WSU Versus Tulsa Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus Tulsa Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. We have the Hurricanes from Tulsa blowing into here from the South 40 with payback and vengeance on their minds. We dodged their bullets with a "cut-em slim your bound to win" mentality at their barn 72-69. In that game, CF and LS led us with 16 points apiece and Duff had 10 points and 9 rebounds. For Tulsa in that game, Sterling Taplin was on fire with 26 points, Corey Henderson had 14, and Junior Etou had 12. We did out-rebound Tulsa by 12 but our shooting was cold and we were held to 12 team assists but also committed 11 turnovers. Tulsa is 11-9 and 4-4 and we dare not take this win for granted. I think when we do win this one, we will be around 69-2 at home? Now That is beyond impressive and explains again why the big boys outside the AAC avoid us like a bad habit. Tulsa's last game was a 64-51 win over Memphis.

The Shocks enter this game 16-4 and 6-2. This win would put us at 7-2 halfway home in the AAC with tougher games to face in round 2 in the AAC. Aunt Gertrude use to say "basketball is only a game." However, on this fine SN forum, 'It's only a game as long as our beloved Shocks keep winning". Coach Marshall was restless with a twist of livid at times in the first half tonight. 3G justifying us losing 2 games in a row is like trying to pull hens teeth. Shaq, Austin, and Willis did some nice things tonight. I'm hoping Shaq is okay because we need a healthy squad down the stretch and we are a much better team when Shaq is on like tonight. We win this game by 11. Sleep well tonight Shocker fans. The Shocks started a new winning streak with more to follow.

WSU-----77

Tulsa-----66
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Tulsa lost to ISU-R...TWICE! We need to smoke these clowns and get our mojo back.
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Shocks by 18.
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

SHOX will win this one for sure and not like in Tulsa. We will win by double digits. Now it seems that the American likes going for 3's. Tulsa will try that again. But if we guard like what we did on UCF then we will contain them.

Comment

tulsa2.png
          Tinypic™ is a photo and video sharing service that allows you to easily upload, link and share your images and videos on MySpace®, eBay®, blogs and message boards. No account required, upload your photos and videos today!
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Tinypic™ is a photo and video sharing service that allows you to easily upload, link and share your images and videos on MySpace®, eBay®, blogs and message boards. No account required, upload your photos and videos today!
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Once again, another opponent gets a full week of prep against us. Tulsa's last game was Jan 20th, and we play them the 28th. I just hope Shaq's good to go with the short turnaround. If the 3s aren't falling, we're gonna want to go inside again. But I think we still handle business.

Shockers - 81
              Geographically odd Hurricanes - 65

Comment

• im4wsu
                im4wsu commented
                Editing a comment
                How many times has/will this happen this season compared to other teams?

• Rlh04d
                Rlh04d commented
                Editing a comment
                We have ours the second-to-last game of the season before @UCF -- but luckily we have the home game versus Cinci three days later, so the week will help prep for them.

More like a "Tropical Depression" - 69
              Remove the "Hatches", its just a little rain - 83

Go Shockers!!!

:poster_wu:

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                Once again, another opponent gets a full week of prep against us. Tulsa's last game was Jan 20th, and we play them the 28th.
                Yuuuup. Anyone sensing a theme? I'm running some numbers on 'prep days' across the league, with interest in possibly including them in the conference SOS. I'll post them when I get done.

SPOILER: WSU was done no favors.

Comment

• FadedCrown
                  FadedCrown commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well the American did us favors by giving us the best schedule in the conference.

Our post players were properly motivated yesterday. If their motors are similarly tuned on Sunday, we will crush these dudes.

Polka dots 67
                Final Fours 87

Comment

88 to 72 Shoxs! double pretty please.
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Last go around, Taplin had the game of his life and Tulsa shot 46 percent from three and they still lost. Now, it seems like there's always that one player that goes off on us at home to make the game closer than it should be or that team gets the win. Tulsa blew their load at their place. We get win this game relatively easy and Tulsa will not duplicate their prior effort. We will win by 14, 77-63.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

Yuuuup. Anyone sensing a theme? I'm running some numbers on 'prep days' across the league, with interest in possibly including them in the conference SOS. I'll post them when I get done.

SPOILER: WSU was done no favors.
                      That's why you don't want to look like your video this time of year. A wrinkle here, a wrinkle there, could make a big difference.

Exactly why we made a final four run....no one could truly scout us as the team in post season looked nothing like the one in the regular season.

Comment

I can only imagine the Roundhouse will really be rocking tomorrow. And the great thing about it is the fact that I suspect it will be at least 99% Shocker Yellow and Black in the stands with few available seats for the visitors.

I'm interested to see if Marshall sticks with the same starting lineup he used against UCF. I think it took them a while to settle into it but have to say I was really impressed by Austin's play. He's going to be a leader next year and get a lot of minutes, no doubt in my mind.

Shox win this by at least 16.

Comment

A bit off subject what is the Mark this Channel Read button now gone from the bottom of individual forms?

Comment

Working...
                          X