Game experience - a poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game experience - a poll

On a scale of 1-5, how do you rate the experience and atmosphere at Charles Koch Arena during Shocker Men's basketball games? Not considering the game itself but the other parts; intro's, lighting, music, seating, noise level, fan excitement. With 1 being worst possible and 5 being best possible, cast your vote.
    13.46%
    44.23%
    36.54%
    5.77%
    0%

My job got outsourced to Texas

Comment

Why do we not have public polls anymore? I’m really interested in Mary Johnson’s thoughts.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post
        Dang it Obama. Wait...it's Trumps turn. Bring the jobs back Trump. Bring 'em back.

I kid... :)
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

2. The band saves it from being a 1.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            Why do we not have public polls anymore? I’m really interested in Mary Johnson’s thoughts.
            There you go; just made it public

Comment

Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post
              Sorry! I've never done a poll before and thought this was a worthy subject. I'm a TexiKan anyway!

Comment

We have too many promos....probably 3x more advertising that any other arena I've been in. But we're a smaller school with a smaller budget so have to make money where you can.

Comment

Using the SMU game as an example. The TO at 12:58 after CF's three to bring us within one. The crowd was in a frenzy. The TO lasted forever and when the 15-second warning was given to each team's huddle, the band began playing whatever scripted song was pre-planned. All the energy was sucked out of the arena. I am an old fogey and don't even know what the song was, but there was absolutely NO FAN PARTICIPATION involved. I stood in Section 104, waving my arms to encourage crowd enthusiasm and finally had to sit down after the ball was put in play because I stood as the lone jerk. The crowd noise did pick up to a mild rumble, but it certainly was not demanding team effort/performance.

Why couldn't the band ditch the pre-planned song and play Low Brass Cheer or even the beat played at the beginning of each half, either of which the majority of the crowd recognizes and many participate in?
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I'm really, really interested to know the reasons why big house and SB Shock gave the ratings of 4. Do you guys not get out a lot?
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                      Using the SMU game as an example. The TO at 12:58 after CF's three to bring us within one. The crowd was in a frenzy. The TO lasted forever and when the 15-second warning was given to each team's huddle, the band began playing whatever scripted song was pre-planned. All the energy was sucked out of the arena. I am an old fogey and don't even know what the song was, but there was absolutely NO FAN PARTICIPATION involved. I stood in Section 104, waving my arms to encourage crowd enthusiasm and finally had to sit down after the ball was put in play because I stood as the lone jerk. The crowd noise did pick up to a mild rumble, but it certainly was not demanding team effort/performance.

Why couldn't the band ditch the pre-planned song and play Low Brass Cheer or even the beat played at the beginning of each half, either of which the majority of the crowd recognizes and many participate in?
                      The band doesn't get to make those decisions...the decisions are made by people in the Athletic Department.

Comment

Pros:

1.They keep my area around my seats clean.
                        2. I like that they let the crowd sing the national anthem.
                        3.They have a good variety in concessions -for those early games where I can’t stop at Barnards.
                        4. They added WiFi and it seems to be getting better
                        5. A their pixel app now works
                        6. The cheerleader routines are like watching NASCAR for the wrecks. Never seen so many cheerleader dropped.
                        7. They have did a better job of filling the student section

cons:
                        1. The introductions and intro videos are crap.
                        2. Whoever thought of pixel - crap
                        3. Glare off the periphery of the floor from LED lights is annoying. All they need to do is put a mat down.
                        4. Removal of bottle caps is so idiotic

I dont really care care either way about promotion. If the team was rocking it defensively, it would not matter - but their not

Comment

Working...
                        X