X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gregg Marshall Coach's Show - 01/08/18

Gregg Marshall Show Tonight
    Monday, 01/08/18 - 6:00pm to 7:00pm
    All news, and all that matters to you in the Wichita region, plus 24-hour traffic updates, weather & more. Stream, read and download KNSS-AM from any device on Audacy.

98.7 FM
    1330 KNSS

Likely tape delayed broadcast: https://www.youtube.com/user/CoxSports/featured
    Last edited by WuShock Reaper; January 8, 2018, 06:01 PM.

Anybody listen?
    Livin the dream

Comment

Good show but no real tantalizing tidbits.
      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Funniest comment by 3G for me was when Mike Kennedy asked Coach to comment on the lavish praise heaped on Landry by Coach Sampson, Coach Gregory and Jim Rome.

3G said something along the lines that you have to remember 2 of those guys have ulterior motives. They want to see Landry move on to the next level sooner rather than later.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          Funniest comment by 3G for me was when Mike Kennedy asked Coach to comment on the lavish praise heaped on Landry by Coach Sampson, Coach Gregory and Jim Rome.

3G said something along the lines that you have to remember 2 of those guys have ulterior motives. They want to see Landry move on to the next level sooner rather than later.
          i think it was Greg Lansing who commented that he was personally going to attend graduation at WSU, to be sure that Fred and Ron were really leaving.

Comment

Found out that this won’t be the first time a Marshall coached team beats the brakes off ECU

Comment

From their board, it looks like they tried to hire HCGM years ago. Unsuccessfully, I am happy to say!

Comment

Someone asked a question about Coach Marshall's time playing for and coaching for Hal Nunally. 3G had high praise for Coach Nunally. 3G said he was skinny 6-3 point guard, who would have made Austin Reeves look like Charles Atlas in comparison, who ended up playing mostly the 2 and even some 3 at Randolph-Macon and he was the defensive stopper.

I've never heard 3G say this but I suspect he sees a little bit of himself in Austin although Austin is not quite as denonstrative with his emotions. Austin is more a cool, calm and collected presence that tends to hide a true toughness that you realize is there if you watch him play enough. Yes sir, No sir, Sorry I kicked your butt sir.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 9, 2018, 11:08 AM.

Comment

THE SCREEN by Midtgaard was brought up. It was a play that they have had for a couple of years used to get separation for the point guard. Sounds like they used it to specifically help Malone with the pressure. He wasn't happy about the flexing, told the USF coach he would handle it, and that he has dealt with it.

Comment

Originally posted by boltforge View Post
                    THE SCREEN by Midtgaard was brought up. It was a play that they have had for a couple of years used to get separation for the point guard. Sounds like they used it to specifically help Malone with the pressure. He wasn't happy about the flexing, told the USF coach he would handle it, and that he has dealt with it.
                    "Dead in the Water" screen. I recall it was discussed after the OU game in OKC last year. Jans used it as part of the game plan.
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by boltforge View Post
                      He wasn't happy about the flexing, told the USF coach he would handle it, and that he has dealt with it.
                      Poor CJ.
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                        1972Shocker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Why poor CJ?

• boltforge
                        boltforge commented
                        Editing a comment
                        1972Shocker CJ was the first to flex to Midtgaard and his flex was responding to CJ. It's interesting how the guys reacted to the flex. They were excited but looking down the bench like they were going to get in trouble with dad.
                        Last edited by boltforge; January 9, 2018, 09:02 PM.

When coach starts talking basketball and breaks down different plays/situations and uses basketball terminology I am amazed the things each person has to do in certain situations . And they have to do it instinctively without hesitation..

Comment

And I get the feeling that he is dumbing it down a little for the audience's sake. Being in one of his practices or video sessions must be Ph. D. level basketball.

Comment

Working...
                        X