When does Marshall reign in the roles for this team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When does Marshall reign in the roles for this team

We are wasting too many possessions by letting Brown Willis and Shaq shoot 3’s. Don’t tell me what their overall % is because it’s what they do in close games against better competition that matters. Of the three Shaq has the best argument especially if he used Nurgers judgement.

Kelly should limit his offense to put backs, layups, and dunks.

i understand giving them freedom to improve, but at some point we have to focus on playing our most efficient style.

and yes I know a lot more about basketball than Gregg............ (joke, weirdos)
    THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

You can call me Bill

Originally posted by William View Post
    We are wasting too many possessions by letting Brown Willis and Shaq shoot 3’s. Don’t tell me what their overall % is because it’s what they do in close games against better competition that matters. Of the three Shaq has the best argument especially if he used Nurgers judgement.

Kelly should limit his offense to put backs, layups, and dunks.

i understand giving them freedom to improve, but at some point we have to focus on playing our most efficient style.

and yes I know a lot more about basketball than Gregg............ (joke, weirdos)

Brown should be be limited to the corner only. Willis only a fully set, wide open, straight on from the top of the key. Morris within ten degrees on either side of straight on at the top of the key .

conner should not pass up open looks from twenty feet in favor of jacking up 28 foot shots with nobody under the basket
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Zach Brown has to shoot like 75% from 3 in practice. It’s the only explanation I can come up with. He’s David Kyles on offense if you took away Kyles’s ability to make 3 pointers and his high flying dunks.

Someone else said it but I’ll repeat it. Only one of Kelly and Brown should be on the court at a time. I think that would fix a lot of the offensive issues. We could afford 3 on 5 on offense if they were defensive stoppers, but they’re not.

i don’t have too much of a problem with Shaq’s and Willis’s shot selection. I thought they were a bit trigger happy early in the year but it seems like they’ve cleaned it up lately.

Comment

• proshox
        proshox commented
        Editing a comment
        David Became quite good at feeding the post.

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
      Someone else said it but I’ll repeat it. Only one of Kelly and Brown should be on the court at a time. I think that would fix a lot of the offensive issues. We could afford 3 on 5 on offense if they were defensive stoppers, but they’re not.
      This idea has been tossed around. I don't buy it one bit. Replace RK or ZB with who? You think AR or MM aren't getting crossed, drove on, or shot over? Our offense is fine.

Comment

It isn't just fine. The offense is having to put up lots of points in small spurts against legit competition. It consistently woefully under performs at the start of games...

Comment

The other teams swarm around Shamet Shaq and Conner which is why Kelly and Brown get the ball with nobody within 10 feet of them. They can’t help but take a shot (this is mostly ZB), which is basically a turnover.

Comment

Shaq is 10/24 (42%) from 3 on the year.
            Willis is 10/28 (36%)
            Brown is 15/47 (32%)

Brown shooting fewer 3's is my only concern from this group. The other guys are shooting fewer than 2 per game. Brown needs to do the same (about 1 less attempt per game)

Comment

People complaining about our offense like we aren't 12th in efficiency, shooting over 40% from 3 as a team putting us in the top 25, in the top 25 in scoring ignoring pace, or shooting nearly 50% from the field also top 25. I wouldn't mind Brown shooting a bit less, but since reaallly struggling early he's at 40% in conference play. ZB has always been a streaky shooter, hopefully recent games mean he's getting on track.

Comment

• Jamar Howard 4 President
                Jamar Howard 4 President commented
                Editing a comment
                Brown shot 34% from 3 last year. 31% the year prior. Yes, streaky, but not enough upside to justify the cold stretches.

He needs to shoot when open to keep the defense honest, but total volume needs reduced, especially with shooters like Shamet, Frankamp, and Reaves on the court.

• ShockCrazy
                ShockCrazy commented
                Editing a comment
                It really just depends, if you take out a 10 game stretch to start conference play last year where he went 5-40 he shot over 40%. He has definitely taken a few shots I don't like I want him to cut out, but for the most part I've been fine with his shot selection. Now his passing, that's a different story.

• Shaqness
                Shaqness commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes!
            Working...
            X