No announcement yet.

WSU Versus SMU Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The closer this game gets, the more worried I get. Our start against Tulsa doesn't have me very confident. We need to come out hot and focused or else we might find ourselves in hole that's hard to dig out. Opposing teams tend to get up for our electric atmosphere as well. Should be another exciting game.

Comment

Originally posted by Ixiah View Post
      These guys are top 3 point percentage in the conference. Ranked 12th in the NCAA.

.413 SMU - 12
      .408 Houston, Wichita State – 18
      .367 Cincinnati, South Florida, Tulane - 106
      .347 Tulsa – 188
      .341 Temple – 223
      .306 Connecticut - 327
      .303 Central Florida - 328
      .298 Memphis – 335
      .258 East Carolina - 351

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...ntFieldGoalPct

Could not believe how much the AAC drops off after Temple!!
      This may be a night where switching all screens is the thing to do.
      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Just gotta hope they don't get hot. Hard to win if a team shoots it uncharacteristically well.
        Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

I always take the approach "Road games are hard". Shox cover

Comment

I predict GGG will have his troops ready for any and all skullduggery Jank might (probably will) employ in a tough environment.

They're gonna' make Shake work extra hard just to find an open man. Hands up, and in the passing lanes. Zach and Mac, taking turns on Shake... They've got some horses, just not as many as us... A defensive masterpiece.
            Last edited by ShockingButTrue; January 17, 2018, 11:00 AM.

Comment

SMU is a great 3PT shooting team with the preseason conference player of the year and a full week of preparation. In terms of the teams we've played, they are probably somewhere between Notre Dame and Baylor in terms of the threat they pose, but they perhaps are more dangerous than that considering their style of play: strong defense forcing lots of TOs + a star that shoots 3s well. They also have a roleplayer who happens to be the best shooter in the game (per KenPom), shooting 59% on 4 attempts per game.

While SMU has struggled in their past 3, they've shot the ball worse than normal in those games and been outrebounded. If they continue to shoot <40% from 3 and we do our jobs on the boards, we can control this game. But they'll come in motivated to prevent that from happening, with plenty of time to game plan and the only AAC coach with significant experience vs Marshall. I expect a tight one, particularly in the first half.

Comment

The season is half over, and your fearless forecaster is still treading water after squeaking by last Saturday with a 5-4-1 record. Now I’m ready to channel my inner Michael Phelps and get moving. As usual, these predictions should be used for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities between...

SMU at Wichita State (-9), ESPNU. The Mustangs’ home loss to Temple last Wednesday was one of the more shocking results of the season. SMU should have been on edge after losing two straight, and Temple is currently 1-5 in the American. The Mustangs did not have a game last weekend, so they have had a full week in the lab to correct their problems. I doubt they can pull off the win here, but as the 315th slowest team in the country, I think they can muck things up and at least make the game interesting. The pick: SMU.

Comment

wsu 89
                  smu 74

Comment

I'm sorry, any team that loses to NIU (yeah, I said it), can't beat the Shockers. We will win by 28, but HCGM will put the backups in and the margin will ultimately be by 10.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
                        I'm sorry, any team that loses to NIU (yeah, I said it), can't beat the Shockers. We will win by 28, but HCGM will put the backups in and the margin will ultimately be by 10.
                        Keep in mind, UNI is the team that has the most wins against us in the past 4 years. If SMU is like UNI where they can really muck up a game, then it's possible we could get dragged down and lose in a low scoring game.

Ugh, I really don't want that to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
                          do you even basketball???
                          Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

Comment

I can see us throwing the press at these guy a lot tonight to get the pace sped up more than they like. I can also see the Stangs giving their best possible effort tonight to come out of this slump they've been in. I think this could turn into a fun rivalry as well.

James "Jumpy" Geathers - 78
                              "Dandy" Don Meredith - 73

Comment

IT'S GAMEDAY BITCHES !!

Comment

Working...
                                X