WSU Versus ECU Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus ECU Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. Nothing can be finer, for a Shock win in Caroliner, in the evenfall. The game is this Thursday, 8-p.m. ESPN2 which is channel 2033 on yourn Cox dial. My prediction? 'Yo, Ho, Ho, and a Bottle of Pain' for these here Pirates. Why did the Pirate cross the road in Greenville, N.C.? To visit the 2nd hand hook shop. ARRRR!!! History has taught us that even our Road Warriors can face forks in the road such as late planes, shifting quick sand, walking unexpected planks, loquacious parrots, and the hissing of rabid fans. Duke's Coach mentioned after their loss to N.C. State that solid teams with very capable players are prepared to give their all and all to upset the turnip truck versus ranked teams.

ECU is 1-3 and 7-8 with their latest game which was a loss to UConn 70-65. Last Season, they were 6-12 and 15-18. Coach Lebo resigned after only 6 games recently. Athlon picked them to finish 9th while Street & Smith and Lindy's predicted them to finish 10th. in the AAC. BJ Tyson, Isaac Fleming, and Kentrell Barkley are among their better players. The Shocks plan to dissolve their pot of gold into mear purple dust. Pirate Caution: "Be aware!!!!!!! Shocks have two Boulder Twin Peaks setting legal but bone crushing picks!!! We know who they are.

A win here for our beloved Shocks would result in a 6 game winning streak at 14-2 overall and 4-0 in the AAC. Our D-Fence is getting more feisty, active, and looking improved. It starts there and generates into added Shock Offense as well. CF should be back playing and healthy and we can always use his positive contributions. LS played so unselfish today with lots of assists while refusing to force-feed his shots and only shot the rock twice as the game flow dictated. In this game, #11 will lead us with 22 points while Shaq and Duff go double/double inside. The Shocks are sharing the ball and want to keep improving overall each and every game. Shocks win the game with a 11 point surpass. Even if it gets Captain Hook ghastly, just win Shockers!!!!!!!

Road Warriors--GRRRRRRR---72

Home Pirates-ARRRRRRRR---61
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

The end of the bench probably won't see as much time in this one, but still will see the court. Another game that we all are thankful only gets played once this year.

Comment

ECU is rated lower in KenPom than USF. We roll by 25-30.
      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Keep working that defense.

Comment

Only one day off before we’re back on the road at Tulsa. CF is back, ZB looks healthier, MM’s conditioning looks better. We take care of business early and 11-15 on the bench get more than the 32 minutes played today. 82-63 Shox

Comment

Originally posted by Slykryck View Post
            Only one day off before we’re back on the road at Tulsa. CF is back, ZB looks healthier, MM’s conditioning looks better. We take care of business early and 11-15 on the bench get more than the 32 minutes played today. 82-63 Shox
            ZB had very noticable limp when going down the bench for the handclap when he exited the game for the last time. Didn't look like a tired limp, to me; perhaps not serious, probably not, but very noticible and consistent throughout all the steps he took during the process.
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Slykryck
              Slykryck commented
              Editing a comment
              I missed that. On the floor, he seemed to be moving better the last two games. Looked a step slow early in the season. But he has been battling knee and ankle injuries. If he’s indeed hurting, I think we are MM start at the 3 and potentially more CJ @ ECU. HGGM appears to be pulling a Popovich and getting guys that are hurting a little bit rest in games against “lesser” opponents. Already seen ZB miss one and CF miss two. Don’t remember this in past years.

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post

ZB had very noticable limp when going down the bench for the handclap when he exited the game for the last time. Didn't look like a tired limp, to me; perhaps not serious, probably not, but very noticible and consistent throughout all the steps he took during the process.
            I first noticed the limp after he hit the layup with contact late in the second half.

Before that, he looked great.
            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

ECU recently beat USF by two soooooo...

Comment

Why ruin a good thing. Shox by 1:good:

Comment

If Frankamp is okay, don't look for CJ to get much playing time except in the last 5-6 minutes, unless there is foul trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                    If Frankamp is okay, don't look for CJ to get much playing time except in the last 5-6 minutes, unless there is foul trouble.
                    If ECU is not any better than USF, don't look for Shamet to play as much as he did tonight. Also, with only 1 day in between, I wouldn't expect many minutes for CF either.

Comment

Pain.

We probably won't keep shooting from three at the ridiculous percentage we have been lately, but we'll have a 20+ point lead at some point in the second half.

These Cincy games are going to be brutal, marquee, elite 8 quality games. But there's only a few AAC teams that are better than top MVC competition. UCF or Tulsa could take one from us on an off night, but really the entire conference season comes down to us and Cincy.
                      Last edited by Rlh04d; January 8, 2018, 07:53 AM.
                      Originally posted by BleacherReport
                      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Steeleshocker
                        Steeleshocker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I would also add SMU to that list.

• Rlh04d
                        Rlh04d commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You're right. I actually meant SMU instead of Tulsa. I do not see much of a chance of Tulsa upsetting us.

Winter is coming - 62
                      Drop your sails, lower ye colors and prepare to be boarded - 89

Go Shockers!!!

:poster_wsu:

Comment

We are firing on all cylinders and the turbo clicked in yesterday as well. Shockers by at least 30+

Comment

Ugh, glad we're getting the bottom two teams out of the way early. Get some more good development for the deep bench. Since it's a short turnaround, I'd rather see all the starters play 20 min or less. Also, with McDuffie back, we're really rolling now.

Shocks - 84
                          Pirates - 59

Comment

Working...
                          X