Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R. Kelly speech to Team

This WSU senior’s speech to the team was 'something that needed to be done'

Speeches are great. Now let's see who gets on the floor after loose balls, gives up the body, goes over the top of screens, doesn't allow themselves to be pushed off of their cuts or back on their dribble. More importantly, let's see if those who don't are held accountable. I can live with an 18-12 team really giving it up every time on the floor and sometimes just not having the firepower to get the "W". I don't know that we have seen a full sellout performance from this team yet. We have outclassed and outshot some teams.

I hope the crowd gets on board and cheers for the Play Angry plays so the players get some positive reinforcement.
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• ShockTalk
      ShockTalk commented
      Editing a comment
      Like cheering through the opposing team's timeout and any dumb promo?!?!

We played really hard against Houston at home, and some other games too. Even Their coach said so. Against Houston last Saturday I would agree that they were the physical tough team and we soft one and maybe in a game or two that we won, maybe we weren't as tough as we need to be. Hyperbole isn't necessary with a 15-4 Top 20 team even if it makes one "feel" better.

Comment

• 1979Shocker
      1979Shocker commented
      Editing a comment
      It seems like we're playing hard when we're making shots, but when the shots aren't falling, then the perception is that we aren't playing hard.

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
    We played really hard against Houston at home, and some other games too. Even Their coach said so. Against Houston last Saturday I would agree that they were the physical tough team and we soft one and maybe in a game or two that we won, maybe we weren't as tough as we need to be. Hyperbole isn't necessary with a 15-4 Top 20 team even if it makes one "feel" better.
    I tend to think we have some pretty talented players and that has brought us a lot of wins this year. Don't feel like they have generally played very tough all year. If they can add that element , they could really elevate their game.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
      I think we've played hard at times, but I have yet to see a 40 minute effort. This team has buckled down and played hard late in some games when they were down and absolutely had too so I know they are capable.

Note: 40 minute effort doesn't necessarily mean that we play mistake free or look good in all facets of the game for 40 minutes, just that all 5 on the court play hard all 40 minutes.
      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post

I think we've played hard at times, but I have yet to see a 40 minute effort. This team has buckled down and played hard late in some games when they were down and absolutely had too so I know they are capable.

Note: 40 minute effort doesn't necessarily mean that we play mistake free or look good in all facets of the game for 40 minutes, just that all 5 on the court play hard all 40 minutes.
        I think Marquette, Baylor and OSU were pretty consistent the entire game. We have talent but not more talent than OSU, OU, Notre Dane (with Bonzi, and Farrell) Houston, or Baylor and we haven't been totally consistent but I think you may be looking for perfection and may not realize it.

I hope we right the ship after the Houston debacle.

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
          ShockingButTrue commented
          Editing a comment
          Absolutely agree with this. Those teams have some good victories since those games.

Lets face it, the talent in the American is significantly better than what we have been used to in the MVC. We can no longer wear down our conference opponents with our deeper bench and count on them tiring out in the second half. We have got to play a whole 40 minutes and not count on always making a big comeback in the second half.

Comment

Working...
        X