• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 come up huge today for us.

ZB
    MM
    AR

AR player of the game in what will have everyone talking about our FF potential again.

Take the Shox +6 all day long boys. Buy the wife something nice.

Bookmark this.

Comment

My fear is Shaq picks up 2 quick fouls. He and Willis need to have monster games today. If we can get Cincy in foul trouble that would be huge. They are not deep.
      We did not react well to pressure in Houston. I'm sure Cronin saw that. He's going to dial it up and wait for us to wilt. Willis can't panic and get a traveling call everytime he gets doubled. Zach can't try to dribble in traffic. Post passes have to be crisp and accurate. Not our usual lazy lobs. Above all, we have to be agressive or we'll get punked again just like in Houston. It would help if McDuffie had a good game. Unfortunately, this is not the kind of matchup that he thrives in.
      Last edited by Zubcut; February 18, 2018, 12:46 PM.

Comment

I'm hoping Higgins gets assigned to ref this game after last nights descreptcency in bubbletown. Those 3 stripes from last night can't have 2 games in a row like that can they? Sure would raise some red flags if they did....
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

The line has moved to Cincy -6.5, Were I a betting man, I'd go with Cincy. Shox have not shown well under pressure or against top teams. Until they show they can do that, I think they will struggle in a game like this.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Zubcut View Post
            My fear is Shaq picks up 2 quick fouls. He and Willis need to have monster games today. If we can get Cincy in foul trouble that would be huge. They are not deep.
            We did not react well to pressure in Houston. I'm sure Cronin saw that. He's going to dial it up and wait for us to wilt. Willis can't panic and get a traveling call everytime he gets doubled. Zach can't try to dribble in traffic. Post passes have to be crisp and accurate. Not our usual lazy lobs. Above all, we have to be agressive or we'll get punked again just like in Houston. It would help if McDuffie had a good game. Unfortunately, this is not the kind of matchup that he thrives in.
            Id say thats pretty spot on.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Team with the Chick-fil-a logo - 65
              Team with the really cool shock of wheat mascot - 66

Comment

The opportunity it is certainly there for our guys. No prediction, but I just want to see us play with focused intensity for 40 minutes.

Comment

BIGGEST GAME OF THE YEAR THUS FAR!!!!!!!!

WHO'S EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!

LET'S GO SHOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

I predict the crowd will be curious yet well behaved
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Ted Valentine is on the crew. Have he and HCGM met?

Comment

Let’s go SHOCKERS!!!

Comment

I was wrong.

Very, very wrong. Haven't had a chance to watch the game yet, so I don't know which of my concerns proved to be in error.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I get tired and I get sick when I underestimate our beloved Shocks. However, I did call the perfect home/run pass before the timeout was over and it worked in perfect fashion. We need to win out, one at a time. Road Warriors will be Road Warriors.
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I thought we’d lose but I did say if 2nd half Temple team showed up we could squeak out a win, so I feel like I was kinda right. Hedging my prediction.

Comment

I said Shocks by 6. Thought they would foul Landry instead of poking the ball loose right towards the end. A win is a win though.
                                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• ShockTalk
                                  ShockTalk commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  I don't think they poked it loose at all. It looked to me like LS was fumbling the inbounds and, upon seeing that, the defenders went after the ball and got it. Had LS cleanly secured the ball, they may have had to foul him.

• ShockdaWorld
                                  ShockdaWorld commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  That’s possible too. I didn’t see the replay very well. Either way, I was two points off.
                              Working...
                              X