X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gregg Marshall Show - 02/26/18

Gregg Marshall Show - Tonight

Monday, 02/26/18 - 6:00pm to 7:00pm
    All news, and all that matters to you in the Wichita region, plus 24-hour traffic updates, weather & more. Stream, read and download KNSS-AM from any device on Audacy.

98.7 FM
    1330 KNSS

Likely tape delayed broadcast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp4plLGa7R8
    Last edited by WuShock Reaper; February 26, 2018, 01:27 PM.

Anybody in the area listen? Any insights?

Comment

Scheduled to run on Cox22 at 9pm also.

Comment

I suppose the highlight was 3G giving Bill Self a big compliment on KU winning 14 consecutive Big XII conference titles to close out the show.

We'll see if that triggers a Fire Marshall thread.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 26, 2018, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• pogo
          pogo commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm sure BS would acknowledge GM's accomplishments as well but then that would mean BS would have to acknowledge that WSU even existed.

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        I suppose the highlight was 3G giving Bill Self a big compliment on KU winning 14 consecutive Big XII conference titles.

We'll see if that triggers a Fire Marshall thread.
        The Phog might be in pre-Big-Monday shock after his comments; thought it was very classy of coach Marshall... he was sincere and giving credit where it’s due. 14 straight titles is mind boggling.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Talked about Shaq's progress and how he is playing like a man now. Shaq has potential to make an NBA roster if he continues to do the things he is doing now.

He said this is the reward for all of the uh....coaching he has done with Shaq for the past 5 years.

Comment

Also talked about how much better the team is with McDuffie firing on all 8. Said we will be a tough out in the tournament if he keeps playing that way.

Loves the way the guys like to make the extra pass. It may have been MK but they were talking about the pass to the Conner in the corner (when he had enough time to make a dribble) that ended up in a wide open 3. He showed that to McDuffie while they were reviewing the game and told him what a great job he did.

My brain works in spurts.....

Comment

• Cdizzle
              Cdizzle commented
              Editing a comment
              That pass by McDuffie was awesome. He had just made 3-4 straight shots, and he had another open shot, but gave it up for a better one. Seemed to me like he no longer felt the need to score 5 points himself on every possession in an effort to make up for lost time.

He also said that Tulane and SMU would be top teams in the MVC.....LOL

Said that Lynn was packing for St Louis this morning and he had to remind her that they were going to Orlando next week.

Really happy that we are in AAC. Said there were 4 - 6 NBA prospects in our league.

When he paid respect to the rug.....I threw up a little in my mouth...

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post
              He also said that Tulane and SMU would be top teams in the MVC.....LOL

Said that Lynn was packing for St Louis this morning and he had to remind her that they were going to Orlando next week.

Really happy that we are in AAC. Said there were 4 - 6 NBA prospects in our league.

When he paid respect to the rug.....I threw up a little in my mouth...
              Only
              a little?
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• ShockAzs
                ShockAzs commented
                Editing a comment
                Yea. Surely the rest went onto the floor and anything else nearby.

14 straight is impressive. The rest of that league sucking for this long, is not impressive. I'm sure the ACC would consider a Big 12 title a "participation trophy". But I digress...

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
                ShockingButTrue commented
                Editing a comment
                Not at all. It's true.

Who would be dumb enough to argue against that?

During those 14 consecutive "best in the B12(-2) by acclimation and decree" seasons, they are 1-3 against the lowly MVC.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Fair enough to commend The Rug on his accomplishment -- he can only win the league he plays in, and it's better to win than not to win. Still, as various sages have said, the Chickenhawks are the Atlanta Braves of college basketball: really good at taking the first step, not so good thereafter.

Comment

A some take aways that haven't been mentioned - He divides up the scouting to assistants. Each assistant will get a third of the teams (he was talking about the AAC at this point after Mike mentioned how new the AAC was compared to the MVC) to scout. Then he and the assistant will come up with a game plan for the upcoming team.

He likes to watch film or upcoming opponents games at home instead of the office because he never knows how free time he'll get at the office.

He has graduate assistants? (wasn't clear but he mentioned J. R. Simon by name) watch upcoming opponents games and come up with one interesting thing to share with him.

On offense he a structure to keep the players from getting in each other's way but the freedom to make plays. It might have been in a part about attacking the zone but he wants players who are great shooters (mentioned Landry, Reeves and Frankamp) to take the open shot even if it on the second pass.

He talked about valuing possessions especially against a team like SMU that wants to slow things down. He said he has work with Machine Gun Willis about that. He said Willis has a tendency to rush things that lead to turnovers.

Comment

Good point made about "New scouts", nearly our entire schedule was first time playing these opponents. 11 new conference opponents to prepare for as other teams just pull out files and clean up scouts a little bit. He did say 2nd time through the league was a little better on scouts and starting to get better views and ideas of how several teams change looks as the go through league a 2nd time. Whereas all other teams had one new scout, shox.

Comment

Also, Lindstead has the UCF scout, so we can praise/blame the scouting as it plays out.

Comment

• WuShock16
                        WuShock16 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That seems weird to have Kyle on that scout. I’d think you’d want Donnie on that since those are some of his former athletes. That said, I suppose you’d want him scouting the coaches who he knows...and he obviously never went against Johnny Dawkins as a conference coach. So, maybe “weird” isn’t the right word but instead “interesting.”

• Stickboy46
                        Stickboy46 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        There also might be a tendency to "scout" based on how he used players rather than how Dawkins has been playing them. Probably good to have a Fresh eyes and allow Donnie to provide input instead.
                    Working...
                    X