WSU Versus Memphis Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. 8 man rotation ( LS, CF, AR, SM, DW, RN, RK and MM
    2. My starters are LS, CF, AR, DW and SM. We then have 3 darn good subs to work in
    3. No, I wouldn't start RK. I think he is a damned good role playing sub
    4. At least 18 minutes from each if healthy and they all KNOW that THEY are the guys
    5. No minutes for others unless we are up at least 15
    6. DW should know he only starts if he rebounds, defends and shares the ball
    7. Three perimeter shooters in the line up means better shots for everybody inside and out
    8. All three of my starting guards are smart and can handle the ball
    9. At least half of MM's time at the third guard ( SF ) spot. With all the timeouts and play
    stopages I see no reason why starting guards can't play 33-38 minutes a game
    10. If we start trending quickly to an 8 man rotation we will win the next three and be ready
    for Cincy and the rest of the season. If we don't I see at least 8 losses total maybe 9

Comment

• jdshock
      jdshock commented
      Editing a comment
      The biggest issue with your starting lineup of LS, CF, AR, DW, and SM is that you really limit the offensive firepower coming off the bench. Until MM fully recovers (though he showed signs of life last night), he's still pretty weak offensively. Add Kelly and ZB to that group and you just don't have a great shot on offense.

AR has been really good. But he makes a ton of sense coming off the bench. Same with Willis. With those two guys off the bench, you are always going to have fresh legs that can score.

marshall vs tubby

hmm.. i'll go with the old fox in this one: tubby

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      This game will determine the season IMO.
      I said that about the Houston game. I hope you're right and I'm wrong.

Edit: I hope you're right and we go on a F4 winning streak, not that you're right and this becomes the tailspin of 2007.
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

True story.

WstateU and DUShock morale is running low. I think the Shockernet troops could use some savage memes and gifs of girls to boost spirits.

Shocks 80
        Tigers 75

Comment

WSU wins, but doesn't really fix anything. Memphis is good enough to win, but similar to UH @ Cincy, I don't think they are quite 'ready' to pull it off.

Shox 74
          Memphis 68
          -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

78-66.

Not confident in the winner at this point, though I would lean towards WSU.
            The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post

True story.

WstateU and DUShock morale is running low. I think the Shockernet troops could use some savage memes and gifs of girls to boost spirits.
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Image result for old macdonald had a farm cow meme

Comment

I’ll take Tubby Smith for the W

Comment

Originally posted by DanielBryan View Post
                    I’ll take Tubby Smith for the W
                    Thanks Dofo... you’re a true fan.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Don't care what the score is, just need a win.

Comment

Shocks by 3 or 13 or 23.
                        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Shox are better team and will PREVAIL 82-77 and it really won't be that close.

​​​​​​​
                          For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                          - said no one ever...

Comment

Shocks by 9.
                            I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

To win, we'll have to play better than we did at Temple. Temple is the common opponent. Memphis won at Temple and we lost at Temple.

Comment

• Windiwu
                                Windiwu commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Not sure if Temple is a good comparison. They are inconsistent... They only lost to Cincinnati by 2 but have gotten some really high level ooc wins.

For some reason or other I have them compared in my head to the proficiency level of Tulsa. They split with Tulsa.
                                Last edited by Windiwu; February 3, 2018, 01:59 PM.

• forevershockerfan
                                forevershockerfan commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Memphis is dangerous when playing at home but not so much so on the road. They are around 12-2 at home this Season. We are the better team on paper and ranked much better but understand games are played on the hardwood.
                            Working...
                            X