Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WSU Versus USF Predictions and Pregame Discussions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus USF Predictions and Pregame Discussions.

Here's the deal. What the deal is would be the Shocks playing the Bulls of South Florida. This game is Sunday at 3-p.m. at CKA as the Shocks are in the hunt for 27 wins at home in a row. USF is 7-9 as they dropped a close one yesterday to East Carolina, 67-65. A notable win they achieved this Season was versus Arkansas State at 72-61. The Shocks struggled in our barn but beat Arkansas State 89-80.

Last Season, the Bulls record was 7-23 and 1-17 in the AAC. They are coached by Brian Gregory and 3 key players for them are Payton Banks, Stephan Jiggetts, and Tulio Da Silva. Lindy's and Street and Smith picked them to finish 12th and Athlon picked them 10th. They will be in big trouble with a capital T here at CKA.

Mr. Z. Brown and MM will lead our stingy, hair on fire DeFence trying to get the Bulls off their game plan and playing as if on roller skates. My goodness it was like embellishing comfort food to see Duff get 11 points tonight. Shaq was more consistent and LS and CF were smoking hot at shooting the rock tonight. This is a game the Shocks hope to not just win to become 13-2 and 3-0 but also improve as a team while doing so. We will out-rebound USF by oodles to make up for allowing the Cougars to nip us by 1 tonight. Look for our deep bench to outscore our foes bench with ease as the Shocks win by 22 smackers led by #11 scoring 22.

Shockers 83

USF-------61
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Looking forward, I was just gazing back at the Shock stat sheet from last night and here are some interesting tidbits.

Only 8 turnovers and 18 assists for our Shocks while Houston had 15 turnovers and only 9 assists. Now That is some Shocker basketball that we like and need to go where we want to go. Lately, these positive stats have not always been there in positive fashion.

Our 4 guards were 6-11 from the 3-point line. Now we can live with that. Both teams had 5 steals. While this Shocker Squad has done excellent on rebounding margins (not last night), we are not getting the steals as we did in the days of Cotton, Bake, and Smooth FVV. MM led us in this category last Season and I'm glad he is back on the floor and earning more and more minutes as he heals up and shakes off the rust. We did shoot 3 more throws last night but would like to see this Shocker margin improve.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

76 to 71 Shoxs
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• SHOCKvalue
        SHOCKvalue commented
        Editing a comment
        Wut? Feeling negative today?

USF is a bad, BAD squad.

• Steeleshocker
        Steeleshocker commented
        Editing a comment
        that's his prediction every game

USF is 308 in KenPom. Our lowest ranked opponent so far was Savannah State at 327. USF ~= Savannah State.

Comment

Build on that defensive performance. Make it a thing again.

Comment

Bloodbath.

Apex led by Marshall 93
          Apex led by Heath 58

Comment

Shox by 1 :good:

Comment

I'm looking for CF to light it the eff up. Score a cool 18 points. AM plays a lot and we end up winning by 17.

Comment

• Topshock
                Topshock commented
                Editing a comment
                NM

Name your score if the regulars played the whole game. I expect healthy doses of bench players. This is not South Dakota State or some other lightly known, but dangerous team.

Edit: therefore we don't cover.
              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Shocks by 19 (although it could be 29 if 3G so chose).
                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Pain!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Comment

USF.png
                      Attached Files
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                        Pain!

If you're not going to go all the way, why go?

Comment

wsu - 96
                          usf - 62

Comment

Working...
                          X