Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you prefer to make the "Last Four In" in this year's Tourny?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who would you prefer to make the "Last Four In" in this year's Tourny?

There are several teams "on-the-bubble" or close to making the "Last Four In" in this year's Tourny, who you would prefer to be amongst those four?
    Kansas State
    7.94%
    Marquette
    9.52%
    Baylor
    14.29%
    Temple
    63.49%
    Some One else
    4.76%

The poll is expired.

Somewhat loaded question and wide choice of teams as far as probable or not probable. Currently, K St is probably in and not even on the bubble. Baylor's on the bubble, but likely in, while Marquette is barely on the bubble. A lot would have to happen for Temple to get in.

3 teams are opponents of ours with Temple a conference mate (that should favor them by most here). You could have put Tulsa in Temple's spot and got a similar outcome both in votes here and likelihood of getting in.

The mild kitties are just going to get (or not get) votes because their K St, a team in Kansas.

More balanced, less biased group: Alabama, Providence, UCLA, Nebraska (but who cares about this group).

Or: St. Mary's, St. Bonaventure, Middle TN (assuming no auto), or anyone else.

Or: Marquette, Baylor, Oklahoma, Notre Dame.

Comment

...and with Temple's loss tonight to Connecticut, I believe their at-large bubble has busted.

Comment

Prefer as in “I like that team” or prefer as in “I think they deserve it the most”

Comment

• shock-it-to-me
          shock-it-to-me commented
          Editing a comment
          I took it as prefer as in would be the best match up for the Shox should we have to play them.

• Jamar Howard 4 President
          Jamar Howard 4 President commented
          Editing a comment
          So there are now 3 interpretations. Too vague of a poll.

Who I want in, who I think deserves in, and who would be best for the Shox to play could all be different answers.

I voted based on who I would enjoy watching play and would have the best shot at upsetting someone. So I picked Marquette. My heart however would like to see Temple. I liked the choices, made it tough to choose.

Comment

Easy, Temple getting in makes for another NCAA share to the AAC

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerEngr View Post
            Easy, Temple getting in makes for another NCAA share to the AAC
            Can someone remind me, do we get NCAA shares from the AAC for this year's tourney? Or did we decline to take any this year to get us in faster?

Comment

• Cdizzle
              Cdizzle commented
              Editing a comment
              Absolutely we do. They are banking on us.

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post

Can someone remind me, do we get NCAA shares from the AAC for this year's tourney? Or did we decline to take any this year to get us in faster?
            We don't get shares of any past years, but I think we do going forward from this year.

We don't get any tv revenue until the new contract I think.

Comment

• Cdizzle
              Cdizzle commented
              Editing a comment
              IIRC, our "share" of tv revenue is being used to pay the "entrance fee." All of which looks to me like the conference schools weren't particularly excited about giving up any part of their current TV revenue, and WSU didn't particularly care; it's not exactly like WSU was raking it in from MVC TV contracts.

To add a 4th interpretation, my first thought was "Duke."

Comment

• MadaboutWu
              MadaboutWu commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep, mine was "Kansas."
          Working...
          X