No announcement yet.

WSU @ ECU Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17 layups and 5 more dunks. This team mostly takes good shots (Eddie Fogler would be proud) and 22 gimmies are a great way to shoot 59.4% from the field.

Comment

• We finished 9-22 from 3 which is very nice considering how poorly we started. 41%
      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
        We finished 9-22 from 3 which is very nice considering how poorly we started. 41%
        My math says we finished hitting 8 of our last 11.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• We have 2 games remaining (out of 14) against opponents not presently in the RPI Top 100, and those teams are #109 and #117. Our SoS presently sits at 47.

Nice change of scenery from that crack house we moved out of.

Comment

• We played 15 and only 2 played 20 minutes or more. That McDuffie kid and Larry Shamet. Good way to prepare for the quick road trip turnaround.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
              SHJ needs to figure out that he can't take it into the face of bigs even if there on a bad team. If he takes it at Taco I'm really gonna worry.
              Taco will turn him into a tostada...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Biggest disappointment of the night was that I missed FVV going ham! I honestly thought the comments on here were jokes. Nah, our boy as going nuts. Anyway, my family was wondering if Gregg purposefully avoided post up plays because he knew we would crush them with it. We also thought C.F. looked a little angry he was getting benched so early.

Fun first half.

Comment

• pogo
                  pogo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think it was the hair that he was mad at. He looked like he had stood out in the Kansas wind for a while.

• Bradley and Drake were never that bad. I'm adding S. Florida to that list too.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                  SHJ needs to figure out that he can't take it into the face of bigs even if there on a bad team. If he takes it at Taco I'm really gonna worry.
                  I think we want him to drive and go after bigs, he just isn't going about it the right way. He is always avoiding contact or fading away when he takes his shot and in the process he is giving the shot blocker room to operate. He needs to go right at the chest of the big man and not give him the space he needs to block the shot without fouling. This is something FVV did very well.

Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaqness View Post
                    Biggest disappointment of the night was that I missed FVV going ham! I honestly thought the comments on here were jokes. Nah, our boy as going nuts. Anyway, my family was wondering if Gregg purposefully avoided post up plays because he knew we would crush them with it. We also thought C.F. looked a little angry he was getting benched so early.

Fun first half.
                    We posted up many times. Both Nurger & Shaq scored off the block and we also had some assists off of post ups.

Comment

• But we had to play them twice and possible 3 times in one year. They impacted our RPI more often.

Comment

• Aargh
                        Aargh commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Our rpi doesn't matter. the only things that matter with rpi are that a team needs some wins against teams with good rpis's, and a team needs to avoid losses against teams with bad rpi's. The problem in the Valley wasn't that our rpi was damaged. The problem was that there were few opportunities for top-100 rpi wins and there were many opportunities for rpi 200+ losses.

• pogo
                        pogo commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I understood that 75% of RPI is determined by SOS. I would have thought that a team with a poor SOS hurts you whether you win or lose so even if you beat a team with a poor SOS isn't it better to only play them once in the AAC rather than twice in the Movalley

• Was very surprised to see The Shockers move up in KenPom following the ECU victory from 11th to 9th; Offensive Rating from 15 to 13; defensive rating from 20th to 19th; Tempo from 171 to 163 and OppAdjEM from 77th to 72nd. The projected record also improved prom 24-6 (14-4) to 25-5 (15-3).
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Cdizzle
                        Cdizzle commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Our non-con opponents had a good night.

• Our guards are really coming around and I like it. LS had 11 and 11 for a su-weeeet double/double. The 11 assists was his personal game record. To put that in perspective, ECU's whole team had 11 assists. Austin pitched in 6 assists in 17 minutes and his defense is still getting better and he luvs to take charges.

Here is a stat that knocks a fellers socks off. Mr. Frankamp has 35 assists and only 5 turnovers for a whopping 7-1 assist to turnover margin. I like it. I like that a lot!!!

SMJ is going through the typical Junior Season of many of our Juco players as he learns his role in this complex Shocker System. Even so, his learning curve will be nurtured often by Coach Marshall and sooner than later, it will register in his performance more and more. His one on one abilities have their advantages when he does not try to do too much when penetrating into the land of the giants and gets his shot swatted rather than hitting an open man in such incidences. Once this all clicks in as we go, he will just keep getting better in the confines of what his individual skills brings to the dance in the confines of our team needs and requirements. I like his motor and quickness as he learns as we go to play under control.
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• WichitaStateGuy
                        WichitaStateGuy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        SMJ had a SWEET behind the back dribble-pop three pointer in the first half that was b-e-autiful... loved seeing that.

• Bluzrover
                        Bluzrover commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The minutes SMJ is getting now and this season are going to bode well for him and us next year. Marshall obviously trusts him and knows what the young man can bring to this team. It's going to really click for him, probably come February, and that's going to be bad news for our opponents. What a change of pace he is from the way Landry runs the offense.

• RPI was a huge issue when in the Valley. No longer.

Comment

• I didnt see the highlights on ESPN. Did they show they Larry Shumet alley-oop to Shaq Brown?

Comment

• Bluzrover
                          Bluzrover commented
                          Editing a comment
                          They did. And you can watch it over and over as it's posted on the Wichita State page!
                      Working...
                      X