No announcement yet.

Asbjorn Midtgaard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wanted to put my 2 cents out there on AM. As great as the Shockers have been the last 5-7 years, I can understand the prove it on the court mentality of shocker nation. We "mostly" all started licking our chops when this young, large man chose our amazing program. We knew pt would be hard with our Senior big man stockpile, so some soured on him. I'm still expecting a great shock career, and am glad that he will be a part of the rotation this upcoming season. I recall after the F4 season that some we're concerned about our interior presence with C-Hall and Orukpe out of eligibility. Master Marshall plugs in Coleby and Lufile (yes, F4 run bench cheerleader Lufile) and merely runs the table in the regular season. He practiced, learned, lifted, and took his minutes when he could so that he could come back and help hold down the post. I understand it's not identical, but to cut my novel short, in Gregg I trust, in the program I trust, and I can't wait to see what the big fellas can do. I have a feeling that we are gonna love this kids game.

Comment

• Topshock
      Topshock commented
      Editing a comment
      It is certainly no given that he will be any part of next years rotation.

• Rlh04d
      Rlh04d commented
      Editing a comment
      If he doesn't crack the 10 man rotation as the most experienced big man he should transfer. But pretending like he isn't the front runner to not just be part of the rotation but start is ridiculous.

We are bringing in 4 centers that each offer something a little different. Hustle and muscle (AM), length (JE), power (MU), girth and range (IPBC). Should be fun to see how they sort themselves out.
    Livin the dream

Comment

MU and IPBC can also play the 4 if need be.

Comment

Originally posted by Boss1786 View Post
        MU and IPBC can also play the 4 if need be.
        Poor Bear for sure. Marshall has stated that Udeze and Echineque could also learn the position. I’m a bit skeptical on Udeze as his range doesn’t exceed 6 foot. Could run a two post system with McDuffie and Brown at the three.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Topshock
          Topshock commented
          Editing a comment
          Two post system is all but dead in today's game. When WSU ran that this year they were destroyed on defense.

• wufan
          wufan commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree on the two post system. One of them would have to be a stretch player. Not sure anyone other that IPBC could do that.

• SweetShocker
          SweetShocker commented
          Editing a comment
          McDuffie declared for the draft, so that is out. Hopefully he will change his mind and stay since he is nowhere near ready.

Udeze is a bigger Carl Hall. He’s no stretch 4 but he’ll be a beast with help defense underneath.

Comment

• SweetShocker
          SweetShocker commented
          Editing a comment
          Since when does big mean good. Paul White (The Big Show) played for Wichita State and he was no good. If appearances mean anything, AM looks like a Disney Medfield cluts.

I want Poor Bear and JE on the floor together to become a thing so we can have a PB&J lineup
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I want Poor Bear and Bear God on the floor together so we can chant, "Who let the Bears out?"
          Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Are you guys here all week?

LMAO

Comment

Thinking of a poll " Who will AM accidentally maim this year?"
              1) opponent @ half court line
              2) ref and 3 rows of crowd members on a fast break dunk
              3) falling on an ESPN camerman
              4) teammate with over exuberant fist bump

For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
              - said no one ever...

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                1972Shocker commented
                Editing a comment
                No "All of the Above" option?

• Slykryck
                Slykryck commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree with 72. He accomplished #1 in about 50 minutes of court time.Everything is in play for a full season.

• T.VuOP
                T.VuOP commented
                Editing a comment
                No coach?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with our opponent being required to respect the inherent physicality of our roster due to risk of injury. Shaq carried that threat every time he was on the court in the Valley and sometimes in the AAC. God's Bear can bring that threat to anyone. This is something you cannot teach.

T

...:cool:

Comment

AM: "Hello, Teddy. Teddy Allen, right? I'm Asbjorn..Asbjorn Midtgaard. I think I've heard, but refresh my memory, what is it you do on the basketball court?"

TA: "I score inside".

AM: "That could be interesting. You're going to be practicing with us this year, right?".
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Topshock
                  Topshock commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm sure it will be quite an education for AM
              Working...
              X