two trays. A solid group of Seniors who are far from done this very Season.

Shockers led by 6 amazing Seniors--81

Bearcats-------------------------------------74
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

This is a game where the starting 5 on both teams are a wash, a coin flip if you will as to which unit plays better for that game. My opinion, this game rests in the hands of Cincy's X-Factor - Cane Broome. He's their 6 foot, slender but outrageously fast guard who comes off the bench. He's a far better scorer and a better athlete than their guard Jenifer, but Jenifer takes care of the ball and evidently controls the offense a bit better. Over the course of the last four games, Broome is averaging 14.25 PPG, shooting 71% from the field and 63% from 3 - all off the bench. He lit us up for 16 the last time he faced us and if it wasn't for him, we would've destroyed Cincy.

I'm predicting a loss if Broome comes in and plays like he has been and our defense continues to suck donkey balls like they have the past five games, 77-76. That said, I want Koch louder than Matt Braeuer hitting the game winning 3 pointer against Creighton. The crowd is what is going to push the Shox to a win over a very strong Cincy team if we control Broome. 79-69.

Comment

SHOX by 6
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

"There are some men coming to kill us." - 67
        "We are going to kill them first!" - 71

Go Shockers!!!

:wsu_posters::poster_shocks::wsu_posters:

Comment

My prediction? It's going to be VERY loud!!!

Comment

Boooooooo Booooooo Boooooo

Just getting my vocal chords warmed up.

We’re in their heads Shocker fans, they know we can effectively game plan to counter their defense. They want revenge, they want sole possession of the AAC title, they want the number 1 seed. Not gonna’ happen in MY HOUSE! When they start pointing fingers at each other, we’ll know we’ve got ‘em, folding like the cheap suits their coach wears.

Unfortunately I’ll have to wake up early, prolly 9:30ish, this will undoubtedly put me in a foul mood. Bring it Shocker Nation, loud, like really loud, like 11 on your Marantz amp. I want them using a bastardized form of sign language to communicate. Afterwards, we can stuff Czar Nickolaus the 3rd Cronin into a school locker, just like when he was in Jr. High (tell me they still call it Jr. High?)

Shocker Nation - 79
            The Unholy Matrimony of a Bear + Cat - 71

Comment

Gregg 71
              Mick 70

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                WSUwatcher commented
                Editing a comment
                In the Warren Nolan neighborhood, PA.

Under his predictions link, he publishes two score predictions for each game: "Resid," which he says is 76% accurate, and "ELO," which he shows as 74% accurate. For the Cincy game, Resid has the Bearcats winning 72-71, while ELO picks WSU 72-69. So if you average the two, you get WSU 71.5, Cincinnati 70.5.

Oh man...I just...wow, I'm nervous. After last night, I'm a bit unsettled. Go Shox!

Comment

84 to 78 Shockers! Knock on wood!
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

cincy2.png
                  Tinypic™ is a photo and video sharing service that allows you to easily upload, link and share your images and videos on MySpace®, eBay®, blogs and message boards. No account required, upload your photos and videos today!
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• ky-mike
                    ky-mike commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Pic is too small to read. Resolution does not allow for enlarging.

• 1979Shocker
                    1979Shocker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That's why it's called TinyPic.

shox 80
                  bearcats 65

rashard gets his double double, conner sets a career high

Comment

I can't find that Marshall quote about what the crowd needs to be/do on Sunday. Anybody??

Comment

To be honest, i'm really worried about this game. We've just barely squeaked by since the win at Cincy while they looked unstoppable last night.

I hope to be wrong, but my nightmare scenario is Cincy building a double digit lead early when the Shocks come out overhyped, we make runs and make it close at times but never quite get there and Cincy runs away late.

I guess being a Chiefs fan has conditioned me to expect failure. Somebody please tell me i'm worried about nothing.
                      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• forevershockerfan
                        forevershockerfan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        This heavyweight match up could still again come down to the last play of the game with the the team that scores last gets the spoils and the first seed in AAC tourney. On paper and the stats of last game point to a toss up They want to avenge their home loss and not be swept. The beloved Shocks rarely lose at home, especially on Senior day with 6 veteran Seniors on-board. The roof, the roof, the roof will rise with the roar of excited Shocker fans. What an funpacked chapter to this new and still unfolding Shocker adventure. Now we await the rest of the script as it develops before our very eyes Sunday.

• Cdizzle
                        Cdizzle commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Comparing scores is a dangerous standard.

It becomes particularly useless when head to head exists. WSU scored 76 and won......at Cincy. Doesn't mean WSU will win Sunday, but do not despair. Be hearty and of full voice.

The great thing is it’s okay to lose. We’ve done well enough till now to be #11, guaranteed a spot in the Dance and a good seed in our conference tournament.

There is a lot to lose in this game, being a conference title, but that’s really it. This scenario beats the heck out of winning the MVC 18-0 even if we split with Cincinnati. So there’s a lot to root for but it’s not a must win for any reason other than a shared conference title.

Just trying to take the edge off. But I do really want that title :)

Comment

• newshock1234
                        newshock1234 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Bingo, kind of how im feeling. I love to get a share of the title, but if we end up losing its not the end of the world, we will be dancing regardless and with a solid seed

We match up well with Cincinnati. Shaq is virtually ungaurdable without a double team. It's our Senior's shining moment! Shox take 1st in their inaugural AAC season and are the 1 seed in Orlando.
                      I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Dan
                        Dan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The Shaq comment is dead on. This is our biggest advantage. They double him and it opens up the perimeter for everyone else.
                    Working...
                    X