WSU Versus Temple Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus Temple Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. The Temple Owls must face their waterloo here at this visit to their 'Temple Of Doom' and soon, right here at 21st. and Hillside on the hardwood. Why? The Shocks OT loss at the City of Brotherly Love (81-79), gave us the creeps. After that loss, it is believed that hamster owners right here on SN heard them running the wheel in perpetual motion all night long. As Diamond Rio exclaimed in music, some SN folk put salt in their coffee and shoes on the wrong feet. Step away from the ledge now and sleep easy because I reckon the reckoning draweth nigh soon, very soon. The sky did not fall, and the Shocks are back to finish strong in this here AAC race IMO.

Temple is a team Who-Hooo is fiesty and were led by Quinton Rose in that game with 19 points. Their record is now 15-10 and 7-6. Shaq had 24 points and 9 rebounds for us in that game, so look for more of that as he doubles our pleasure with a double/double in this matchup. This game is not about the who/hooo, hooo but rather the clipping of owls wings and turning heads 360 degrees to the Shocks of black and yellow. Then what? We bag them, win by 17, and will be 20-5 and 10-3 heading back out to the cold and lonely, hard truth, road. That's my prediction and I'm stickin to it like super glue.

So why the big ruckus on this thread rather than the masterpiece I was striving for? The loss there left a bad taste in the Shockers mouth, a burr in their saddle, and a bone in their craw. No mercy, no shirts no shoes, no service, and no win for Temple this time. Our beloved Shocks will play angry like famished hyenas. How do the Shocks accomplish this? Play like we did tonight, especially the first half. Overall the Shocks had 24 assists, 46 bench points, out-rebounding them by 16, and only committing 9 turnovers. While we played much better in the first half, look for 30 minutes minimum of rompin/stompin hardwood steel versus Temple. Conner is back, LS, is back, Kelly is the man, Shaq will attack, and Austin is really showing promise as these men lead our squad to this needed victory.

Who Hooo Owls ---74

GRRRRRRRRR---91
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Shocks by 14
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Our two slumpers have awoken back from their slumber. Also I have a feeling revenge will be on their minds.

I think this one could get out of hand.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• pogo
        pogo commented
        Editing a comment
        I was thinking payback as well. They may have the Philly cheese steak but they aren't going to like the Wichita Shocker

• GreatWhiteBuffalo
        GreatWhiteBuffalo commented
        Editing a comment
        Would very much enjoy seeing that.

• Bluzrover
        Bluzrover commented
        Editing a comment
        If Fever feels that strongly about this game then I am feeling even better!

temple2.png
      Tinypic™ is a photo and video sharing service that allows you to easily upload, link and share your images and videos on MySpace®, eBay®, blogs and message boards. No account required, upload your photos and videos today!
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Now that our slump is over, let's hope they don't slip into another one. Time to make that February push into March and don't over look anyone. I think all of our players know this.

Shockers - 89
        Owls - 72

Comment

wsu 95
          temple 71

Comment

Welcome to Koch Arena - 67
            Pay Backs R A U Know What - 92
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

BTK--------92
              Bill Cosby-68

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                BTK--------92
                Bill Cosby-68
                Classy
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  BTK--------92
                  Bill Cosby-68
                  Damn

Comment

Would love to see a repeat of the UCONN performance. I was impressed with about 95% of that game. Still thought they left a few too many open threes and wasn't happy to see two guys go over 20 for UCONN. Otherwise, everything was really a great improvement.

Let's get this one and get some major momentum for Cincy.

Comment

• Bluzrover
                      Bluzrover commented
                      Editing a comment
                      There was a day when I too was not happy to see an opposing player put up 20 or more on us, let alone two players, but this is a much different team than what we've seen in the past and I like the results. That being said, I'd prefer the glue-guy defense we're known for. I think once Markis lets the game come to him, our defensive prowess will pick up.

Wichita State covers easily in a big, statement W going into Cinci (which we will also win).

Comment

we play like we have the last 2 games and we'll win by 20. I personally think we're back on track.

Comment

Last game all 3 of our guards were hitting shots. Rarely does everyone have a good shooting game at the same time. Their percentages tend to balance out over time. I'd like to see it continue for at least the next two games. We need to hit shots to win on Sunday for sure.

Comment

This games should be a revenge game like when the red birds beat us at their home turf and we came back with a vengeance. No mercy. Our guys are shooting good now. we have all three guards firing shots left and right and use the big guys to get rebounds in case and we will win. I wish i could see this game live. The atmosphere at CKA better be loud and crazy. The players, fans, and student section better bring the A game mentality.

Comment

Working...
                          X