Memphis Roll Call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memphis Roll Call

As shockernet's self-titled "Preeminent Memphian", I would like to welcome all shocker fans that might be in the area or making the trip down to Memphis.

There are no shortages of places to hangout before or after the game right near the FedEx Forum. (even though it is a mid-week game).

Silky O'Sullivan's - right across from FedEx Forum, big beers, dueling pianos, awesome vibe (someone should bring a shocker flag and donate it to their collection).

Flying Saucer Draught Emporium - At the Corner of Beale and Peabody Place, it is what you think it is: a ton of beers on tap and really solid burgers

Central BBQ - Pulled Pork, Ribs, Mac and Cheese - you won't regret it. Consistently top-10 rated barbecue joint in America.

Rendezvous BBQ - Dry rub ribs and definitely an acquired taste. Rendezvous vs. Central hath divided many a Memphis household.

Look forward to seeing some Shocker fans next Tuesday!
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Wife and Inare coming up from Atlanta. Meeting several Arkansas family members. Looking forward to it.

Comment

I thought it was Memphisite.

Comment

Memphisan?
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Crip?
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Blood?
            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Heading down from Louisville area. Will spend a couple of days sightseeing as well as taking in the game.

Comment

We are heading down from Wichita.
                I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

Wish I could be there, @wushox1! Wife and I would love to take a trip to Tennessee one of these days. Thanks for your recommendations, and for being a proud, gracious host! Go Shox!

Comment

• shocks02
                    shocks02 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    AAC tournament is in Memphis next year. Perfect occasion!

Looked good on TV. For those in attendance : what's an estimate of how many WSU fans where there ?

Comment

Total attendance was around 7900, I'd say WSU had around 1000 fans there last night. Helped by a HUGE AR and Rod Brown contingent.
                    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Woodrow
                      Woodrow commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Landry had a lot of family there as well.

My observations from being there:
                    1. FedEx Forum is a great facility. Of course it should be hosting an NBA team but you have first class sound, lights, suites, and Memphis barbecue.
                    2. As I said when you all were freaking out, Landry will be fine.
                    3. Fun area around the arena with all of the music history, Beale Street and good restaurants.
                    4. Loud contingent of Shocker fans. Not sure how many but I heard them loud and clear.
                    5. Memphis fans are engaged and knowledgeable. They boo calls more than we do. Problem is there isn’t enough of them. Most of their announced attendance must have been from the suites, which there is a lot of.
                    6. Somehow one of Rod Browns family snuck in a microphone.
                    7. I would pay good money to see Rod Brown’s dad and LM sit together at a road game.
                    Last edited by shoxlax; February 7, 2018, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• pogo
                      pogo commented
                      Editing a comment
                      How much money?

• shocks02
                      shocks02 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Going to be raucous when we have Rod Brown, Lomax and Reaves with family at the game in Memphis next year. Should help for the conference tournament in Memphis next year as well.
                  Working...
                  X