No announcement yet.

WSU Versus Cincinnati Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't seen Cincy play this year. Obviously they are a defensive juggernaut so why not speed the game up, drive the lane and draw fouls. Feed ShaQ and Willis and draw more fouls. We need to be the aggressor and dictate...not be passive and hope their defense breaks down to get a good shot...cause it won't. Their just too good defensively for us to be passive.

Unless they all the sudden shoot the 3's like Temple did...we have the weapons to outscore them. It's not an 11:00 am start time so our guys will be ready.

Ultra Big-Time Game:
    Top Dog 4 Now - 68
    Almost Top Dog Tomorrow - 77
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Vegas opens with Cincinnati at -6 which doesn't seem bad for our side really. I think we all can see some improvement in the team the last few games and I also think there has been more help for GGG from his assistants. Having to prepare for so many new opponents has surely been arduous. Hopefully the guys can win or at least keep it respectable. I'm really proud of this team and have enjoyed watching their progress even though i may start needing strong drink soon.

Comment

shockers 67
        whats a bearcat? 62

Comment

I would put our chances of winning at around 20% which is 20 percentage points higher than I had it 2 weeks ago. If we lose we can start looking ahead to March. If we win, time to buckle up.

Comment

If we can find our defense I would like our chances a lot better.......
            Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
            Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

Skyline Chili. 68
              Pizza Hut. 69

Comment

I thought Cinci looked tough against Houston in a losing effort. The same Houston team we were down to by 20+ at the half.

It's gonna' take a serious man's effort to win tomorrow, but it'll be no different come March so let's find out where we stack up I say.
                Last edited by ShockingButTrue; February 18, 2018, 05:09 AM.

Comment

I think the big key to the game will be our 3pt shooting. Cincinnati allows teams to shoot only 30.3% from 3. However, in their three losses, their opposent shot at least 40%.

if Austin, Landry and Conner come out hot, I think we have a pretty good shot.

Comment

"Pop goes the weasel today" - 67
                    "The Prairie Reaper comes a calling today" - 71

Go Shockers!!!

:poster_wu:

Comment

IT'S GAMEDAY BITCHES !!

Comment

Vegas says Cincy by 6

Comment

Shocks by 7.
                          I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

When was the last time we were a 6+ point dog? Gonzaga in 2013? There might be something more recent than that but I can’t think of it off the top of my head.

Comment

Been to 2 Super Bowls less
                              Used to being everyone's Super Bowl more

Comment

First half Temple team shows up and we lose by 20, second half Temple team shows up and we can squeak out a win, but we’ll need that team for 40 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X