Raise the Roof (or Lower the Floor)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
    Cameron Indoor arena holds 9,314, the Roundhouse holds 10,506. I think we are just fine.
    Clearly the size your TV contract is much more important than the size or your arena.

Comment

• pogo
      pogo commented
      Editing a comment
      I've always been told size isn't important...we're still talking about the arena right?

Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
    Cameron Indoor arena holds 9,314, the Roundhouse holds 10,506. I think we are just fine.
    With the current TV coverage I agree. Basically every game can be seen in Hi-Def in the Wichita viewing area for around $60.00 a month.
    Livin the dream

Comment

there still is a waiting list. a mafia payment to saso will skip you toward the front of the line.

Comment

Stadium is just fine.

Comment

If economically and architecturally feasible, lower the floor.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

"Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

All I want is a drink holder on the back of the seat in front of me. If had a dollar for every $5.00 freaking drink I've knocked over the last 35 years.....

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
              All I want is a drink holder on the back of the seat in front of me. If had a dollar for every $5.00 freaking drink I've knocked over the last 35 years.....
              especially with the requirement to now remove all caps.......

Comment

• InWuWeTrust
                InWuWeTrust commented
                Editing a comment
                i've been bringing a cap from home..

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
              If I had a dollar for every woman who found me unattractive, they would eventually find me attractive.

Comment

I just want enough legroom for my knees to not be jammed up against the seat in front of me or a shutout so I can stand the whole game.
                Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• pogo
                  pogo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I use the guys knees behind me as a head rest. Its tough when he gets up and down though.

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                I

The latest renovation cost $25 mill. Schaus evaluated adding seating capacity. That design would have been $50 million and it was Schaus's opinion that that amount could not be raised, so he went with the lower figure and pretty much created a permanent maximum seating for the on campus facility.
                The cost to increase capacity to 12,500 was estimated to be $32 to $35 million at the time. It was not the cost that concerned Schaus. He decided that 10,000 was the right size for Wichita State. There were many supporters that wanted a larger arena, but JS did not.

Comment

OK I can now visualize how this would look at Koch.. Go for it. I'll send my 2 cents along for the financing as well.

Comment

I think the current demand relative to availability is ideal. Demand seems as high now as it ever will be. What would happen that would increase demand? Shox are top 10, new exciting conference, etc. What happens when Shox finally have that "bad" year or two?

Seems like demand can't go higher, could drop a bit, and everything is perfect as is. I'd hate to be going to games in 2024 with empty seats.

Comment

• BOBB
                      BOBB commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If we absolutely had to we could always play another game or two at IBA if it maximized net revenue, though I am not sure it would.

i was kind of thinking about IBA and the demand for the games there. A couple have not been really high profile teams but the demand was there, I don't see a bunch of the expensive seats not being utilized and perhaps it would allow more people to enjoy the game on a regular basis in the less expensive seats higher up. Just thinking that everyone would move down a couple of rows and open up more seats at the very top. Of course I could go the cynical route and think that the new seating would be ultra premium seating at an ultra premium price but then again it would open up other seating at other levels. Even when we were horrible we still put butts in the seats so how much worse would it look to put 5,000 people in a 12,500 seat arena vs a 10,500 seat arena.

Comment

I'm all for expanding capacity to 12-14k whenever its time to replace CKA. Until then I think we should just work to keep what we have nice like we have been doing the last few years with the smaller improvement projects such as the LED lights and locker room renovations.
                      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Demand is a function of price. Even if we’re seemingly approaching a state of equilibrium with regards to the current supply of tickets and their price doesn’t mean WSU couldn’t grow ticket revenue by increasing the supply of tickets (via expansion) and lower prices. These aren’t mutually exclusive concepts, just different plots and curves.

A little Econ birdie named Perline told me about all of this once. Even had graphs and crap.

Comment

Working...
                        X