X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post

Shaq Brown is the future of our program
    Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

No, Shaq Brown must play for this Witchita St. I wonder when ECU plays them?

Comment

Wife and I just got into Greenville. Go Shox.

Comment

• Bluzrover
        Bluzrover commented
        Editing a comment
        Enjoy the game and cheer angry!

vs. ECU +/- Source
      Vegas 24 http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-basketball/matchups/
      Warren Nolan 19 http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2018/team-predict-schedule?team=Wichita-State
      RPI Forecast 23 http://www.rpiforecast.com/teams/Wichita%20St..html
      Average 22

Comment

"Pirates host No. 5 Wichita State, Thursday" - WNCT

By Zach Maskavich
        Published: January 10, 2018, 10:12 pm

VIDEO - http://wnct.com/2018/01/10/pirates-h...tate-thursday/

"GREENVILLE, NC (WNCT) – The ECU men’s basketball team is getting prepared to host a top five team at Minges Coliseum for the first time since 2006 (No. 5 Memphis) on Thursday when they welcome in the Wichita State Shockers.

This is the first all-time meeting between ECU and AAC newcomer, Wichita State. The Shockers enter Thursday’s game 13-2 on the season. Wichita’s only two losses are to No. 13 Notre Dame and Oklahoma.

The Shockers bring the top scoring offense in the American to Minges with a 85.1 points per game average. Greg Marshall’s squad is led by sophomore Landry Shamet who is averaging 16.1 points per contest.

The Pirates come in fresh off a five point defeat at UConn on Saturday and having lost three of their last four. BJ Tyson leads the pirates in scoring as he is averaging 15.7 points per contest. Heading into Thursday, Tyson is third all-time on the AAC career scoring list. Just 104 points separate him from first on the all-time list.

ECU interim coach Michael Perry is looking forward to the opportunity to welcome in a top five team to Minges on Thursday.

“Well obviously, when you have the number five team in the country, that says a lot in itself,” said Perry. “Tremendous talent, well coached and they play extremely hard and it’s no secret that they’re number five in the country for a reason and probably on the rise. Terrific team, one of the best teams to come into our arena since I’ve been around, and probably years prior to that.”

Tip-off is set for 9 p.m. and the game can be seen on ESPN2. The Nine On Your Side Sports Team will have the latest for you leading up to the game and highlights following the contest."

Comment

"Pirates await No. 5 Shockers" - The Daily Reflector

BY NATHAN SUMMERS
          Wednesday, January 10, 2018

"Kentrell Barkley said on Wednesday he had not given much thought to Wichita State’s No. 5 national ranking as the Shockers come to town to take on the East Carolina basketball team on Thursday night at 9.

Perhaps the junior guard/forward was being serious about not spending much time pondering the fact that a 13-2 national powerhouse is headed right for the 7-8 Pirates. But interim ECU head coach Michael Perry said that is not surprising when it comes to Barkley....

I know we’re playing Wichita State, and we watched them on film and they’re good at all spots,” said Barkley, adding that Wichita plays with a lot of movement, a lot of screens and a lot of 3-pointers.

The biggest crowd of the year to date is expected and that fact is not lost on the Pirates, especially freshman Dimitri Spasojevic, who said he previously played in front of 10,000 people in Greece in a European championship game..."

Comment

ecu boasts three double-digit scorers. hmm...

Comment

Let me see if I have this right. East Carolina University is in North Carolina, Western Carolina University is also located in North Carolina. Shouldn't the University of South Carolina Upstate also reside in North Carolina? Things that keep me up at night in Witchita.

Shockers 91
              SIU Salukis 57

IIRC, one Gabe Blair transferred from ECU, an early prototype of the rebound angry philosophy.

Comment

I'm officially not much of a fan of having to wait from Saturday to Thursday for another game.

Comment

Comment

That is great! Hope he has a monster game.

Comment

Working...
                    X