No announcement yet.

Which Is Worse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chalking this up to a 'streak' in the probability implies that the shox have a 16 for 29 from 3 game in the future (could be spread out over more games of course) This is assuming they shoot 35% on average. Problem is that shots in a game are not random events, as the player has more influence on the miss than the make. eg: It's possible to miss all your shots, it's improbable to make all of them. (geek over and out)
    I had season FOOTBALL tix... did you?

Comment

If you keep in mind Marshall's goals for this season, it is easier to see why he has the philosophy to allow them to continue to shoot. His goal is to win the MVC tournament. I have not heard him mention winning the regular season. Not once. He knows this team is not ready for that. I also have not heard him mention an at-large NCAA birth. Same thing, this team is not ready for that. The goal is to be playing the best basketball that this particular team can play during March. With that in mind, the players knowing that their coach believes in them enough to allow them to continue to shoot, even when they are missing, may end up being more valuable than the one extra win might have been. With a different team, or different circumstances, maybe the loss would be more costly. Unless these guys make a very unlikely run over the next couple of months, the messege that Marshall sent may be more important than the loss, because the loss isn't likely to cost us anything.

Comment

Originally posted by McShocker
        If you keep in mind Marshall's goals for this season, it is easier to see why he has the philosophy to allow them to continue to shoot. His goal is to win the MVC tournament. I have not heard him mention winning the regular season. Not once. He knows this team is not ready for that. I also have not heard him mention an at-large NCAA birth. Same thing, this team is not ready for that. The goal is to be playing the best basketball that this particular team can play during March. With that in mind, the players knowing that their coach believes in them enough to allow them to continue to shoot, even when they are missing, may end up being more valuable than the one extra win might have been. With a different team, or different circumstances, maybe the loss would be more costly. Unless these guys make a very unlikely run over the next couple of months, the messege that Marshall sent may be more important than the loss, because the loss isn't likely to cost us anything.
        Yup.

But, boy do I hate to lose--ever.

Comment

Trust me, I wasn't exactly seeing my current angle during the game. It is hard to watch your team lose games that they shouldn't lose. It is hard to watch them lose games they should lose. I just hope that Marshall's focus on the tournament equates to a better performance in St. Louis.

Comment

We have played in St. Loise before?
            “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
            -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Since it was brought up in this thread, this has been a very poor year in the Ashley "Don't call it Furniture on Consignment" Half court shooting. Can't remember what year it was, but I loved it when we had "ode to Terrell Owens" endzone celebrations after a made half court shot. I would actually applaud the Johnny Morton "worm," or an Ickey shuffle if somebody could just make a freethrow.

Comment

Working...
              X