• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bunck View Post
    AR12!
    Think we have a winner!

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
      Stephenson must have made up with the administration.
      Sure hope so!

What a painful period in our history.

Comment

• Shaq played with high octane energy and Austin reminded us of his scoring attributes in his High School days. Great to see and we needed both of them to perform so very well tonight.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• I felt like I saw a slight disadvantage to our motion offense and unselfish tonight. There just doesn’t seem to be many plays ran for the guards which is why I think we saw AR go off for 23 in the first half and take 2 shots in the second. I would have like to see him get a few more shots off, especially when we went without a FH for nearly 5 minutes.

Overall though, I thought it was a well played game by our team on both sides of the ball.

Comment

• Reaves and Morris really brought it tonight. Willis, Kelly, and Brown had very nice stats across.

Reaves, Morris, Willis, and Brown were 26-36 tonight. The rest of the team 7-34.

Refs suck big time for a good portion of the second half. Bad calls, very late calls.

Current Shockers and Former Shockers 118, Tulsa 51.

Glad I wasn't the only giving the raspberries for the Hurricane promo.

Comment

• Conner’s three ball streak is done.

Maybe that will actually help him.

Comment

• Solid game for the Shockers today. Morris and Reeves led the way with outstanding games. Willis had another solid game and Zach Brown had one of his better offensive games. Took pretty good care of the ball, and really hit the boards in the second half. Conner and Landry had off nights offensively and we still managed to win going away. I thought Tulsa played a good game, never gave up and cut the lead to four, then we went on our last run to put them away. On to Temple, we better not over look them their better than there record indicates.

Comment

• Good time for both LS & CF to have shooting slumps. Won three in a row without much
                  offensive production. Didn't turn it over though. Not worried about either one of them.
                  They are too good and WILL regain their confidence before too long. Just need to keep
                  jacking them up and they will catch fire again. MM is the one I am most concerned
                  about. Needs to start attacking the basket. Bigs all had good nights on both ends.

Comment

• Congratulations to the 2018 Shocker Hall of Fame class, Karen Augspurger, Brian Burgamy, Natasha Fife, Dustin Garza, Mary Elizabeth Hooper, and Paul Smith.

http://goshockers.com/news/2018/1/28...ed-sunday.aspx

Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 30, 2018, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• My prediction: our defense will continue to tumble in Kenpom rankings until we start to play smaller lineups. During both of Tulsa’s runs WSU played a four at the three with two fives. Tulsa just went five out and waited for a late close out to shoot open threes. When our big closed out hard Tulsa drove by for an easy layup. By the way the big lineup doesn’t help our offense either.

I like it when McDuffie sits at the free throw line against a zone defense.

really good performances by Austin, Shaq, Zach, Rashard and Willis.

Comment

• It is Connerand Reaves. If you are a fan of these fine people, make an effort to learn their names
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Get real-time COLLEGEBASKETBALL basketball coverage and scores as Tulsa Golden Hurricane takes on Wichita State Shockers. We bring you the latest game previews, live stats, and recaps on CBSSports.com

Conner 14 minutes, Duff 25. Kelly with 11 boards and 8 assists (damn we are gonna miss that guy)

Comment

• It's nice to see a Shocker finally go off like a freak in Koch Arena for once. Gets old when the other team is doing it.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I thought it was a pretty good effort considering the issues with LS and CF. A couple of sloppy stretches but the effort was really, the rebounding was excellent (particularly SM and RK), and AR was just a stud. And Reaves wasn't just shooting it. He was in the passing lanes hustling his ass off, passing off the ball, and wasn't hunting for his shot when a lot of players would in the second half.

A 19 point win against a rival and we still have things to work on.

I think the real test for this team will be back on the road against some pretty capable competition. We really good exercise our demons by winning these next two.

That's 9 of the last 10 against Tulsa. Sucks to suck.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                                I thought it was a pretty good effort considering the issues with LS and CF. A couple of sloppy stretches but the effort was really, the rebounding was excellent (particularly SM and RK), and AR was just a stud. And Reaves wasn't just shooting it. He was in the passing lanes hustling his ass off, passing off the ball, and wasn't hunting for his shot when a lot of players would in the second half.

A 19 point win against a rival and we still have things to work on.

I think the real test for this team will be back on the road against some pretty capable competition. We really good exercise our demons by winning these next two.

That's 9 of the last 10 against Tulsa. Sucks to suck.
                                Hope the demons don't get too much muscle from all that exercise.
                                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                                ---------------------------------------
                                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                                X