Official #17 Wichita State vs Tulsa Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    If Henderson is in the habit of trash talking opposing team benches, there was more than PT working against his having a successful career at WSU.
    The ball also stops when it makes it to him. He only has 23 assists all year in 551 min played. By comparison: Shaq has 27 in 450 min. Landry has 109 in 636. Willis has 20 in 406 min.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

The ball also stops when it makes it to him. He only has 23 assists all year in 551 min played. By comparison: Willis has 20 in 406 min.
      If you're a starting guard and you're getting out-assisted by Machine Gun Willis, you might want to reassess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
        I'd go so far and say Austin is better at playing the passing lanes than just about anyone on our team. I'd put AR, MM and Rashard as top 3.
        In conference games, here are steals per 100 possessions.
        Stl/100 poss
        Keyser 3.6
        Kelly 2.2
        McDuffie 2.1
        Frankamp 1.9
        Reaves 1.9
        Nurger 1.4
        Brown 1.4
        Shamet 1
        Morris 0.9
        Haynes-Jones 0.7
        Barney 0
        Willis 0
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

The ball also stops when it makes it to him. He only has 23 assists all year in 551 min played. By comparison: Shaq has 27 in 450 min. Landry has 109 in 636. Willis has 20 in 406 min.
          Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

If you're a starting guard and you're getting out-assisted by Machine Gun Willis, you might want to reassess.
          Let's take this a little further. Corey had only 6 assists in 191 minutes in his year with the Shocks. CJ, as a 2/3, has 9 assists this year in 85 minutes.

Comment

• I recall GGG mentioning in a coach's show that Henderson was going to have to learn more than "dribble between your legs, step back and shoot a three" to play Shocker basketball. He didn't and he isn't. No hard feelings, but also giving him no quarter. Ty Taylor, who I did feel got a raw deal, also has not mastered the art of not shooting every time he touches the ball at his next stop.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
              I recall GGG mentioning in a coach's show that Henderson was going to have to learn more than "dribble between your legs, step back and shoot a three" to play Shocker basketball. He didn't and he isn't. No hard feelings, but also giving him no quarter. Ty Taylor, who I did feel got a raw deal, also has not mastered the art of not shooting every time he touches the ball at his next stop.
              And both are putting up large PPG numbers now .... on teams at or below .500.

Comment

And both are putting up large PPG numbers now .... on teams at or below .500.
                Don't forget Ria'n Holland, averaging 19 ppg at Mercer. Who are 3 guys that would thrive at Evansville?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Don't forget Ria'n Holland, averaging 19 ppg at Mercer. Who are 3 guys that would thrive at Evansville?
                  Ria’n Holland actually turned out to be a solid player. His assist rate is 21 vs 11 and 8 for Taylor and Henderson. Holland’s steal % is 3.4. Highest on our team this year is CJ Keyser at 2.6.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                    Some one asked me if there was anything on SN about anyone being upset that GM did not insert Conner more often to give him more chances to keep his streak alive. I told him I had seen nothing on here but I told him "He had many opportunities when he was in and couldn't do it then"
                    I thought CF looked pale as hell. He had the flu, didn't he? May not be back to 100%

Comment

• Originally posted by Power Outlet View Post
                      Agree with the post earlier saying the 'You Still Suck' chant needs to go away-- ESPECIALLY when directed at a former Shocker.

Come on students,: you guys are great but that needs to stop.
                      I like it............big surprise

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post

Ria’n Holland actually turned out to be a solid player. His assist rate is 21 vs 11 and 8 for Taylor and Henderson. Holland’s steal % is 3.4. Highest on our team this year is CJ Keyser at 2.6.
                        Agree. Holland is legit. It may not have worked out here, or it may have. But he is having a great career at Mercer, and good for him.

I will say, perhaps if Mr. Henderson had shown as much interest in sticking it to his old coach back when he was his coach, Mr. Henderson might still be playing for a Top 20 team. I get the impression Marshall loves nothing more than to have one of his players use their on-court performance to tell him to shove it. Hence the button-pushing.

Comment

• Wichita State is ranked # 16 this week. Not # 17 .That was last week. The Shockers moved up 1 spot.

Comment

• Rocky Mountain Shock
                            Rocky Mountain Shock commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Dude. The thread was started--and the game was played--when we were still #17.

• Shocker-maniac
                            Shocker-maniac commented
                            Editing a comment
                            True, but I took the post to be like a PSA to make sure we were all up to date on recent events :)

• Originally posted by SweetShocker View Post
                          Wichita State is ranked # 16 this week. Not # 17 .That was last week. The Shockers moved up 1 spot.
                          Hell of a fourth post, friend.

Comment

• SweetShocker
                            SweetShocker commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I wasn't aware that correcting a mistake was wrong

• Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post

Hell of a fourth post, friend.
                          That’s a fish monger for ya.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man