X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gregg Marshall Show - 02/19/18

Gregg Marshall Show - Tonight
    Monday, 02/19/18 - 6:00pm to 7:00pm
    All news, and all that matters to you in the Wichita region, plus 24-hour traffic updates, weather & more. Stream, read and download KNSS-AM from any device on Audacy.

98.7 FM
    1330 KNSS

Likely tape delayed broadcast: https://www.youtube.com/user/CoxSports/featured

Coach said the home run play has been a perfect 11-11 in his career at WSU.

Comment

It was interesting hearing Coach talk about that home run play. Conner, due to his sizie I guess, is unable or unwilling to try to make that pass. Initially, he was going to have Austin inbound the ball but Austin reminded him that he can't make that pass due to his shoulder. So Landry and his 3rd grade quarterbacking skils were called upon.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        It was interesting hearing Coach talk about that home run play. Conner, due to his sizie I guess, is unable or unwilling to try to make that pass. Initially, he was going to have Austin inbound the ball but Austin reminded him that he can't make that pass due to his shoulder. So Landry and his 3rd grade quarterbacking skils were called upon.
        I thought I heard Landry call out "Omaha" just prior to the perfect spiral to Austin.

Comment

3G credited Coach Isaac Brown for his scout and game plan for Temple and Coach Donnie Jones for his scout and game plan for Cincy.

Comment

• Dan
            Dan commented
            Editing a comment
            Was it Coach Brown’s plan to have us down 14 at half or was it the adjustments he recommended at half time? Just curious.

Now I know. 3G has enlightened me. Basketball players are called cagers because they used to paly in a cage.

Had to Google that and found:

The words go back to basketball's Stone Age and the first professional players. Nearly everyone is familiar with the sport's beginnings, 100 years ago. James Naismith, a physical education instructor at the YMCA training school in Springfield, Mass., needed a challenging game to amuse a bored gym class, so he invented basketball. A scant five years later, in 1896, the first acknowledged professionals took the floor in Trenton, N.J. Their court, in a social hall, was enclosed, literally, in a cage, a 12-foot-high wire-mesh fence set along the endlines and sidelines.

At the time, the cage made good sense. Front-row spectators sat even closer to the court than they do today, and Naismith's original rules said that when the ball went out of bounds, the first player who got to it could throw it back in. Obviously, it would have been disastrous to allow players to wrestle in the laps of paying customers for possession of the ball. With the cage the rule was moot—the ball never went out of bounds.

The out-of-bounds rule was changed in 1902 to eliminate sideline scrimmages, but by that time the early pros were wedded to the cage. The thinking was that the game was faster and more entertaining in a cage because there were no delays to return the ball to play, and because the ball and the players could bounce off the wire mesh. Rope netting, a cheaper material, soon replaced the wire mesh as the cage material of choice.

Many eastern professional teams played in cages until 1925, and a few continued using them well into the '30s. Cages were rarely used outside the Northeast and never by high school, college or AAU teams. Still, the term cager was commonly used to describe all basketball players.

https://www.si.com/vault/1991/11/11/...-from-the-fans

If Cincy and WSU meet on March 4 with the Championship on the line perhaps a real cage match would be appropriate.

Comment

Coach Marshall knocked it out of the park at the end... love how he showed some love for our other programs.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              It was interesting hearing Coach talk about that home run play. Conner, due to his size I guess, is unable or unwilling to try to make that pass.
              On the "star of the game" show, Shamet mentioned that Frankamp had a spot throw in whereas in his own case he was able to run the baseline as needed, which makes the pass much easier. So it may not have been Conner's size or hesitancy that was the issue.

Comment

• proshox
                proshox commented
                Editing a comment
                If you watch the play... Landry was wide open down court, but CF would have had to throw the ball through the defender on the baseline. It was there and it wasn't there...

We all knew that play was coming a second time and so did Cronin. I watched it again in attempt to see how he was going to have his defense steal it. I think one of the players chasing McDuffie was suppose fall back...

• 1972Shocker
                1972Shocker commented
                Editing a comment
                I was just going by 3G's comment that Shamet wasn't tall enough to throw over the defender. However, as you point out that is much tougher when you are locked in to one spot. But in any case 3G thought he need a taller player inbounding at that point.
            Working...
            X