WSU Versus SMU Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus SMU Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. The Shocks are going to the D and I do mean Dallas and Shocks better mean business on D-Fence unlike the 2nd half of the Tulane game we just witnessed. SMU is 16-12, 6-9 and 13-3 at home. They surprised us all here at CKA defeating us 83-78 and the Shocks were ranked 7th at the time. The Mustengos were led by Shake who rattled and then rolled us with his 33 points which included his 5-3-point makes . Whoa Nellie, because he was not the only SMU player shooting lights out in that game with 63.8% FG and 50% from three point land. Ouch!!! The Equus caballus of course of course are solid at home and the Shocks will have to get much more giddy-up on Defense if we want to win out in this here AAC with Cin. still a game ahead and Houston right there with us.

Yes, we SN brethren were hoarse screaming hey, hay, hey in that loss among other things not repeatable. L. Shamet scored 20 and let's hope he's back and healthy. Will Shake play because he has been injured? Either way, the Shocks are still Road Warriors and if we can beat Cin.on the cold and lonely road, why not avoid a sweep versus a team we are better than? With or without Shake playing, the Shocks want this win for sure. Shaq can have his way this time in the game by avoiding fouling and getting the rock in the right places. CF played much better tonight while Austin had a nice 1st half. CJ made 7-7 throws tonight. I'll hang up and listen. We win by 11 in a close one as the Mustangs have to foul, foul, and foul at the end and the Shocks will make the free ones.

Mustangs not Sally-------------------------72

Shocker Playing Road Warrior Angry--83
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Recent news says that Shake officially has a broken hand (a third meta - something bone) and not just dislocated fingers that has caused him to miss the last 6 games. I don't think he'll play, he has aspirations of going to the NBA this year, plus SMU is not going to the tourney. Why would he risk coming back too soon, re-aggravating the injury and risking his NBA workouts to play little ol' us? If he does play, I say we lose 82 - 77. If he doesn't play, we win 88 - 71.

Comment

don't ya think they'll probably play their best game of the year, except when they played here.

shox by 34

Comment

We win by 14 no matter who plays cause it would be rather embarrassing to lose to a team led by a player with a broken hand.

Comment

SMU Stripe Out.jpg

Comment

• Kochaddict
            Kochaddict commented
            Editing a comment
            How do they determine what size to provide? Are they one size fits all?

Seriously, has there been a color out for every road conference game we've played this year?
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Why haven’t we had free t-shirts in 5+ years?

Comment

• Bluzrover
              Bluzrover commented
              Editing a comment
              Because our fans actually want to, like to and do buy Wichita State shirts of varying colors and are even willing to wear them outside of the arena!

Hopefully there'll be enough yellow and black sprinkled around to ruin the look.
            Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              Seriously, has there been a color out for every road conference game we've played this year?
              ShockerFever, look at these color outs as an honor as schools don't usually do this for some flea bag school they figure they are going to wipe the floor with. Boring!

Who knows, maybe its the American Conference's way of welcoming the Mighty Shockers to their league? Then again, maybe not?

Plus, over the long run, playing before packed conference houses in some locals we may not have recruited in during the past might further benefits as well.

Comment

If Landry plays, I feel comfortable we'll win. If Landry doesn't play, I don't feel so comfortable about winning.
                Last edited by shocks02; February 22, 2018, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Revenge.

Gus Santos 77
                  Jon Koncak 71

Comment

I highly doubt Shake plays. I had seen a tweet a few days ago with their coaching saying he's doubtful he'll even be back at all this year. We really need Landry back. Hope he doesn't have the flu like everyone I know.

Shockers - 82
                    Ponies - 68

Comment

78 to 67 Shockers! Revenge of the road warriors!
                      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Shocks by 13
                        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

smu2.png
                          Tinypic™ is a photo and video sharing service that allows you to easily upload, link and share your images and videos on MySpace®, eBay®, blogs and message boards. No account required, upload your photos and videos today!
                          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                          ---------------------------------------
                          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                          X