Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which college program has done the least with the most?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
    UNLV.

They always have the best athletes. Just ask them.
    I still think it's hilarious we got out of the MVC before the league made us go play @UNLV(you know that was coming with the MVC "leadership").

Their panties shall remain perma-bunched.

Comment

If you go by a per year basis, that UK team a few years ago has to take the crown. A team of NBAers that lost in the first round of the NIT.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

If you go lump sum in history, I would say an east coast school, possibly a Carolina school.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Florida State

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post

I hate the beakers as much as anyone
            WuDrWu begs to differ.
            78-65

Comment

Texas hasn't made the second weekend of the NCAA Tournament in ten years. Before 2003, the Longhorns' last Final Four appearance was in 1947.

The HookEm bunch has to be the biggest paper lion in the history of college basketball.
              78-65

Comment

Illinois State. 1-12

Comment

• Cdizzle
                  Cdizzle commented
                  Editing a comment
                  All the lolz.

• shoxrox89
                  shoxrox89 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It took me a while to catch on lol

+1 on UCLA. Should run away with Pac 12 every year.
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• wsushockerdude
                  wsushockerdude commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nah, Arizona has been smoking them on the recruiting trail for years now.

• BOBB
                  BOBB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That is my point. UCLA losing recruiting battles to Arizona??? Tucson over Westwood?

Alabama? Tennessee? SEC schools are coming to mind.

Comment

Northwestern hasn't done much. P5 benefits and none of that pesky success.
                  One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                    Texas hasn't made the second weekend of the NCAA Tournament in ten years. Before 2003, the Longhorns' last Final Four appearance was in 1947.

The HookEm bunch has to be the biggest paper lion in the history of college basketball.
                    Not to mention they often pick up the best players in Texas every year. Between their facilities, athletic support and ability to recruit top talent, they should be dominating in the Big 12, along with KU.

Comment

I hate KU just as much as the next Shockernetter but to say they’ve done least with most is a little out there. They’ve won countless conference titles, you can waste a day discussing the value of the Big8,10,12 titles but it’s pretty tough to do regardless of the competition you’re going against. I don’t want to get distracted by talking about those in NE Kansas.

When I think of the least with most I think of schools like Mizzou. Strong fan & donor bases but have never made a Final Four. I think of USC, in a recruiting hot bed but never any sustainable success. Or maybe as mentioned above Tennessee just like Mizzou good fan and donor bases but never a Final Four and just one Elite Eight.
                      If you're not going to go all the way, why go?

Comment

Other than their Sweet 16 a couple of years ago Maryland hasn't done a whole lot recently for a school "at that level"...

Comment

• pogo
                          pogo commented
                          Editing a comment
                          MT sure looked tired last night against THE ohio state university.

Originally posted by ccrunner101 View Post
                        Florida State
                        Agree. I can't understand how Leonard Hamilton keeps his job. But my pick for number one underachiever has to be Arizona. In Sean Millers nine seasons, he has signed a total of 33 4 and 5* players. His nine recruiting classes have been nationally ranked 6, 4, 8, 3, 11, 3, 3, 9, and 3. And yet, the best miller has done in the NCAA Tournament is three Elite 8s.
                        "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                          If you go by a per year basis, that UK team a few years ago has to take the crown. A team of NBAers that lost in the first round of the NIT.
                          was that the year that they had t-shirts printed up before the season, showing them going undefeated all year (40-0 or something), and had to dump them on some underprivileged country?

Comment

Working...
                          X