WSU Versus UCF Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus UCF Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. We are in a Conference fray for the gold and it will go down the the last game of the Season IMO. Before it all began, every prognosticator picked us to win the AAC except the AAC coaches picked up 2nd place. Who is correct? Stay tuned but my prediction was and is we focus on UCF first and foremost, then we will sweep the Bearcats at home on Senior night. Along the trek of the Shockers new journey, the new men on the block faced some snags, but they are still up and swinging every step of the expedition.

The Knights are now 8-7 and 17-10 before playing Tulane tomorrow and then hosting us at their Orlando barn. Here at CKA, we defeated them 81-62. This team does not normally shoot the rock as good as foes we have faced, but do play good D., even without Tacko Fall. Shaq and Tacko Fall were tied for Conference lead on blocks with 10 apiece I remember right before the Season ending injury to TF. How did we defeat this team here at 21st and Hillside? Big ball bay bay, Big ball I declare. Shaq led us with 19 pts. and 6 RB, Willis had 12 pts. and 9 rb. while Kelly had 8 points and led us with 10 rebounds. On guard play, LS only scored 4 but had 6 assists while Austin chipped in 9 points and 3 assists. For UCF, BJ Taylor had 12 points with 5 assists while Dayon Griffin scored 15.

Our beloved Shocks are now 13-3 and 23-5 and on a scorching winning streak of 6 wins in a row and 8 wins in the last 9. Can you dig that at this time of year? Thought so, but I'll hang up and listen. Before Season started, we discussed the Shocks being led by the tripod foundation of Shaq, MM, and LS. Next thing we know, LS and MM are injured. However, MM showed us tonight how good our Shocks can and now are when these 3 are clicking as witnessed tonight. The Knights armour will be dulled and not shining as our depth and road warrior ways glisten with this needed win. Shaq might need another band aid but is the best Big in this here AAC and will prove it with 22 points and 11 rebounds as the black and yellow win by 14.

All Knight Short by 14------------------------65

Best Road Warriors in the Country-------79
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Another trap game. We should win, but it may not be so easy with the big game with the number 1 seed on the line afterward. 84 - 72

Comment

With just 2 games to go probably no trap games.

Comment

My prediction is I will be there
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• 60Shock
          60Shock commented
          Editing a comment
          So will ShockerD, his daughter, friend, and I.

Hope to bump into you and any other shocker fan attending. We have seats in Section 105..

WSU 71
        UCF 66

Comment

I believe UCF will give us a tougher test than SMU just did. We'll need to take our game up a notch.

Comment

UCF is like 67 in the RPI, which makes this a Quadrant 1 game for now. Time to get back to work on defense against a mediocre offensive team (assuming BJ Taylor goes off still).

Comment

ucf2.png
              Tinypic™ is a photo and video sharing service that allows you to easily upload, link and share your images and videos on MySpace®, eBay®, blogs and message boards. No account required, upload your photos and videos today!
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Can't look past these guys. I think it will be a tough game and losing is a distinct possibility.
                MM is coming on and surely DW / ZB will have better games. Shocks in a dog fight 78-75

Comment

• im4wsu
                  im4wsu commented
                  Editing a comment
                  RealTime RPI has us losing by one point; KenPom 68% odds to win, a five-point prediction.

• ShockTalk
                  ShockTalk commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Rpiforecast.com has us as a 7 point favorite.

Shaq is playing like a man possessed and LS is back to running things efficiently, CF is focused and the new kid AR is feeling his oats. MM has found his mojo recently. Team is rounding into what they need to be at this time of the year offensively. Defense?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Pickle View Post
                  UCF is like 67 in the RPI, which makes this a Quadrant 1 game for now. Time to get back to work on defense against a mediocre offensive team (assuming BJ Taylor goes off still).
                  Rpiforecast.com projects UCF to lose 2 of their last 3 regular season games and have an RPI of 69.

Comment

• Mr. Pickle
                    Mr. Pickle commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Still would make it Q1, correct (road 1-75)?

• ShockingButTrue
                    ShockingButTrue commented
                    Editing a comment
                    absolutely

Watching UCF v. Temple, and man is UCF poor on offense. Even our defense can’t help them that much. I see a score very similar to our first meeting.

Comment

"Empty old suit of armor" - 71
                    "Men coming to pillage and burn" - 84

Go Shockers!!!

:poster_wu:

Comment

Shocks by 12.
                      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

84 to 75 Shockers!
                        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                        X