WSU Versus UCF Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus UCF Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. Shocks don't let Shocks lose three in a row or 2 at home. Nope, not gonna do it. Therefore, somebody, lots of foes, have to pay with loses. So in comes UCF at 12-6 and 3-3. Last Season the Knights were 24-12 and took 4th in the AAC at 11-7. They play some rugged D. However, I heard Mike Kennedy say after the game that their 7'6" rim protector and NBA prospect, Tacko Fall is injured and maybe out for the Season? Sorry to hear that because I've never seen this 7'6" center play yet. TF was Defensive POY in the AAC last Season.

Johnny Dawkins is their coach and two other key players are Ceasar DeJesus and AJ Davis. This game is at home sweet home at 8 at the Shocks will not come out of the gate late. It will be more poetry in motion than my attempts in the last sentence we hope. UCF beat Nebraska 68-59 and Alabama 65-62 earlier this Season. They also lost big to W. Virginia 83-45 and another loss to Cin. 49-38 for some perspective. Athlon and Street and Smith picked them 3rd. and Lindy's predicted 4th in the AAC. Tonight they play USF.

Our beloved Shocks are in a funk and will need to jetsam some baggage not found in the Marshall Plan Playbook. Today, 4-20 from 3-point land? Yikes!!! We are way to good for that to happen. The man to man today bothered us as much as the goofy zones we been facing. Way too many turnovers and was half of them self inflicted? Last Season, the Shocks came on strong as the Season progressed and I'm hoping to see that history repeated. However, this is more of the Valley of Death in the AAC than what the Shocks have faced for many moons. Even so, we win on the road in times past by keeping turnovers to a mild roar, hopefully 10 or less. Houston gave CF and LS fits today on defense and that didn't work out so well for us. Thus, the Shocks are now 15-4 and 5-2. Our new kids on the AAC block have got roughed up some now and will right our ship, regroup, improvise, and come out swinging like a fist factory.

In this game, the Shocks will surpass the Knights by 11. Yes, 11 and I'm trying to be conservative in that. The only "Knights In Shining Armor" will be decked out in black and yellow. We did rebound better today in the second half and our energy levels seemed more high-octane then too. However, Houston had "the eye of the Cougar syndrome" for close to 40 minutes and were not going to be out-hustled by us. We all wanted this AAC switch but the challenge is more constant and demanding along the trek. We have been touted as a team "better on paper" in the AAC, but on the hardwood, our foes are stepping up to try and upset our turnip truck. Sleep well. The Shocks will get it all figured out and the 'school of hard knocks' can be the instructor of all learning curve lessons needed to go where we want to go. LS will score 22 and Shaq will have a double/double to lead the way to 16-4 and 6-2. Count it !!!

Shocks-- 70

Knights--59
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Should be an easy win with Taco out for the season

Comment

I think this game will go a long ways towards healing what ails us. We rip tits and win by 25.

Comment

ucf by 2

Comment

This game will be a relatively easy victory due to their 7'6" fella out. Probably a 23 point margin of victory and many will say all is right in the world again. Wrong. This game will be fools gold.

Comment

2w6s2m0.png
            Attached Files
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

We probably win

Comment

Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
                This game will be a relatively easy victory due to their 7'6" fella out. Probably a 23 point margin of victory and many will say all is right in the world again. Wrong. This game will be fools gold.
                Fools gold only if we win by playing with the same premadonna, soft attitude.

If we win while showing grit & toughness it will be much more than fools gold. I want to see some in your space in your face defense.

Comment

I don't have much confidence in this team right now. I think they drop #3 in a row. I don't see many rays of light to lead me to the conclusion that they are about to turn it around. Sorry to be the pessimist, but man...this team is bad right now.

Comment

We win the next two and this board holds up on refilling their Xanax for another week

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                      We win the next two and this board holds up on refilling their Xanax for another week
                      I sure hope so.

Comment

Shocks-63

Knights-49

UCF is a good team even without TF. He only averaged 22 minutes a game. Shockers figure things out this week and go on a roll.
                        I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

Golden Wheatmonsters 68
                          Golden Knights 56

Comment

Shocks win 42 - 41.

Behind by one with 2 seconds left, Asbjorn grabs an offensive rebound, puts it up, and after tantalizingly rolling around the rim for an eternity (the ball, not Asbjorn), finally falls through the net as the buzzer sounds.

Hey, this has a much better chance of happening, at this time, than my last two failed optimistic predictions.

Comment

Shocks are in a real conference race! When is the last time we had a conference game that the shockers really needed? This is why we changed conferences, this is fun! I plan to enjoy it.

Comment

Working...
                              X